Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its near!!!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250806_10150895512459262_614014261_10081964_1258918222_n.jpg

:indi:

Yes, I realise I'm a big kid.

I've got TWO wall charts. Can't wait :D

I need/want a wall chart. Can I have your spare one? :razz:

Its near!!!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250806_10150895512459262_614014261_10081964_1258918222_n.jpg

:indi:

Yes, I realise I'm a big kid.

I've got TWO wall charts. Can't wait :D

I need/want a wall chart. Can I have your spare one? :razz:

:lol:

Will most likely be Balotelli and Cassano upfront for Italy.

Christ, what a volatile frontline :lol:

This randomly has inspired me to make an all time Italy mentalist XI

Bergomi Gentile Materazzi Bruno

Benetti

Gattuso      Tardelli

Cassano                                   

Di Canio Balotelli

Need a GK, though!

Poor Ukraine: four managers in as many years, their squad is recovering from a food poisoning outbreak, all three of their called up keepers are ruled out through injury/failed drugs tests and their only good defender (Chygrynskiy) is ruled out too.

Guest Sophie S

I'm terribly excited and almost a bit depressed now that it's here. I can't wait to have constant football and the excitement of the tournament. But it just won't be the same watching the football where no-one else cheers for your team. The whole spirit of sitting in a beergarden with your friends gets a bit lost.  :sad:

Is there a German bar or anything in Newcastle? Anywhere where I'm most likely to meet others?

Also, are their any particularly strong back fours in the competition?

You'd have to say Spain's is the strongest but Ramos can be a bit of a liability while Alba and Arbeloa are relatively new to the fold. Italy's isn't bad either, Balzaretti and Maggio will provide plenty going forward too. France's looks good on paper but Rami and Mexas don't look comfortable together at all. So while decent even the stronger looking defensive units are hardly sensational.

Obviously the likes of Spain, Germany and the Netherlands will domiante the midfield and so not rely on defence as much, but still a point worth making.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Euro 2012 was plunged into its first racism controversy after the black players in the Holland squad were subjected to monkey chants during an open practice session in the same city where England will also invite the public to watch them train on Friday.

Several hundred people targeted players such as Nigel de Jong and Gregory van der Wiel when 25,000 spectators attended the Dutch practice session at the Stadion Miejski, the home of Wisla Krakow.

The players, on the instructions of the captain, Mark van Bommel, responded by moving their training drills to the other side of the ground. "It is a real disgrace especially after getting back from Auschwitz [the Dutch squad had visited the concentration camp on Wednesday] that you are confronted with this," Van Bommel said. "We will take it up with Uefa and if it happens at a match we will talk to the referee and ask him to take us off the field."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/07/euro-2012-holland-racist-abuse?CMP=twt_gu

Also, are their any particularly strong back fours in the competition?

You'd have to say Spain's is the strongest but Ramos can be a bit of a liability while Alba and Arbeloa are relatively new to the fold. Italy's isn't bad either, Balzaretti and Maggio will provide plenty going forward too. France's looks good on paper but Rami and Mexas don't look comfortable together at all. So while decent even the stronger looking defensive units are hardly sensational.

Obviously the likes of Spain, Germany and the Netherlands will domiante the midfield and so not rely on defence as much, but still a point worth making.

There isn't a strong defensive unit in the whole tournament IMO. All have weaknesses.

What's the point of these racist scum? They clearly have no interest in actual football. Utter cretins.

Don't think the Premier league gets enough credit for the anti-racism campaigns. Leaps and bounds ahead of most countries.

Thiago Motta playing for Italy confuses me. I can't deal with it.

True. It was a late switcharoo since he only became eligible when they changed the rule (He had friendly caps for Brazil).

It's less confusing when they've atleast been with that country a while like Deco or Eduardo.

Will most likely be Balotelli and Cassano upfront for Italy.

Yeah Brassel was talking about it either being that, or going with Giovinco off Di Natale. They don't have a bad as side as people are making out to be fair, you'd imagine Chiellini will be pretty vital in defence though.

Euro 2012 was plunged into its first racism controversy after the black players in the Holland squad were subjected to monkey chants during an open practice session in the same city where England will also invite the public to watch them train on Friday.

Several hundred people targeted players such as Nigel de Jong and Gregory van der Wiel when 25,000 spectators attended the Dutch practice session at the Stadion Miejski, the home of Wisla Krakow.

The players, on the instructions of the captain, Mark van Bommel, responded by moving their training drills to the other side of the ground. "It is a real disgrace especially after getting back from Auschwitz [the Dutch squad had visited the concentration camp on Wednesday] that you are confronted with this," Van Bommel said. "We will take it up with Uefa and if it happens at a match we will talk to the referee and ask him to take us off the field."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/07/euro-2012-holland-racist-abuse?CMP=twt_gu

"I very warmly invite all English people. You will definitely not encounter anything unpleasant here."

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/nakedgun.gif

If the racism is allowed to go on then this tournament is going to be a shambles. The fact that they appear to be turning a blind eye to that dutch training camp is not good.

Publicly they're denying, but behind the scenes...