Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hoping for an unchanged danish team and a 1-0 victory again. then a win for germany.....and we are through :celb:

:kasper:

That's my nightmare scenario right there..

Portugal to draw or win and us to beat the Germans and the group is wide open again.

hoping for an unchanged danish team and a 1-0 victory again. then a win for germany.....and we are through :celb:

:kasper:

That's my nightmare scenario right there..

Portugal to draw or win and us to beat the Germans and the group is wide open again.

lol. this is hell...anything can happen in this group. since 2008 (i think) we played portugal 5 times. won 3, drawn 1, lost 1. we definitely have a chance here.... fingers crossed

Holland - Germany should be a cracking game.

Cue a boring one.

Do or die tonight for us. Starting to feel the nerves.. According to Dutch media sources it looks like we could be fielding the following team:

Stekelenburg

Van der Wiel  Heitinga  Mathijssen  Willems

Sneijder  De Jong

Kuyt                  Van Persie                Robben

Huntelaar

So, no more 2 defensive midfielders (Sneijder will have license to create and go forward), Robben on the left, both Huntelaar and Van Persie on, Kuyt replaces Affelay (who isn't fully fit and to contain the thread of Lahm going forward/solidy the weakened midfield) and Mathijssen returns from injury at CB.

Should be interesting!

Edit: other sources have Kuyt replacing Affelay, Robben to the right and Mathijssen slotting back in the CB position too, but have us keeping the DCM pairing of Van Bommel and De Jong and Van Persie as the striker with Sneijder just behind. Personally hope we really go for it and go with Huntelaar instead of Van Bommel.

Thought Van Bommel was one of the better players against Denmark. Still don't rate him and think Holland would play better without him.

The breaking news here are that Germany apparantely will go into the game with the very same starting XI as against Portugal - meaning Gomez will keep his place, despite the heavy rumours of Klose starting.

Big plus for Holland, that. Klose is the more suited player for today's game.

The breaking news here are that Germany apparantely will go into the game with the very same starting XI as against Portugal - meaning Gomez will keep his place, despite the heavy rumours of Klose starting.

Before the tournament , why was Mertesacker seen as a starter in front of Hummels?

Before the tournament , why was Mertesacker seen as a starter in front on Hummels?

Experience and because Löw didn't really seem to rate Hummels because of 'lack of internation experience'. Always said Hummels had to start.

Before the tournament , why was Mertesacker seen as a starter in front on Hummels?

Experience and because Löw didn't really seem to rate Hummels because of 'lack of internation experience'. Always said Hummels had to start.

Can't possibly drop him now after that first game, although Mertesacker asking to start because he 'knows' how to deal with RVP.

He won't get dropped. Guess it'll be the same line-up. Only change could be Klose for Gomez.

Dropping the goal scorer from the first match? Far too bold a move for Joachim Löw.

We'll see. There were enough hints to suggest it'll happen. There was lots of critisism after the game for Gomez - despite the goal - anyways.

As I've already placed my bets on Holland, I'd be happy if Gomez started, though.

We'll see. There were enough hints to suggest it'll happen. There was lots of critisism after the game for Gomez - despite the goal - anyways.

As I've already placed my bets on Holland, I'd be happy if Gomez started, though.

:yikes:

Aren't you German?

Aren't you German?

Not supporting them, though. Wouldn't be sad or disappointed if they won the Euro, but more supporting England. Just can't stand the majority of the team. Would like to see Jogi winning the competition, though.

Saying that all, today's your country's day. Your guys just have to take the chances. Would be ironic but not unusual to see Robben score today.

Aren't you German?

Not supporting them, though. Wouldn't be sad or disappointed if they won the Euro, but more supporting England. Just can't stand the majority of the team. Would like to see Jogi winning the competition, though.

Saying that all, today's your country's day. Your guys just have to take the chances. Would be ironic but not unusual to see Robben score today.

Would be hilarious if he scored a pen today. Although if we somehow get a pen I hope he's nowhere near the ball when it's taken..

Aren't you German?

your country has a team full of talent and the ability to play quality football and you've chosen to support a country that still loves to mock your own for winning two world wars donkeys ago and has James sodding Milner in its first XI?

I salute you sir.