Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

We do what she wants, as simple as that, in the end two tributes will go ahead, the unofficial one tomorrow, and the official one against Swansea.

Heza, hanging, really?  :hmm:

Sorry. If it was anyone else who had done this though, I would make similar jokes as would many others. As much as I love Gary Speed and I'm gutted by this, I think hanging yourself is a cowardly act. There never is a right time to say that, and Joey Barton (I think) saying that so soon after was particularly inappropriate, especially in the public eye. I certainly wouldn't do it about cancer or something of the likes. I guess it's my (and others') way of dealing with it, by making an ocassional funny.

Don't say it then.

It's my opinion, more people died allowing me to have one, so tough s***.

Fair enough - you're entitled to your opinion. Just don't think your joke was any less inappropriate than what Joey Barton said.

Fair enough, I guess. Would it be different if it was someone we don't give a s*** about though? Like Steve Bruce?

What you said wasnt funny. Depression is an illness that is widely disregarded by ignorant people like yourself, dont criticise unless youve been there yourself. Your "joke"

was tasteless and you deserve any stick you get for it.

Glad there's not going to be a hymn. Don't think it's appropriate for a football match.

Show some humility for gods sake. Its something his widdow is very much looking forward to in an extremely hard time. Get a grip!

How do you know? ???

Glad there's not going to be a hymn. Don't think it's appropriate for a football match.

Show some humility for gods sake. Its something his widdow is very much looking forward to in an extremely hard time. Get a grip!

How do you know? ???

The club stated in a press release, it will be postponed so she can attend.

How do you know? ???

That she's looking forward to the hymn?

You're on a rampage to prove something today. Give it up.

How do you know? ???

The hymn is the major part of the memorial that she wants to attend. All im saying is to respect her wishes. Im not rampaging, just informing you that

your opinions are out of line.

This was the first song that came on my ipod when i shuffled it.

All i could think about was when the club adopted this as our Cup Final song. I was gutted listening to it and thinking about Speed :(

Always reminds me of the SBR days. Hearing that prematch was pretty much your call to get to your seats because the match was kicking off in 5 minutes.

How do you know? ???

The hymn is the major part of the memorial that she wants to attend. All im saying is to respect her wishes. Im not rampaging, just informing you that

Out of respect to the thread I'll leave it there. But you have no basis to claim that the hymn correlates with Louise Speed's wishes or that I'm wrong for expressing an opinion.

How do you know? ???

Out of respect to the thread I'll leave it there. But you have no basis to claim that the hymn correlates with Louise Speed's wishes or that I'm wrong for expressing an opinion.

Agree to leave it. RIP Gary Speed

tbh I am glad this emotional stuff isnt happening before the game vs chelsea, as i think it would be a distraction before a very important game.  Better when a lesser team is in town+ the welsh lads might be better at singing that hymn.

`Glad there's not going to be a hymn. Don't think it's appropriate for a football match.`  You mean a league game?

OR do you not approve of `Abide with me` before fa cup too?

As mentioned before, there's no comparison with Abide by Me as that isn't being sang in honour of a player who recently died. It's simply a cup final tradition and an uplifting moment rather than a somber reflection on a recent tragedy.

Guest Geordiesned

Lee Ryder's saying there will still be the minute's applause, but the singer and stuff will happen at the Swansea match.

Ah bollocks I'm away for the Swansea match. Gutted I'll miss the tribute.