Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

Makes more sense to leave Taylor because:

1.He'll be playing in the same back four we've had all season

2.Santon is better going forward.

Keeping the same back 4 for the sake of it makes no sense, if Taylor is left back then I can see Sturridge having a field day against him.  Stick Santon in and then Chelsea have to try something different because I'm sure they will target Taylor as being a weakness.

but its still one of the best defences in the league after playing city and man u...so it does make some sense to leave it really

I'd like to see Santon in the jonas role for this one, still expecting sammy though

Krul

Simpson - S Taylor - Coloccini - R Taylor

Obertan - Cabaye - Guthrie - Santon

Ben Arfa

Ba

Harper, Perch, Gosling, Vuckic, Sammy, Shola, Best

Would be my pick.  By some accounts Santon has been quality going forward in reserve games and could offer protection to R Taylor in the abence of Jonas.  Don't think his introduction would disrupt the team so much as opposed to playing Sammy who is more attacking.  I didn't see the 90 of Man City though so I may be wrong.

I would have Ben Arfa over Best, as I assume Best won't have trained all week so Ben Arfa should be sharper.  If things aren't going well then get Best on alongside Ba for at least half an hour.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Would very much like to see Ferguson get the LW role over Sammy. As much as I love Sammy, I think he would be a liability defensively, especially since Sturridge has been on a good run and will most like be playing on the right.

Alright, enough of this Sunderland manager and Euro 2012 dogshit, let's get back to the business of defying Premiership odds/pundits!

Going to temper my initial 3-1 rampage prediction and say a nervy 2-1.

Guest Roger Kint

Would be superb if Chelsea scored early against Valencia and absolutely battered them, only to concede in injury time.

After another Tom Henning Ovrebo esque refereeing performance