St James' Park

Dave

The Muslim Council of Britain can cock off. What a load of old bollocks. :lol:

What they are saying is true though: As a Muslim myself I certainly won't be buying the top with Wonga on it!

Between Brown Ale & Northern Rock, then Virgin Money i'm assuming you've not had many shirts?

I have a plain B&W Nufc top which from my point avoids any issues

Fair play man.  :thup:

There's no issue with us buying Northern Rock tops or Virgin Money IMO. Morally and ethically what Wonga do is wrong (charging inflated prices). It's all a matter of perception........

as much as i dislike the company you could argue that at least they do it upfront, everyone knows, then look at the lkes of northern rock who would sell on their their poorly packaged mortgages to pension funds etc, charge massivly for going overdrawn, sell PPI that wasn't worth the ink it was signed with. the entire industry is f***ed up and is screwing the world over. even islamic mortgages, basically, are mostly a slight of hand to get round the wording of things.

Why has the British Muslim Council not taken concern with previous sponsorships? Betting companies, alcohol producers, companies like Standard Chartered?

Did they advise all their muslim players to refuse to play in the Carling Cup last season?

Morally and etichally do you approve of what Wonga do?

No. But it's legal.

Why has the British Muslim Council not taken concern with previous sponsorships? Betting companies, alcohol producers, companies like Standard Chartered?

Did they advise all their muslim players to refuse to play in the Carling Cup last season?

The British Muslim Council is part of the anti-Newcastle conspiracy!!!  :frantic:

No. But it's legal.

What's legal and what's morally and ethically wrong had a different meaning in Islam. It's legal for you to drink at 18 but as a Muslim does that mean you have to?

or indeed, the BARCLAYS premier league.

What they are saying is true though: As a Muslim myself I certainly won't be buying the top with Wonga on it!

What they are saying is true in reflecting their particular laws (though it's a joke that the journalists only start fishing for quotes over this particular deal), but the old bollocks I take issue with is the hard and fast rule they are holding onto in the first place.

These kinds of short term, high risk loans fill a gap that has only appeared fairly recently and has a lot to do with the speed with which transfers and transactions can be done now. To apply this long standing Muslim law to it as a practice seems to me inflexible, verging on the absurd.

What they are saying is true in reflecting their particular laws (though it's a joke that the journalists only start fishing for quotes over this particular deal), but the old bollocks I take issue with is the hard and fast rule they are holding onto in the first place.

These kinds of short term, high risk loans fill a gap that has only appeared fairly recently and has a lot to do with the speed with which transfers and transactions can be done now. To apply this long standing Muslim law to it as a practice seems to me inflexible, verging on the absurd.

Islam is all about perception: if you believe strongly that something is wrong then don't buy it. if you don't have an issue then don't buy it. Quite simple really...........

Life is all about perception: if you believe strongly that something is wrong then font but it: if you don't have an issue then don't buy it. Quite simple really...........

FYP.

But surely to a Muslim having Northern Rock/Virgin Money on their shirt would also be seen as wrong.  All three names are of companies that base their entire business on interest.

Guest Mackem Logic

Heard on the radio this morning that the leader of the city council is asking for a meeting with Ashley & Llambias to ask that they donate some of the sponsorship money to a debt councelling service.... :spit:

So if they agreed (which I know is highly unlikely), will the council then give this deal their blessing then??  :rolleyes:

Islam is all about perception: if you believe strongly that something is wrong then don't buy it. if you don't have an issue then don't buy it. Quite simple really...........

I wish that was the case and it was all down to individual perception (like your good self when wearing a plain Newcastle top by choice, got a few Toff tops myself  :D), and that the religious law was open enough to interpretation to not get tripped up by new forms of business a few hundred years later.

However, what we have here is the Muslim Council wading in and effectively telling a number of our players not to wear our shirt before they get a chance to form their own minds. And, forgive me, but that kinda grinds my gears.

Guest Mackem Logic

I wonder if the Muslim Council of Scotland got in touch with this fella, back in 2011...

http://www.rangersrumours.co.uk/images/el-hadji-diouf-image-2-882480649.jpg

Or is alcohol advertising ok?

Seriously though, does Wonga force people to borrow at such high interest rates? Wonga isn't for the penniless. It's for those who need a quick advance just before their wage comes in.

I wish that was the case and it was all down to individual perception (like your good self when wearing a plain Newcastle top by choice, got a few Toff tops myself  :D), and that the religious law was open enough to interpretation to not get tripped up by new forms of business a few hundred years later.

However, what we have here is the Muslim Council wading in and effectively telling a number of our players not to wear our s*** before they gets a chance to form their own minds. And, forgive me, but that kinda grinds my gears.

:thup:

Seriously though, does Wonga force people to borrow at such high interest rates? Wonga isn't for the penniless. It's for those who need a quick advance just before their wage comes in.

it should be, in truth it's for anyone, if it wasn't they'd be a lot more thorough on checking who it loans to.