Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When you think of the groups that we can get. Way harder to get out of the group phase here than in the WC.

My favorite would be:

Spain

Italy

Greece or Portugal

Ireland

The PIGS group!

Could be called the group of debt (blatantly stolen this joke from another forum)

Who the Dutch want.

http://images2-telegraaf.nl/multimedia/archive/00929/poll_929753i.jpg

Why they so scared of Croatia & Czech Republic?

Dno, their record against the Czech Republic ain't that great tough, 3-3-3.

You can see head to head comparison for all the teams here: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Draws/01/72/52/55/1725255_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Not that it means much, but always interesting to look at.

When you think of the groups that we can get. Way harder to get out of the group phase here than in the WC.

My favorite would be:

Spain

Italy

Greece or Portugal

Ireland

The PIGS group!

Could be called the group of debt (blatantly stolen this joke from another forum)

Uhm that was the original joke. All 5 countries have the worst debt problem in Europe and are known as P.I.I.G.S. or PIGS.

My favorite would be:

Spain

Italy

Greece or Portugal

Ireland

The PIGS group!

Uhm that was the original joke. All 5 countries have the worst debt problem in Europe and are known as P.I.I.G.S. or PIGS.

Oh yeah, I don't go out much  :coat:

I'm with Spiderman (not Jonas, this time) on this one.

Don't understand how you can be excited about the prospect of the likes of John Terry, Ashley Cole, the ref-surrounding Man Utd lot and the Liverpool-favouring-Capello doing well.

Any Newcastle representatives, however... :fwap:

Don't understand how you can be excited about the prospect of the likes of John Terry, Ashley Cole, the ref-surrounding Man Utd lot and the Liverpool-favouring-Capello doing well.

Well it's seems unfashionable but some people do have an ounce of national pride left in them. That trumps a few tossers in the team, would you feel the same way if those players came to NUFC? Nope, cos the club is bigger than a few individuals.

Well it's seems unfashionable but some people do have an ounce of national pride left in them. That trumps a few tossers in the team, would you feel the same way if those players came to NUFC? Nope, cos the club is bigger than a few individuals.

Maybe it's a personal thing, mate.

I would have a problem with them here, actually. The same way I'd be embarrassed if Suarez played for us. The same way I was embarrassed when Damien Duff and Michael Owen were diving when they played for us. :dontknow:

It's more than a few tossers too IMO. The whole FA setup feels rotten and I don't feel the (admittedly, minimal) national pride I do have is represented by the England team that will be fielded in a footballing sense or any other.

Maybe it's a personal thing, mate.

I would have a problem with them here, actually. The same way I'd be embarrassed if Suarez played for us. The same way I was embarrassed when Damien Duff and Michael Owen were diving when they played for us. :dontknow:

It's more than a few tossers too IMO. The whole FA setup feels rotten and I don't feel the (admittedly, minimal) national pride I do have is represented by the England team that will be fielded in a footballing sense or any other.

NUFC has had more than it's fair share of tossers, I still supported NUFC. When they're in the colours of your team/nation, they're not just tossers, they're our tossers.

Yes, I'd prefer a team full of sexy Colo/Jonas type people/players, but I'm not going to stop supporting my country because of a few dickheads who wear the shirt.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Watched Euro96 on ESPN Classic this morning and its still awesome. Not sure I'll ever enjoy supporting the national team as much as did between 1996-2001. Not as if there was a large amount of Newcastle players part of the team. Just better type of player who seemed to have pride playing for their country.