Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It would be nice if it was organised so teams got to play in front of their own crowds in such an arrangement but I suspect not

Only way that would work is if they changed the group stage to playing each other home & away but I doubt they'd extend the length of the tournament for that.

It's quite easy to find 8 good teams that didn't qualify (Serbia, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey, Bosnia, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia), so maybe 24 can work. I'm just annoyed that it ruins the quirky 3 week tournament - it's short and snappy. I'd hate to see it spread across 12 cities though: having a host country adds something to the tournament and I doubt it'd be good for travelling fans.

Is it? I didn't know.

Also:

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter

Uefa exco give special award to the Irish for their fans

:facepalm:

An award for glory hunting and not supporting clubs from their own country?

Is Michel Platini on smack? He's already ruined it by extending it, what a fucking bellend.

Can't be that hard to have a good shots on target % when you only take 2 shots per game, and the shots you do take are from about 4 yards out.

Or 9.8 shots per game scoring more goals than your fellow finalists in the process.

It's quite easy to find 8 good teams that didn't qualify (Serbia, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey, Bosnia, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia), so maybe 24 can work. I'm just annoyed that it ruins the quirky 3 week tournament - it's short and snappy. I'd hate to see it spread across 12 cities though: having a host country adds something to the tournament and I doubt it'd be good for travelling fans.

2 of those were so good they comfortably beat by England.

Just so England don't get it :lol:

Actually in this case its to stop the Wales Scotland and Ireland getting it.

What a daft utterly impossible idea to implement what a shock its come out of Blatter mk 2 Platini. Why is he determined to ruin the euros

2 of those were so good they comfortably beat by England.

England also won 2 group games and remained unbeaten. Not saying they were comfortable, but there's no real difference between those sort of teams.

Guest BooBoo

With just the final left, what are people's thoughts on the tournament?

I thought it started very promisingly but generally has been quite easily forgettable. A bit like a James Bond film, entertaining whilst it's on but there's nothing that'll stand out when you look back in a years time.

It's been good that none of the per tournament fears haven't materialised and the hosts have done a great job.

Better than the last awful World Cup, but I think in terms of excitement it's been the dullest Euros for a long time.

The group stages were entertaining enough, but after that it's all been a bit average.

Behaviour seemed quite good from both the fans and players.

But once again there is no a stand-out player or performances in the tournament. Maybe because I was too spoiled as a youngster watching the likes of Romario & Baggio WC94, Zidane 98, Figo & Zidane Euro 2000, etc. The past few international tournaments have included no such star performances.

Guest BooBoo

Yep that's another thing, nobody's really made their name in this tournament.

Says a lot when a 35 year old Pirlo has been by some distance the player of the tournament.