Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I’m one of those who didn’t want VAR, as it interferes with football’s pyramid structure - PL games should be played and officiated using the same rules as Sunday league games.

I also believed that what is happening would occur.  The funny thing is watching the same pundits who’ve spent decades whining about referees and called for this technology whining because they’re not getting what they thought.  Because of course they wouldn’t - too much is down to interpretation.

Leave the goal line technology if we must, but for god’s sake scrap this VAR shite.  It slows the game and doesn’t make the calls any better.  

17 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah I totally get it :lol:. That was my original point though - despite lumping us together for understandable reasons (like the other guys did that I was responding to). On the matter of VAR and reffing it seems clear that certain clubs do get favoured…and I don’t think Spurs is one of them, for the most part. That suggests that there are other financial historical biases at play.

Early days yet though, maybe you've just not needed it so far ;)

Fully aware this place has turned into paranoia central over the last fortnight btw, myself included 100%. Doesn't mean it's not happening though :lol:

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m one of those who didn’t want VAR, as it interferes with football’s pyramid structure - PL games should be played and officiated using the same rules as Sunday league games.

I also believed that what is happening would occur.  The funny thing is watching the same pundits who’ve spent decades whining about referees and called for this technology whining because they’re not getting what they thought.  Because of course they wouldn’t - too much is down to interpretation.

Leave the goal line technology if we must, but for god’s sake scrap this VAR shite.  It slows the game and doesn’t make the calls any better.  

Disagree. It works perfectly well in other sports that are subjective (Rugby), and there is no need to not use the technology available at the top level to ensure we get the correct decisions. They need to change what the ref is shown, they should see all angles. We should hear what the ref and the VAR say to each other. I still would like the VAR ref in the stadium rather than back at some VAR HQ, but if they go the VAR HQ route then they have a pool of refs who can quickly check over a goal and see, hopefully 5 eyes are better than one?

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Disagree. It works perfectly well in other sports that are subjective (Rugby), and there is no need to not use the technology available at the top level to ensure we get the correct decisions. They need to change what the ref is shown, they should see all angles. We should hear what the ref and the VAR say to each other. I still would like the VAR ref in the stadium rather than back at some VAR HQ, but if they go the VAR HQ route then they have a pool of refs who can quickly check over a goal and see, hopefully 5 eyes are better than one?

No issue with disagreeing, but rugby isn’t a pyramid, and is stop-start.  The decisions aren’t getting any better at all - and the drama is stripped watching a prat in green watch a telly on the touch line.

Rugby is a pyramid? You can get promoted all the way to the Prem from the bottom. Football is also stop start, look how long it takes for someone to take a corner GK or throw in. The problem isn't VAR is how the monkeys pulling the levers are using it. 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Rugby is a pyramid? You can get promoted all the way to the Prem from the bottom. Football is also stop start, look how long it takes for someone to take a corner GK or throw in. The problem isn't VAR is how the monkeys pulling the levers are using it. 

The monkeys aren’t changing any time soon mate - the issues aren’t going away.

Just read that Lee Mason is the VAR official for Man Utd v Arsenal today, fucking shameless :lol: Keith Hackett the former PGMOL boss is not happy on twitter about him either. Saying he should be stood down and questions need asking if he is fit for purpose ?

Edited by Pokerprince2004

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I also wish managers would Man the fuck up and tell the truth - I manage a team at work and accepting errors isn’t a weakness, I can’t abide lying to cover them up.  If Viera says that then he’s another man whose gone right down in my books. 

Got to hand it to Willock, he's cunning. He knew the keeper would save Mitchell's own goal attempt, and fouled him. Would have got away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky Vids.

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

PS I don’t think there is a conspiracy at all.  Just shit refereeing standards. 

That's like saying washing machines aren't designed to break down days after the warranty expires, it's just that the materials used are of a poorer quality.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Yes, but I would think that it is a "true fake", in as much as it is very likely to be an UNDERSTATEMENT of what is actually constantly going on.

No, it’s taken an actual quote, then added a lie to the end of it.

I don’t think there is a giant refereeing conspiracy against NUFC.  I just think shit, cowardly referees make shit, cowardly decisions.  

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Not sure if it's been posted already, but, more of this please, at least he has integrity, unlike the official. 

And the sad part is, he gets fined the ref gets to continue to be an arrogant, protected, twat.

Is that Declan Rice? Whoever it is I applaud them. I totally understand a player making those comments. I see no reason for a manger to emulate that. I just think it would take an amazing effort from Howe to turn into that person.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Probably not one for this thread but it's ridiculous you get a yellow for taking your shirt off celebrating. Even moreso when said goal is disallowed. 

Should probably be red if it's disallowed.

I'm sure i lost FFL points for it.

Edited by Happinesstan

Getting to the point now where I'd love to see a player go and deck a referee after one of their bottle job or blatantly biased decisions. Not sure what it would achieve in the wider scheme of things but it would be class.

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, it’s taken an actual quote, then added a lie to the end of it.

I don’t think there is a giant refereeing conspiracy against NUFC.  I just think shit, cowardly referees make shit, cowardly decisions.  

I think it’s partly / largely what Interpolic said earlier on in the thread that it’s maybe not out-and-out corruption but to do with pressure and scrutiny from the big clubs that bring in the most money. These Refs will be thinking, if I fuck this up then they’re going to blame who wins the league on me, compared with, if I fuck this up, this smalltime team might finish 16th or 18th, but they don’t have the fan base, the money or the media clout for it to rain down on me too much. That won’t necessarily be a conscious thought process but it will massively influence their decision making

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Getting to the point now where I'd love to see a player go and deck a referee after one of their bottle job or blatantly biased decisions. Not sure what it would achieve in the wider scheme of things but it would be class.

Di Canio knew

AdventurousShabbyDarklingbeetle-size_res

I used referee at the lowest standard, and the abuse at that level is horrendous, to the point you think you could get physically attacked for absolutely anything. It can be terrifying unless you have a certain personality.

As i played as well, i can see the side of players where the refs can just be dismissive, and as i experienced can be above the law (football law) and just make shite up if you dispute something to a county FA, refs are just protected without question, well that was my experience.

Going on to referee made me realise what a prat I'd been at times to refs, you get one look and make an honest decision, but you will get things wrong. Then the abuse and vitriol and intimidation comes your way, why anyone would want to do it is beyond me. Now i know that makes me a hypocrite by slating off the poor standards at the top, yet we have experienced professional refs getting decisions so wrong, even with the help of multiple views. But i can see both sides, we won't get better refs if we don't sort out the abuse and difficulty at grass roots level, as that's where most refs start.

God knows how you fix it all, it's one big mess.

Edited by Bimpy474

35 minutes ago, Pilko said:

It would get replicated at the lower levels, where it's bad enough as it is. It's a completely wrong thing to even think of, mind you as a fan like you, i can see why the frustration of decisions would make you think it.