Classy

Dave

Are we really debating if Keegan can handle the pressure?! :lol:

After his outburst when Fergie was winding him up and resigning from the England managers job while hiding in the toilets after a game it should be self explanatory.

Shearer was also a complete joke as manager, joking and waving with the Liverpool fans while we were going down.

Carroll was never worth £35 million which is pretty clear now.

Harsh on Hughton but you can picture him being indecisive and a bit of a yes man, not his fault he's the quiet type.

However things like this shouldn't be said in public by someone so high up in the club, he should keep a lid on it in future.

Whether Keegan can handle pressure or not is irrelevant as that wasn't why he left the club, it's just Llambias try to belittle him in public.

Keegan left the club because he wasn’t allowed to manage the club, it had nothing to do with pressure and everything to do with a scrote trying to deflect the blame for his part in the whole episode.

You really couldn't make up the Newcastle script

By Brian McNally in Mirror Football Blog

Published 23:15 12/11/11

You Really Couldn’t Make It Up was a satirical stage swipe at Mike Ashley’s ­controversial stewardship of Newcastle United.

The play resonated with the Geordie Nation.

It depicted the turmoil of the shock Kevin Keegan departure in September 2008 and the bitter aftermath that culminated in needless relegation.

The play was part fact and part fiction but the writers, even in their wildest fantasies, couldn’t have dreamt up the crazy script that passes for reality at ­Newcastle these days. Third place in the Premier League — but all the euphoria evaporates with the stadium naming shambles.

Selling star striker Andy Carroll for £35m in January, just 48 hours after they ­insisted he was not for sale, perfectly captures the ­unpredictability and maverick nature of the regime.

It was a brilliant piece of salesmanship by Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias to persuade Liverpool to make Carroll the most expensive English footballer in history, when his sum total of Premier League goals was 14.

Even their sternest critics conceded it was superb business, but they blew a burgeoning cloud of goodwill by not spending some of the cash on a ­quality ­replacement.

Ashley and Llambias ­genuinely don’t give a damn what anyone thinks about them, be it fans, journalists, players or rival directors.

Llambias and his boss shun media interviews, but our exclusive on the ­Llambias blast at legends Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan provides a telling insight into a defiant and confrontational mindset.

Ashley’s re-branding of Newcastle’s hallowed ground was yet another two-fingered ­salute to ­public opinion. Former chairman Freddy Shepherd echoed the cynicism of many Geordies over the St. James’ Park row when he mischeviously suggested- “Why don’t they go the whole way and change the name of the club itself.”

Maybe Shepherd believes Sports Direct United is too far-fetched for even Ashley and Llambias to make up.

But their track record in football proves beyond doubt — they really could!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Brian-McNally-You-really-couldn-t-make-up-the-Newcastle-script-article829803.html

Sorry if :giggs:

Only read the first page but as someone said on that, if this happened with a group of fans would this not have been on twitter/forums etc.. when it actually happened?

Not that I don't think for one second that Llambias is a cunt, something doesn't sit right with the articles. Artistic journalism at a time when fans (more than usual) will happily accept anything bad said about the man.

:dontknow:

For the record, last night I asked McNally where this supposedly took place. Shark Bar, after the Spurs game (so before the renaming shit). Says he was made aware of it this Tuesday.

So nearly a month ago and it hasn't come out until now  :undecided:

For the record, last night I asked McNally where this supposedly took place. Shark Bar, after the Spurs game (so before the renaming shit). Says he was made aware of it this Tuesday.

Fair point. :thup: Read this thread drunk last night at 4am and was getting so irate, like. :lol:

Fair point. :thup: Read this thread drunk last night at 4am and was getting so irate, like. :lol:

I haven't read other than the first page but given it's 13 pages since last night I can guess there has been a fair bit of vitriol.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me for him to come out with comments like this but the articles don't really add up to me.

Did he find the only group of Newcastle supporters with no friends and no access to the internet? Nile Ranger farts and doesn't say sorry it's on twitter within 3 minutes. Llambias says all that and it takes a month for one of those in attendance to think 'hang on, I think I will tell a journalist about this!'  ???

I haven't read other than the first page but given it's 13 pages since last night I can guess there has been a fair bit of vitriol.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me for him to come out with comments like this but the articles don't really add up to me.

Did he find the only group of Newcastle supporters with no friends and no access to the internet? Nile Ranger farts and doesn't say sorry it's on twitter within 3 minutes. Llambias says all that and it takes a month for one of those in attendance to think 'hang on, I think I will tell a journalist about this!'  ???

McNally claims that he's got tapes and gave the club the opportunity to comment, which they declined.  If it’s true that McNally only found out on Tuesday then he’s brought them to print on the first Sunday that he’d had them.

McNally claims that he's got tapes and gave the club the opportunity to comment, which they declined.  If it’s true that McNally only found out on Tuesday then he’s brought them to print on the first Sunday that he’d had them.

Makes more sense :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Not a chance in hell that a Newcastle fan has sat on these for a month.

More the Journo sat on them until something happened (stadium renaming was fine timing) with club.

what I would like to know is the context for these comments, he hardly just came out with them randomly

and really how has no hint at all of this story leaked out before now, the Spurs match was nearly a month ago and presumably more than one person heard them as it was in a bar, surely someone might have mentioned it before now

More the Journo sat on them until something happened (stadium renaming was fine timing) with club.

He says he's had them since Tuesday.

I'm assuming the fan who recorded it thought it wouldn't be wise to say anything considering we were doing well on the pitch. He probably also though that any negative press would be a detriment to the team? :dontknow:

Guest bimpy474

He says he's had them since Tuesday.

I know but it wouldn't be the first time that a Journo has lied, tbf 99% of their stories are made up bullshit.