Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll be surprised if we lose all three. We're awful to watch and don't have any top class players, but one thing we definitely are is very well organised. The system has been the same since Trappatoni took over and the personnel rarely changes either, everyone knows what's expected of them and where they should be defensively. We won't scare any of the teams we go up against but I don't expect us to be pushovers either.

My guess is that we'll take one pasting and have two close matches in the group stage. If we take our chances and get a little bit of luck when we need it then you never know, we might just sneak through the group.

Off to Dublin in half an hour then flying out in the morning, come on Ireland!

Guest MrSundlofer

The team in full, as I want it:

Andreas Isaksson

Andreas Granqvist - Olof Mellberg - Jonas Olsson - Martin Olsson

Rasmus Elm - Kim Källström

Sebastian Larsson - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Ola Toivonen

Johan Elmander

Elmander is an injury doubt though isn't he? I know that's your preferred line-up but isn't Svensson also nailed on to start?

I look forward to a Sweden side playing with a bit more freedom than previous years, regardless. :thup:

"If Johan Elmander can walk, he will play" - Erik Hamrén.

Somehow I think he will play, if not - it will probably be Marcus Rosenberg, or Ola Toivonen - as the striker.

I am a big fan of Anders Svensson. He plays for my local team in Sweden. Anticipation, passing, positioning...  :thup: but he didn't had his best game yesterday. Rasmus Elm is a good set-pieces taker and we have 6-7 tall players on the pitch to aim at.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Zonal marking have some more team previews up. Love reading owt like that, me :lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

Can Ibra play in that role?

He's much better in that role than he is as a striker. Much better!  :drool:

He's now a part of the build-up play.

The team in full, as I want it:

Andreas Isaksson

Andreas Granqvist - Olof Mellberg - Jonas Olsson - Martin Olsson

Rasmus Elm - Kim Källström

Sebastian Larsson - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Ola Toivonen

Johan Elmander

Elmander is an injury doubt though isn't he? I know that's your preferred line-up but isn't Svensson also nailed on to start?

I look forward to a Sweden side playing with a bit more freedom than previous years, regardless. :thup:

"If Johan Elmander can walk, he will play" - Erik Hamrén.

Somehow I think he will play, if not - it will probably be Marcus Rosenberg, or Ola Toivonen - as the striker.

I am a big fan of Anders Svensson. He plays for my local team in Sweden. Anticipation, passing, positioning...  :thup: but he didn't had his best game yesterday. Rasmus Elm is a good set-pieces taker and we have 6-7 tall players on the pitch to aim at.

Borås? same city as me!

That was half the problem with him when Lagerback was there. Isolated upfront is not the best use of your most talented player. Especially when he's prone to becoming lazy and disinterested.

Yeah, Ibra is much much more dangerous when he has the freedom to drop deep and basically just dominant....

Unfortunately too many managers haven't understood that and restricted him to being a target man where he's no where as good.

If Sweden get the ball to him he will cause a lot of problems to us and France in that deeper role.

Guest MrSundlofer

That was half the problem with him when Lagerback was there. Isolated upfront is not the best use of your most talented player. Especially when he's prone to becoming lazy and disinterested.

We used Ibrahimovic in the striker position during the Euro qualifiers... He scored 5 goals in 8 games, but our system didn't really worked. We played Toivonen (after his success in that position for the U21) in the attacking midfield position BUT our players tried to find Ibrahimovic with a pass instead of Toivonen etc.

We first tried Ibrahimovic in his new position away against Croatia and won 3-1, and our system, our passing style, everything was a joy to watch  O0

Really looking forward to the Euro's now.