Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I have no statistics to back this claim up, but I am certain the number of incorrect decisions without and with VAR aren't even remotely comparable.

I dunno, I've been watching football a long time as I'm sure you have too, and it doesn't feel much different to me in terms of how often we're complaining about decisions. It just takes longer to reach those decisions and takes away the joy of scoring a goal, if there's an increase in accuracy it really isn't worth the trade off IMO. 

55 minutes ago, Andy said:

I dunno, I've been watching football a long time as I'm sure you have too, and it doesn't feel much different to me in terms of how often we're complaining about decisions. It just takes longer to reach those decisions and takes away the joy of scoring a goal, if there's an increase in accuracy it really isn't worth the trade off IMO. 

That's because the expectations are way way higher. We complain about things we used to forget in 1 day. Try watching a bunch of highlights from games pre VAR. It was crazy. You will realise this if VAR goes away. Also, without VAR, won't the top teams get an even bigger advantage from refereeing?

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What does he think has happened here...

GNpPScuWAAAeFcN.jpeg

My post had the worst timing to be honest, didn't see this.[emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

That's because the expectations are way way higher. We complain about things we used to forget in 1 day. Try watching a bunch of highlights from games pre VAR. It was crazy. You will realise this if VAR goes away. Also, without VAR, won't the top teams get an even bigger advantage from refereeing?

I don't get this argument at all. "Wait and see what it's like without VAR". I've been an admin on this forum for two decades :lol: I've seen more football without VAR than with it, and certainly more than enough of both to make an informed decision on which I prefer

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I don't get this argument at all. "Wait and see what it's like without VAR". I've been an admin on this forum for two decades :lol: I've seen more football without VAR than with it, and certainly more than enough of both to make an informed decision

Remember all the offside goals? Saying that there are not less big errors is just wrong. We obviously hold them to a higher standard since they have the replays. Which we should. But there ARE less big mistakes. We don't remember that well how it used to be, we have gotten used to VAR.

Edited by Erikse

a perfect example of why it should be scrapped. Now we’re not just annoyed at the ref for not giving it but we’re also annoyed with VAR inexcusably not giving it. It’s been a failure and a massive waste of time and energy that adds nothing to the game from a fan’s perspective.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What does he think has happened here...

GNpPScuWAAAeFcN.jpeg

I think Gordon is unfairly impeded and therefore it should be a pen, but that image portrays a bit of a different situation. Amrabat doesn't deliberately go for him, he catches him accidentally. I don't think the on-field ref has a hope of spotting it in real-time whilst sprinting to catch up with the play 

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Remember all the offside goals? Saying that there are not less big errors is just wrong. We obviously hold them to a higher standard since they have the replays. Which we should. But there ARE less big mistakes.

You're arguing against an argument I'm not making. I've already said in several posts that automated offside should be maintained, and VAR eliminated for subjective calls. 

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

You're arguing against an argument I'm not making. I've already said in several posts that automated offside should be maintained, and VAR eliminated for subjective calls. 

I can agree on that. I don't know why the clubs didn't want automated offsides for this season.

This is what corruption looks like. Holy fuck its so bad its almost unreal. Are we watching the same games, or is it a var-lottery for each situation?

Posted (edited)

And this tonight highlight one major problem with VAR. I don’t blame the ref as it took a few replays to see the contact on Gordon but the VAR officials go and look it and they can see the contact but because the onfield ref didn’t give it they won’t change it because of the ‘high threshold’ pish. They either want to re-ref the game using VAR or they don’t. They are somewhere in the middle and it doesn’t work 

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I think Gordon is unfairly impeded and therefore it should be a pen, but that image portrays a bit of a different situation. Amrabat doesn't deliberately go for him, he catches him accidentally. I don't think the on-field ref has a hope of spotting it in real-time whilst sprinting to catch up with the play 

Hardly any fouls are deliberate. Most are just mistimed and clumsy 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, this issue in this instance is VAR.

Literally dragged him down before kicking him. I actually felt he should have appealed more to the referee. He explained why he didn't but I think it can influence the decision. But he's right, he didn't lose the game based on that decision but it is still infuriating.