Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

Seeing as how the media are portraying Chelsea as in a crisis, if we beat them, does that mean it doesn't count for them? Because obviously the only good teams we've played are the two Manchester ones.

It's not really a test for us, they practically Wigan atm. That's what it'll sound like afterwards.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Taylor

Oba Guthrie Cabaye Sammy

HBA

Ba

Im pretty certain this will be the team Pardew plays.

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Taylor

Oba Guthrie Cabaye Sammy

HBA

Ba

Im pretty certain this will be the team Pardew plays.

Yeah probably is.

Really not confident about this now. All this Chelsea are the new Wigan and the whole emotion pre match i cant help but see a 0-2 or 1-2 scoreline. It all depends on what the Wolves result did for them, not sure the cup loss is too relevant given his selection but a bit of confidence could do wonders for them. :(

Guest Roger Kint

not sure I'd start Sammy personally

Same here but he did at Citeh so he must be next in line on the flanks based on that.

Seeing as how the media are portraying Chelsea as in a crisis, if we beat them, does that mean it doesn't count for them? Because obviously the only good teams we've played are the two Manchester ones.

That's certainly what they've been hinting at. Asking Pardew whether fans should expect to win tomorrow because of how "bad" Chelsea are atm and bollocks like that.

Krul

Simpson        Saylor            Coloccini    Raylor

Obertan        Guthrie          Cabaye      Ba

HBA

Best

krul

simpson    guthrie  cabaye  ben arfa

best      ba

when pardew said about not playing ben arfa out wide i don't think he meant "under any circumstances"

krul

simpson    guthrie  cabaye  ben arfa

best      ba

when pardew said about not playing ben arfa out wide i don't think he meant "under any circumstances"

Not sure about Guthrie and Cabaye at center back tbh, but I'll reserve my judgement till after the match.

don't know what happened there. what i meant to post (and fairly sure i typed out) was

krul

simpson colo saylor  raylor

obertan  cabaye  guthrie  ben arfa

ba  best

I like that team too, only thing that worries me is Raylor at fullback with Ben Arfa infront of him.

whats the options and it's not like chelsea play a 4-4-2. sturridge plays out that way and doesn't look to get too wide. could even give ben arfa more room.

I like that team too, only thing that worries me is Raylor at fullback with Ben Arfa infront of him.

whats the options and it's not like chelsea play a 4-4-2. sturridge plays out that way and doesn't look to get too wide. could even give ben arfa more room.

If Sturridge consistently cuts in on to his left foot (as he did vs Bolton) having a right-footed Raylor at RB might be helpful. Well, if he were able to react quickly enough to do anything about it, it would be helpful.

As it is, it's just exasperating. ;)

I'd play the same team as against Man U but with Ryan Taylor taking over from Jonas and I'd stick Santon in his place in defence.

Makes more sense to leave Taylor because:

1.He'll be playing in the same back four we've had all season

2.Santon is better going forward.

I'd play the same team as against Man U but with Ryan Taylor taking over from Jonas and I'd stick Santon in his place in defence.

Would have to agree. If Best's fit I still think there's a possibility we will see HBA played wide, just in this case as we have so few options.

Guest tunisia

it would be nice to have Best, Ba in attack and Ben Arfa behind.

Best brings the fighting, Ba expediency and efficiency. Ben Arfa and technique. all three together should be attempted even against Chelsea

Keeping the same back 4 for the sake of it makes no sense, if Taylor is left back then I can see Sturridge having a field day against him.  Stick Santon in and then Chelsea have to try something different because I'm sure they will target Taylor as being a weakness.

Keeping the same back 4 for the sake of it makes no sense, if Taylor is left back then I can see Sturridge having a field day against him.  Stick Santon in and then Chelsea have to try something different because I'm sure they will target Taylor as being a weakness.

I'd rather have Santon in for Taylor, but I wouldn't play Taylor left wing.

My ideal choice would be HBA with Best returning, then Sammy if not.