Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

Newcastle or draw is basically even money.  Fucking hell.

i dont gamble- nor understand the +1 stuff etc. but i would chuck a grand on that like.

Newcastle +1 is the same bet as Newcastle or draw I think, just means we'll win if given a one goal head start.

Can get 5/6 on Paddy Power.  Don't normally put much on singles but might make an exception.

When did we last lose to Chelsea at home?

Blues @ SJP - Premier League era:

2010/11 Drew 1-1 Carroll

2008/09 Lost 0-2

2007/08 Lost 0-2

2006/07 Drew 0-0

2006/07 Lost 0-1 (LC)

2005/06 Won 1-0 Bramble

2004/05 Won 1-0 Kluivert (FAC)

2004/05 Lost 0-2 (LC)

2004/05 Drew 1-1 og(Geremi)

2003/04 Won 2-1 Ameobi, Shearer

2002/03 Won 2-1 og(Hasselbaink) Bernard

2001/02 Lost 1-2 Shearer

2000/01 Drew 0-0

1999/00 Lost 0-1

1998/99 Lost 0-1

1997/98 Won 3-1 Dabizas, Lee, Speed

1996/97 Won 3-1 Shearer 2, Asprilla

1995/96 Won 2-0 Ferdinand 2

1995/96 Drew 2-2 Albert, Beardsley (FAC) (lost on pens)

1994/95 Won 4-2 Cole 2, Fox, Lee

1993/94 Drew 0-0

Krul

Simpson    Saylor  Colo    Raylor

Cabaye  Guthrie  Tiote

Ba                            Ben Arfa

Best

something like this might give the fullbacks protection and have all our best attacking players there too?

I think its safe to say we all know what Pards will really do.

Tiote in for Guthrie if he is back fit

Obertan will start wide right

HBA up top with Ba

Raylor at LB with Sammy infront of him.

you're probably right but i reckon if you're gonna have Sammy left that team can be seriously upgraded with HBA left and Best up top with Ba

I'd bring Sammy in for Jonas and Santon in for Raylor. I love Sammy but he's not yet at the stage where he can get back and defend like Jonas, so if we stick with Raylor I can see us getting torn a new'un down the left.

He's not really at the stage where he can do much to be honest, and I'm all for giving youngsters a chance but not this weekend imo.

I'd bring Sammy in for Jonas and Santon in for Raylor. I love Sammy but he's not yet at the stage where he can get back and defend like Jonas, so if we stick with Raylor I can see us getting torn a new'un down the left.

He's not really at the stage where he can do much to be honest, and I'm all for giving youngsters a chance but not this weekend imo.

We started him against City and he didn't too bad at all. I'm reluctant to start moving HBA around too because he's the type of player that'll cause Terry problems and with every passing game he's looking more of a threat. No need to break up him and Ba.

Krul

Simpson  Saylor  Colo  Raylor

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Guthrie  Santon

Ba        Best

:thup:

Can't see Pardew starting Sammy on LW, knowing the defensive job that Jonas offers.  Santon is probably the next best option.

We started him against City and he didn't too bad at all. I'm reluctant to start moving HBA around too because he's the type of player that'll cause Terry problems and with every passing game he's looking more of a threat. No need to break up him and Ba.

Agree with both points,I think Ba and Ben Arfa deserve time to settle and certainly deserve games against lesser opposition. Just looking for alternatives to Sammy on the left,he's done ok but I feel like we can do better with what's available this weekend (if best's fit)

Guest bengenufc

Wonder if Ba will go for the long sleeve and no gloves option this week or maybe the long sleeve and gloves option he could even resort to the old short sleeve and gloves option .... cant wait for saturday!