Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This talk of Rooney coming back into the side; remember how bad he was in South Africa? :spit:

That's odd, I remember you saying he'd been pretty good before the Germany game.

That's odd. Talking s*** as usual. :thup:

Well, no. You were.

I just can't stand Greece. Euro 2004, horrible playacting, stupid fans and the whole country is a mess. Harsh, but that's how I feel. :lol:

Nah the Greek people are great, it's just their team that are rank. Not a single player worth watching in the whole side, dull football and a sprinkling of play-acting thrown in for good measure.

Might be true, it's just the image I've gotten from the media ie.  Neonazi party getting a lot of votes, massive demonstrations against cutting the costs that are ridiculous etc. Don't think I've met a Greek in my life. I apologize for my offending comments that are based on limited knowledge.  :rose:

Right wing partiess obtaining votes is fairly common in nearly all situations that involve economic harship, isn't it?

Yeah, but the Greece version seems really extreme.

Dunno like but I vividly remember Dave slating Rooney during one of the group games. Think it was the Algeria one.

He was f***ing abysmal in that game like.

Aye. He's improved in the few thousand posts since though  :bluestar:

Remember a defence of him after the Slovenia game. Apologies if I'm wrong, but I'm not.

Let's have a link then. Should be easy to find if you remember it so clearly.

Edit: fuck this. You're nowt but a wum, and obviously a pretty good one. Off on ignore you pop. :lol:

Not that it matters at all, like, but this thread/post here is most likely what I was thinking of:

Much better today and only a fabulous save prevented him opening his account for the tournament.

Not a worry really.

Stop taking things so seriously man, Dave.

He was garbage in the first two games.

Fair play Bluf, he was total wank.

Also, pretty funny to see that you were trolling in that thread too. No more bites from me, fuck off. :thup:

PS: Drogba is a cunt, Lampard is fat and shit and the person who posts next is a prick lol.

Can Holland still qualify? I thought head to head was more important than goal difference which would mean that they couldn't, however many on the Internet seem to be saying they could qualify by beating Portugal by two goals.  Too early in morning, can anyone clarify please? Ta

Can Holland still qualify? I thought head to head was more important than goal difference which would mean that they couldn't, however many on the Internet seem to be saying they could qualify by beating Portugal by two goals.  Too early in morning, can anyone clarify please? Ta

They have to beat Portugal by two goals, while Germany beat Denmark.

So goal difference overrides head to head, correct?  If not then Surely Denmark would qualify in the scenario you mention as they beat Holland last week. 

I also always thought head to head would come first. But that's the scenario that would get Holland qualified.

So goal difference overrides head to head, correct?  If not then Surely Denmark would qualify in the scenario you mention as they beat Holland last week. 

There would be 3 teams on 3 points, all beating each other once so technically the head to head records would be the same for each team

There would be 3 teams on 3 points, all beating each other once so technically the head to head records would be the same for each team

Ah, right.  :doh:

Of course, as Portugal beat Denmark, but Denmark beat Holland and if Holland beat Portugal, the head to head goes out of the window. Cheers for clarifiying that.  :thup:

Really couldn't get that. :lol: 

I think the head to head record over goal difference is a stupid rule, the scenario for tomorrow is if Croatia and Spain share a 2-2 draw or more then they both qualify regardless of what the italians do.

What's this conspiracy theory that the Russians had been offered a massive goal bonus last night, and so were all going for goal from anywhere rather than passing, thus losing them the game?