Classy

Dave

Guest thenorthumbrian

I think they would have to hire quite a work force :lol:

They have quite a workforce, and a few useful fools who will defend them no matter what.

Not really, I'm just not as militant as the majority appear to be, I think they've done good and bad things - but the majority of the bad things have been superficial yet emotive, while a lot of their positive decisions have been fundamental or structural which get glossed over, ignored or justified with the "only done it to sell the club/cut costs" tag.

The banter would have been good if you'd dropped a safety wink, or at least not tried to justify it later on with an unsupportive quote ;)

I know this is digging up old bones, but i've struggled to really ascertain where you're at with the board, Stu. To pluck out one of their many horrendous decisions: slinging Keegan and Wise into a melting pot. Would you class that as a 'superficial and emotive error'? Or, like me and many others, would you rank it as one of the worst decisions in the club's history? And, in my lifetime, probably the single worst?

You say some fans gloss over the good things they have done. I can admit to that. But i'm genuinely interested to know if you're surprised by that, or if you can even understand why.

My immediate reaction to anything the board do well is: "well, it's the least they can do." The sentimental heartache caused, the attempts to diminish the club's heritage, and the potentially catastrophic relegation... all those things leave them forever in our debt as far as i am concerned. And i am sure it's the same for many others. So until they bring us genuine success (and by that i mean surpassing the Bobby era and bringing us silverware), any positive move will be met with cautious approval at best. We might be third and stable now, but they haven't even began the U-turn for me to start lavishing them with praise, or forgiving them for incidents such as this one.

I haven't followed the thread all the way through, this is directed more at you and your stance on the board. Because i think defining your stance towards them as "less militant" doesn't quite cut it. You seem quick to pick people out who speak out against the board simply cos they "made their mind up ages ago". Well, there's more to it than that.

Interested to hear your response.

Not really, I'm just not as militant as the majority appear to be, I think they've done good and bad things - but the majority of the bad things have been superficial yet emotive, while a lot of their positive decisions have been fundamental or structural which get glossed over, ignored or justified with the "only done it to sell the club/cut costs" tag.

The banter would have been good if you'd dropped a safety wink, or at least not tried to justify it later on with an unsupportive quote ;)

I know this is digging up old bones, but i've struggled to really ascertain where you're at with the board, Stu. To pluck out one of their many horrendous decisions: slinging Keegan and Wise into a melting pot. Would you class that as a 'superficial and emotive error'? Or, like me and many others, would you rank it as one of the worst decisions in the club's history? And, in my lifetime, probably the single worst?

You say some fans gloss over the good things they have done. I can admit to that. But i'm genuinely interested to know if you're surprised by that, or if you can even understand why.

My immediate reaction to anything the board do well is: "well, it's the least they can do." The sentimental heartache caused, the attempts to diminish the club's heritage, and the potentially catastrophic relegation... all those things leave them forever in our debt as far as i am concerned. And i am sure it's the same for many others. So until they bring us genuine success (and by that i mean surpassing the Bobby era and bringing us silverware), any positive move will be met with cautious approval at best. We might be third and stable now, but they haven't even began the U-turn for me to start lavishing them with praise, or forgiving them for incidents such as this one.

I haven't followed the thread all the way through, this is directed more at you and your stance on the board. Because i think defining your stance towards them as "less militant" doesn't quite cut it. You seem quick to pick people out who speak out against the board simply cos they "made their mind up ages ago". Well, there's more to it than that.

Interested to hear your response.

I know not directed at me but....

I think there are fans who are just that, they want to enjoy 90 minutes each weekend and maybe the transfer gossip - nothing else matters to them

There are also fans (of which I'm one) who want to enjoy the football, but also appreciate the business side of football

(neithers wrong - just a distinction)

I personally can detatch myself from the passion of the first set of fans and appreciate the sense in some decisions - naming the stadium, appointing a DoF to support a damn fine coach etc, and this is why I don't get so caught up in the anti MA hysteria. That's not to say I can't see the poor execution of these decisions, but it does mean I'm not going to slate someone for doing something that in theory makes sense from a business perspective.

To be honest I cringe at the reactions of some about some decisions, but people are wired differently and if thats the level of passion they bring to supporting then great - can't have a go at someone for that. It would be nice however for some people (not confined to this board) to think through things from a non-supporters eyes before venting their frustrations at the ground, whilst no one could say that the post KK demos took us down, it's also fair to say that it had an effect on the Hull result. It would be a crying shame if the supporters actions against this weeks events impacted our good start in any negative way.

On the plus side this bad publicity and loose cannon approach from the CEO is going to have sponsors knocking down the door to get their hands on the stadium deal.

You going out celebrating when we turn a profit Colo's...? It'll be proud day after all.

Build 'em up, knock 'em down.

First chink in the armour was the name change and now this. Why can't they just leave things alone ffs. :lol:

Think due to the relative sucess on the pitch people forgot there was a battle of wills still going on. You know the dismantling of the myths KK and Shearer..The tacky logos...The endless stream of horshit and lies...That silly grin....

First chink in the armour was the name change and now this. Why can't they just leave things alone ffs. :lol:

Think due to the relative sucess on the pitch people forgot there was a battle of wills still going on. You know the dismantling of the myths KK and Shearer..The tacky logos...The endless stream of horshit and lies...That silly grin....

It's funny how it all seemed to die down though. The good results created a feelgood factor around the ground,  the season ticket deal was popular, the ground filled up, the good results continued, the training day was popular.......... then BAM - we're changing the name of the ground - fuck you all. BAM - we think Shearer, Keegan and Hughton are all cunts and Carroll's dogshit. Fuck you all.

And we've got City away next weekend.

You couldn't make it up man. :lol:

I find it quite sweet in a fucked up way how jealous they are of Shearer and Keggy. They've tried to debunk them at every opportunity and still they can't win and the pair come up smelling of roses compared to these two shit cunts, it obviously grates massively.

It's funny how it all seemed to die down though. The good results created a feelgood factor around the ground,  the season ticket deal was popular, the ground filled up, the good results continued, the training day was popular.......... then BAM - we're changing the name of the ground - fuck you all. BAM - we think Shearer, Keegan and Hughton are all cunts and Carroll's dogshit. Fuck you all.

Depressing when you put it like that.

:lol: Tarantino would be hard pushed to come up with this shit.

Then Bam, Bam, Bam..... reality hits you hard bro!

:)

Yeah but we're gonna win at City.

:lol: Tarantino would be hard pushed to come up with this shit.

Can he play CH?

It's funny how it all seemed to die down though. The good results created a feelgood factor around the ground,  the season ticket deal was popular, the ground filled up, the good results continued, the training day was popular.......... then BAM - we're changing the name of the ground - f*** you all. BAM - we think Shearer, Keegan and Hughton are all c***s and Carroll's dogshit. f*** you all.

That's what I can't work out, the only conclusion I can reach is that they are as shocked as we are at the start we have made and have used it an opportunity to do the shit they wanted to do instead of realising that opinion was thawing and they could have done something special.

Time will tell if the performances continue on the pitch and Pardew continues to defy the odds and inspire his squad but if he does it's with no help from above. We could be the first team to have an internal siege mentality as opposed to an external one.

It's frustrating that so many of you seem to act like mother hens fussing over their precious chicks, whenever Keegan or Shearer get criticised.

They're human beings with flaws just like the rest of us.

Actually enraged by this. If you're referring to the quotes in the opening post, you're crazy to think that they're a 'criticism'.

It's frustrating that so many of you seem to act like mother hens fussing over their precious chicks, whenever Keegan or Shearer get criticised.

Actually enraged by this. If you're referring to the quotes in the opening post, you're crazy to think that they're a 'criticism'.

:lol: I think you've just proved my point. Lighten up.

:lol: I think you've just proved my point. Lighten up.

They're not 'criticisms', they're slandering a club/regional/sporting treasure off the back of doing thoroughly naff things to our football club. People will get pissed off, with good reason; you need to get off your high horse tbh.

I'll stick my neck out here and say I'm far more annoyed by the sheer unprofessionalism and cuntishness of Llambias as opposed to the actual content of what he said. He's got no business running a football club if that's how he's going to shoot his mouth off.