Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really thought Croatia were going to do it at one point tonight, sadly they squandered their golden opportunity. Would've loved to have seen them knock out Spain. Modric was brilliant tonight, IMO, was at the centre of everything good Croatia did and looked right at home up against Spain's formidable midfield.

Only caught glimpses of the Croatia game but Modric looked very good in the bits I seen.

Doesn't look like a football though (physically I mean) seems very "runt" like.

Looks all of 8 stone.

Very tidy player mind.

Felt sorry for them, gave it a good go.

Struggled in his first season a bit if memory serves.

I suppose we're just naturally biased towards the "stronger" type of player (for the most part) given the physical nature of our football here.

Not so much about strength, but how you use your body to position yourself. Players like Ben Arfa and Modric are not the most muscular players, but you never see them outmuscled for the ball.

Thought we were terrible last night, and I'm still counfounded by Del Bosque's insistence on not playing with forwards, particularly Llorente. It's clear as day that none of Iniesta, Silva, etc... are comfortable finishing plays, they create them. We need people like Pedro or Llorente in the mix.

But hey, when we score goals like that... :fwap:

It was double offside  :lol:

I'm not sure actually. Iniesta wasn't offside and Navas was behind the ball when he got the assist from Iniesta. He, however, was offside when Cesc made the first pass to Andrés. Should the ref have blown there even though Navas wasn't receiving the ball? Offside rules are so complicated nowadays.

I'm not sure actually. Iniesta wasn't offside and Navas was behind the ball when he got the assist from Iniesta. He, however, was offside when Cesc made the first pass to Andrés. Should the ref have blown there even though Navas wasn't receiving the ball? Offside rules are so complicated nowadays.

Yeah, Navas was definitely offside on the first phase, when Cesc passed it to Iniesta, but Navas didn't receive the ball, so wasn't deemed to be offside.

Navas was then onside when receiving the ball from Iniesta.

Yeah, Navas was definitely offside on the first phase, when Cesc passed it to Iniesta, but Navas didn't receive the ball, so wasn't deemed to be offside.

You've got the rules wrong mate!

He appeared to be keeping unnecessarily tight to the line before recieving the ball from Iniesta I thought, he could have easily been blown offside (although it would have been the wrong decision). The ammount of space he had he could have safely dropped off a foot.

The mackems will be happy Jesus Navas scored, since hes a target for them and all........ :troll:

For real?

Brilliant player, mind, but can't see him leaving Spain due to the aforementioned anxiety issues.

Yeh they had a 40 page thread on how they should be after him... delusional or what?

damned if i know if this is against the rules or what but since I regard the current rules as a pile of shit I don't notably care but imho Navas gained an unfair advantage by hanging around in an offside position

MirrorFootball ‏@MirrorFootball

Croatian FA fined €80,000 for racial abuse aimed at Mario Balotelli. Almost, but not quite, enough to buy a pair of Paddy Power pants

bravo uefa for confirming just how incompetent you truly are

Guest bimpy474

You've got the rules wrong mate!

He hasn't, he has it spot on.

The rules are an arse because Navas gained an advantage from being offside in the first phase of play, phase of play is a crock of shit.