Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

We will miss Jonas hugely, am concerned for this one tbh

Agreed, especially as we've shown we can compete without Tiote. I still think the likes of Sammy can unsettle their defence with mazy runs and he'll run all day so should guve Raylor decent cover if he starts. If it's going tits up early on with Sammy he may change things with a safer option but I can't see why it would be that bad.

Can see the likes of Best or certainly Ameobi coming on. Ameobi seems to do really well coming on in games likes these as showed in the Spurs match.

We will miss Jonas hugely, am concerned for this one tbh

What this bloke said.

Some people are too confident about this.

The considerable debate and uncertainty about how to set up the team without him kind of proves how important Jonas is to our team.

I'm sure this will have been the primary consideration for Pardew and his staff this week.

It'd be a frustrating loss, especially with our current form compared to theirs. We should be able to get a draw at the least, but wouldn't be too shocked by a Chelsea with a point to prove win this, I remain optimistic though. I'm worried about us on the left, if Pardew goes Raylor and Sammy, there'd be joy to be found by them hitting us on that flank.

Guest ykmkmdd

They'll be OK - might get past Raylor and Sammy once or twice, but if they do they'll just be met by:

http://img.skysports.com/08/09/218x298/Fabricio-Coloccini-Newcastle_1172170.jpg

Prediction: Lovenkrands starts.

I'd be sick to my stomach if that happened. Don't think it will, Ba, Ben Arfa behind. Obertan right, Guthrie and Cabaye central with Sammy on the left. Best will come on in the 72nd minute. Feel like it's going to be massively open which could be a good or bad thing. We'll definitely get chances but I reckon with it being open, they'll get at our fullbacks, especially Raylor. Think I'll go for an optimistic 3-2