Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Tribute postponed, his widow wants to be there for it.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111202/speed-tribute-rescheduled_2281670_2535244

Not sure why, but pushing it back another week after the emotional build up to it seems a shame. Of course, it's only right that we respect her wishes.

Let's take this as a big compliment. His widow has very much approved of the tribute that the club had in mind, and wishes to be a participant. Plus the Swansea supporters will be familiar with the hymn and be able to give the crowd a lead. It'll add a lot to the occasion.

Guest bimpy474

Tribute postponed, his widow wants to be there for it.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111202/speed-tribute-rescheduled_2281670_2535244

Not sure why, but pushing it back another week after the emotional build up to it seems a shame. Of course, it's only right that we respect her wishes.

Let's take this as a big compliment. His widow has very much approved of the tribute that the club had in mind, and wishes to be a participant. Plus the Swansea supporters will be familiar with the hymn and be able to give the crowd a lead. It'll add a lot to the occasion.

Spot on.

Guest bimpy474

Echo what everyone else is saying, really.

I was looking forward to it tomorrow while the emotion was still raw and it would've been mint, but I guess we should respect her wishes.

Was you planning to take a rattle and glow sticks like  :laugh:

I know what you mean though, i think when it gets to the Swansea game, as soon as starts the emotion of the occasion will take over, it'll be great day, as well as a sad one in equals measures.

We do what she wants, as simple as that, in the end two tributes will go ahead, the unofficial one tomorrow, and the official one against Swansea.

Heza, hanging, really?  :hmm:

Sorry. If it was anyone else who had done this though, I would make similar jokes as would many others. As much as I love Gary Speed and I'm gutted by this, I think hanging yourself is a cowardly act. There never is a right time to say that, and Joey Barton (I think) saying that so soon after was particularly inappropriate, especially in the public eye. I certainly wouldn't do it about cancer or something of the likes. I guess it's my (and others') way of dealing with it, by making an ocassional funny.

We do what she wants, as simple as that, in the end two tributes will go ahead, the unofficial one tomorrow, and the official one against Swansea.

Sorry. If it was anyone else who had done this though, I would make similar jokes as would many others. As much as I love Gary Speed and I'm gutted by this, I think hanging yourself is a cowardly act. There never is a right time to say that, and Joey Barton (I think) saying that so soon after was particularly inappropriate, especially in the public eye. I certainly wouldn't do it about cancer or something of the likes. I guess it's my (and others') way of dealing with it, by making an ocassional funny.

Don't say it then.

Don't say it then.

It's my opinion. More people died allowing me to have one, so tough s***.

Don't say it then.

It's my opinion, more people died allowing me to have one, so tough shit.

Fair enough - you're entitled to your opinion. Just don't think your joke was any less inappropriate than what Joey Barton said.

Don't say it then.

It's my opinion, more people died allowing me to have one, so tough s***.

Fair enough - you're entitled to your opinion. Just don't think your joke was any less inappropriate than what Joey Barton said.

Fair enough, I guess. Would it be different if it was someone we don't give a shit about though? Like Steve Bruce?