Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do wish the BBC (the clue is in the name) would stop covering the Irish so much. They are much a foreign nation as any of the others playing.

The Irish have quit a bit in common with us the rest of UK then mainland Europe.

It's not really the BBC who sank over them though, it's Sky who mainly have their games live etc and Sky have a foothold in Ireland as well.

Do wish the BBC (the clue is in the name) would stop covering the Irish so much. They are much a foreign nation as any of the others playing.

The Irish have quit a bit in common with us the rest of UK then mainland Europe.

It's not really the BBC who sank over them though, it's Sky who mainly have their games live etc and Sky have a foothold in Ireland as well.

No shit Sherlock! Just annoys me a little is all.

Welcome back by the way. Although I take it you didn't have any English lessons during your little flouncy sabbatical.

No shit Sherlock! Just annoys me a little is all.

Welcome back by the way. Although I take it you didn't have any English lessons during your little flouncy sabbatical.

I came back by accident. It was always my intention to stay on lurking on the forum and my computer signs me in automatically so when I went to delete my account then came back on just to lurk it signed me in and scrapped my account deletion request. Anyway a day or two later I forgot about the just lurking bit and made a post or two until I realised what I had done and realised the damage had been done.

Looking forward to this, as much as they're infuriating and dissapointing it's still our nation and I love a good international tournament. Don't understand why your praised for sticking by your club through the tough times but it's seen as almost 'cool' to disregard the national side.

Why they so scared of Croatia & Czech Republic?

Probably still having nightmares about this game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/3787537.stm

One of the best games i've ever seen, that one. So entertaining. Really liked the Czechs at that point, too.

Quite excited for this draw, in the same way i am for any draw. I give as little a shit about England as i ever have done, but by the time the tournament comes around i'll undoubtedly get the buzz and want us to win it. The Germany defeat in the World Cup was more depressing than it was gut-wrenching - we deserved to get nowhere in that tournament, whereas in the past i'd say we've been hard-done by, be it through jammy opponents or sheer bad luck.

Hope we get a tough group draw, cos if we play a load of shit in the groups (though there appears to be very little shit in the tournament), we're not prepared for one of the big-boys when the knockouts come along.

Something like Netherlands, England, Greece, Ireland would be spot on. Honestly sick to death of all the teams in pot 3 bar Greece. Was the Beckham FK/2-2 at Old Trafford the last time we played them?

These made me laugh. :laugh:

Giovanni Trapattoni has already begun planning for a potential meeting with England. "Psychologically, I would like to avoid Italy," he said. "Also, from a technical standpoint, the Azzurri should always be avoided. I would prefer to measure up against Capello's England. In fact, I have already got some counter moves ready."

Sweden forward Ola Toivonen has got no time at all for poor Andy Thorpe's wedding dilemma (1605). "If I wish, I could take England," he said. "It would be nice to play against England, without (suspended striker Wayne) Rooney, for example in one of the first two games, or something, and then maybe Ukraine or Poland; One of those three would be good."

England v Ireland would be good (if Best played :shifty:)

I seem to remember myself being happy with Greece winning Euro 2004 ;D

It was funny when they p*ssed on Portugal's parade. Other than that, they were a filthy blemish on humanity.

Looking back at it now, Greece's football was criminal.

Fucking joke.

Nedved going off injured in the semi, then them scoring the only meaningful 'silver goal' ever. Victory for anti-football.

:smitten:

Unbelievable player. Had a class tournament too, going into it as European Footballer of the Year.

I seem to remember myself being happy with Greece winning Euro 2004 ;D

GTFO.

But seriously before then, I used to argue with someone about football constantly about and he'd always use the line:

"you can't argue with the facts, '_____' won 'Tournament X' therefore they were the best team that year"

Euro 2004 ended that line of argument, forever. The only silver lining for me.

That was my Baros top-scorer bet tournament. Could almost retire on my winnings. Baros :aww:

Had forgotten about Milan Baros. Good player; what were the odds on that?

50/1

Yikes. I want to ask you how much you won. Is that cheeky?