Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think the big difference between Euro's and world cup is the pace of games.  Euro's played at higher pace which therefore gives better games.

I don't it is any better. There have been a fair number of tedious matches. The one advantage, which is something that I enjoy about all intercontinental tournaments is the familiarity between the countries and the rivalries that are so rare in the World Cup.

bingo

Disappointing end to what has been a good game.

Can only assume everyone's knackered. Poland are hardly going for it that much and Russia don't look bothered at all about winning.

Guest Sophie S

They just sang the "sad mackem bastards" song. Took me a few seconds to realise they don't actually mean that.  :cheesy:

Or do they?  :shifty:

Good game overall and indicative of the tournament so far.

Thought Russia would really go for it after going 1-0 up but Poland held strong and Russia ran scared, got tired and played for a draw. Would be quite funny if Greece sneak a win and knock them out.

All credit to Poland there.

Damn, I've been saying denouement wrong for years. Thanks, Derek Rae.

Derek Rae is the best commentator you will ever see. Listening to him is an edifying experience.

:lol: You're telling me that shit like I didn't know that.

Think the big difference between Euro's and world cup is the pace of games.  Euro's played at higher pace which therefore gives better games.

I don't it is any better. There have been a fair number of tedious matches. The one advantage, which is something that I enjoy about all intercontinental tournaments is the familiarity between the countries and the rivalries that are so rare in the World Cup.

This has been far better than the World Cup. The last World Cup had no tempo whatsoever in most of the games to the point where they were almost incidentless and genuinely boring. None of the games so far in this have been anywhere near as dull.