St James' Park

Dave

Telegraph say we're in talks then they state that it's been agreed.

I'm calling bs.  :pow:

Also see;

The Sunday Telegraph understands

but it is understood

It is expected

A Wonga spokesman did not comment. (ie no quotes).

Which is why I think it's far to early to be getting angry over this.

If you stick ya head out the door you can hear a distant rumble of laughter... from the rest of the world

Sorry, but the rest of the world ceased to give much of a shit about Newcastle United about a decade and a half ago. The only people laughing at this are some of us, some bitter Mackems and a few self-regarding Southern bastards who hate Geordies for some unknown, inexplicable reason.

Decka wants £10m for stadium sponsorship per season

We have existing deal for £10m per season for our shirt sponsorship

Mid table Premiership clubs are now signing £20m per season shirt sponsorship deals.

We take an early exit out of our £10m per season shirt sponsorship, sell that deal bundled with stadium sponsorship deal (worth a total of £20m-£30m) for £8m.

Yeah fucking right.

Mid table Premiership clubs are now signing £20m per season shirt sponsorship deals.

We take an early exit out of our £10m per season shirt sponsorship, sell that deal bundled with stadium sponsorship deal (worth a total of £20m-£30m) for £8m.

Yeah fucking right.

Has that actually been confirmed btw?  ???

If you stick ya head out the door you can hear a distant rumble of laughter... from the rest of the world

Sorry, but the rest of the world ceased to give much of a shit about Newcastle United about a decade and a half ago. The only people laughing at this are some of us, some bitter Mackems and a few self-regarding Southern bastards who hate Geordies for some unknown, inexplicable reason.

:alone:

'I don't hear the children's laughter anymore'

Yeah fucking right.

In various quotes from him saying he believed he could get £10m for it and it would pay for a new player for us every year.

Yeah fucking right.

In various quotes from him saying he believed he could get £10m for it and it would pay for a new player for us every year.

So it was total bollocks then.

Yeah fucking right.

Still, the fact that we got £10m from VM and other teams below in the league are gaining £20m per season now (from a charity as well) kind of holds up.

Yeah fucking right.

Still, the fact that we got £10m from VM and other teams below in the league are gaining £20m per season now (from a charity as well) kind of holds up.

That's only Sunderland and even then it's up for massive debate as it was never (IIRC) formally announced as that.

Virgin were paying not that much shy of what could be expected IMO.

Yeah f***ing right.

I think Bayern Munich get less than half of that. I could be wrong, mind.

Wasn't that the reasoning behind selling the stadium naming rather than shirt sponsorship?

They're all lies anyway so the point is moot.

Which is why I think it's far to early to be getting angry over this.

Can't really blame people for expecting the worst though, can you?

They expected the worst during the summer when we were going to sell our best players.

For me life is far too short to get angry about things that haven't happened, most of us probably get enough disappointments in life without worrying about stuff that could potentially happen.

I just don't see the point in always expecting the worst. It actually depresses me trying to comprehend some peoples mindset when they are constantly believing the negatives whilst instantly dismissing positives. I don't think I could continue following football with some peoples approaches to everything.

Deal with the shite when it comes, enjoy the positives while you can.

Wasn't that the reasoning behind selling the stadium naming rather than shirt sponsorship?

They're all lies anyway so the point is moot.

That's the reason I mentioned it to be honest.  Sports Direct owe us a fucking player by what they were saying when they gave the rights away 'as a holding spot' for six months.

Yeah fucking right.

That's only Sunderland and even then it's up for massive debate as it was never (IIRC) formally announced as that.

Virgin were paying not that much shy of what could be expected IMO.

Didn't Virgin just take over the existing Northern Rock deal as it already was re: payment? I didn't pay much attention at the time, but I recall reading something like that. Probably wrong though.