Classy

Dave

I think some are just so desperate for things to go well (I am a little bit like that) that they will try and see the best in everything, no particular agenda other than a really passionate hoping for the best.

You definitely get the contrary sort that just seem to go against popular opinion for the sake of it/because they think they are more intelligent than the majority.

Similarly, you've got the 'soopafans' who always know what is best for the club and they made their minds up a long time ago that it wasn't MA - so no matter what decisions are made by the club, they complain bitterly and any other opinion is WUMmery/attention seeking/sycophantic behaviour.

It seems if you're not known for a militant stance against the owner, you're an apologist :doh:

I don't think there is a single person here that is defending his conduct.

I've seen at least 3 people doing that.

id guess Stu? baggio are two of em?

link?

Not a chance in hell that a Newcastle fan has sat on these for a month.

More the Journo sat on them until something happened (stadium renaming was fine timing) with club.

He says he's had them since Tuesday.

How come this video/audio recording hasn't found its way onto t'internet by now? Why does no-one (who was there, or knew the 'student' who was there) seem to have mentioned any of this in the month since? It's all a bit odd...

Great link, but how does that defend Llambias' supposed comments?

:doh: :lol:

Guest bimpy474

would be an interesting psychological study to see why they're so hell-bent on doing that. i suspect it's got something to do with the sycophant's slimy and pathetic need to associate themselves with those in power, as well as a general desire to paint themselves as standing apart from the rest of society, brave contrarians holding back the barbarian hordes, even when they're nothing of the sort outside this virtual forum.

I was actually thinking about this this afternoon, I got it down to either, Age (only started following the game for last 2 seasons), attention seeking (negative attention better than none), WUM/Troll, or just plain old ignorant argumentative cunts.

Or they just have a different point of view ?, aren't mental and just think that Ashley is doing the right things.......not that i agree with it, just saying.

Forgot to say, a type of 'battered wife syndrome'

Ashley is doing the right things.....Ashley IS doing the right things.....Ashley IS doing the RIGHT things, nope cant get my head around that

Doing the right things is wrong actually, more like doing the odd thing right, youth team is doing well now, wanted us to be like Arsenal in that respect didn't he, its come along nicely in the last couple of seasons, errrrr..................thats all i can think of.

Actually, having read johnnypd's post above, it could also very well be a media trick trying to find anything to derail our season. :undecided:

Llambias should come out and defend himself by denying the story if that's the case.

Yeah....

Guest bimpy474

I think some are just so desperate for things to go well (I am a little bit like that) that they will try and see the best in everything, no particular agenda other than a really passionate hoping for the best.

You definitely get the contrary sort that just seem to go against popular opinion for the sake of it/because they think they are more intelligent than the majority.

Similarly, you've got the 'soopafans' who always know what is best for the club and they made their minds up a long time ago that it wasn't MA - so no matter what decisions are made by the club, they complain bitterly and any other opinion is WUMmery/attention seeking/sycophantic behaviour.

It seems if you're not known for a militant stance against the owner, you're an apologist :doh:

Agree with this  :snod:

You Ashley bumholer  :laugh:

the populist's views of the one's with contrary opinions are now regarded as people who think they are more intelligent? lol

or is it the ones that simply cannot see another viewpoint (being blinded by hatred), regard themselves as less intelligent?

we all know ashley and llambias are no angels,  but you don't need angels to bring success, i worked for companies in the past with some of the filthiest management and bosses, but they were extremely good at what they did, did not mean i had to like them. 

problem with football fans these days, they still have the same mindset of children in regards to their favourite passion or toy, which is football.  the perfect utopia of their club, but im afraid that doesn't exist and completely unrealistic,  the game is a business , accept it.

this carry-on of "llambias ashley cockney scums filth" is getting very tiring and embarrassing.  we need to grow up.

the populist's views of the one's with contrary opinions are now regarded as people who think they are more intelligent? lol

or is it the ones that simply cannot see another viewpoint (being blinded by hatred), regard themselves as less intelligent?

we all know ashley and llambias are no angels,  but you don't need angels to bring success, i worked for companies in the past with some of the filthiest management and bosses, but they were extremely good at what they did, did not mean i had to like them. 

problem with football fans these days, they still have the same mindset of children in regards to their favourite passion or toy, which is football.  the perfect utopia of their club, but im afraid that doesn't exist and completely unrealistic,  the game is a business , accept it.

I think you need to read my post again and take each point in context.

Guest bimpy474

problem with football fans these days, they still have the same mindset of children in regards to their favourite passion or toy, which is football.  the perfect utopia of their club, but im afraid that doesn't exist and completely unrealistic, the game is a business , accept it.

:sadnod:

Doubt anybody would dare print owt about these twants unless it were true.

Why not? Plenty of reasons to want to throw mud.

I think they would be on it shit hot? / pretty sensitive to adverse publicity.

edit- has this story been published? my bad if not.

Didn't they say something about not responding to rumours and accusations in the press as they didn't want to give weight to the stories?

Not advocating it as the best tactic - given the already low opinion of them by the vast majority of supporters - but it's their choice.

Didn't they say something about not responding to rumours and accusations in the press as they didn't want to give weight to the stories?

Not advocating it as the best tactic - given the already low opinion of them by the vast majority of supporters - but it's their choice.

so people can make owt up about them and get away with it- canny.

Aye, there was a poster in this thread who accused me of defending what Llambias has allegedly said, when I asked him to back it up with a link or quote to substantiate his claim, he quoted a post of mine questioning why this story hadn't come to light in the weeks since it apparently took place. When I queried that with him, he simply ignored it an moved the conversation on.

Can't think how journalists could do a similar thing.

I think they would be on it s*** hot? / pretty sensitive to adverse publicity.

Think they were on about transfer rumours when they first said that.

Think they were on about transfer rumours when they first said that.

That's what I recall too. 

Aye, there was a poster in this thread who accused me of defending what Llambias has allegedly said, when I asked him to back it up with a link or quote to substantiate his claim, he quoted a post of mine questioning why this story hadn't come to light in the weeks since it apparently took place. When I queried that with him, he simply ignored it an moved the conversation on.

when you were questioning why the story hadnt come to light, were you suggesting it was not true? are you not generally on the defensive side of the club leadership.?I think is what the poster in question was getting at. Also- it wasnt  hostile, more intended as banter- but take it seriously if you prefer.

when you were questioning why the story hadnt come to light, were you suggesting it was not true? are you not generally on the defensive side of the club leadership.?I think is what the poster in question was getting at. Also- it wasnt  hostile, more intended as banter- but take it seriously if you prefer.

Not really, I'm just not as militant as the majority appear to be, I think they've done good and bad things - but the majority of the bad things have been superficial yet emotive, while a lot of their positive decisions have been fundamental or structural which get glossed over, ignored or justified with the "only done it to sell the club/cut costs" tag.

The banter would have been good if you'd dropped a safety wink, or at least not tried to justify it later on with an unsupportive quote ;)

Not really, I'm just not as militant as the majority appear to be, I think they've done good and bad things - but the majority of the bad things have been superficial yet emotive, while a lot of their positive decisions have been fundamental or structural which get glossed over, ignored or justified with the "only done it to sell the club/cut costs" tag.

The banter would have been good if you'd dropped a safety wink, or at least not tried to justify it later on with an unsupportive quote ;)

fair dos- but I just found it irresistable when I found your post asking for a link and immediately below what I thought was a defensive post-the point I was getting at, I only ever said If 3 people were defending him- id guess two of em- jokingly like.

Spot on. About sums up my position.

would be an interesting psychological study to see why they're so hell-bent on doing that. i suspect it's got something to do with the sycophant's slimy and pathetic need to associate themselves with those in power, as well as a general desire to paint themselves as standing apart from the rest of society, brave contrarians holding back the barbarian hordes, even when they're nothing of the sort outside this virtual forum.

I was actually thinking about this this afternoon, I got it down to either, Age (only started following the game for last 2 seasons), attention seeking (negative attention better than none), WUM/Troll, or just plain old ignorant argumentative cunts.

It's just confirmation bias, really- and an inability to change a mind. We all do it to a degree.

Guest Heneage

Well summed up, an opinion I tend to agree with.

Guest thenorthumbrian

There are comanies who are known to employ people to come onto forums to promote the interests of their employers.

I would not at all be surprised if some people on here who defend the indefensible decisions and behaviour of Ashley/Llambias or at least try and delflect the argument away from them.

If you are one of these people hang your heads in shame, you are worthless.