Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Clattenburg once again proving tonight that he is the best ref in English football by a country mile.

An impossible game for him to manage, but he did extremely well.

I thought he completely lost control of it. Why did he not send Dier off for that tackle right at the end?

Clattenburg once again proving tonight that he is the best ref in English football by a country mile.

I thought he completely lost control of it. Why did he not send Dier off for that tackle right at the end?

This. Difficult game to manage but didn't help himself by trying to keep it 11 v 11 when the players were determined to be as cuntish as they possibly could be, safe in the knowledge the worst that was coming was a yellow. Blatant offences were either overlooked or downgraded to mere bookings, players took advantage and that's mainly the fault of the ref imo. 

This. Difficult game to manage but didn't help himself by trying to keep it 11 v 11 when the players were determined to be as cuntish as they possibly could be, safe in the knowledge the worst that was coming was a yellow. Blatant offences were either overlooked or downgraded to mere bookings, players took advantage and that's mainly the fault of the ref imo. 

Got to wonder if  how many would have been left on the pitch if it were West Brom V us or the mackems ?

Got to wonder if  how many would have been left on the pitch if it were West Brom V us or the mackems ?

Exactly. By my reckoning Dembele, Lamela, Dier, Walker, Rose and Mason could all have quite easily have walked for what they actually did.

Match would have had to have been abandoned as you can't play with less than 7. Clattenburg bottled every big decision.

I liked how he tried to let the game flow and it was good to see him not overreact at times.  However, there were so many blatant things he missed/bottled.  Dier at the end, Mason trying to hug and head butt Hazard, Rose and Walker probably could have gone, and all. 

Can't really blame him for missing the snot throwing from Walker, the 'stamp' from Lamela and the gouging from Dembele. 

Guest firetotheworks

I thought he did well in difficult circumstances, but a couple of players will likely get bans for things he didn't see.

Can't really blame him for missing the snot throwing from Walker, the 'stamp' from Lamela and the gouging from Dembele. 

That really doesn't read brilliantly for Tottenham :lol:

:lol: I'm not sure they'll get Walker for the booger flicking, or Lamela for treading on Fabregas.  But Dembele has to be getting a 3 match ban. 

Did they change the laws, regarding an official seeing the incident?  If the linesman admits to seeing that, then can they retrospectively ban him?

I thought he did well in difficult circumstances, but a couple of players will likely get bans for things he didn't see.

How? By turning a blind eye to multiple red card offences? :lol: Having a stern word to the first couple of offenders to give fair warning is fine, but then failing to be authoritative and follow through with his warning is weak and meant they could continue doing it with little or no repercussions (ie. yellows at most).

I think the only big miss was the Dier foul, and that was more a second yellow. The really violent stuff all went on behind his back.

Most of the little challenges and scuffles he let go are the sort of thing I want to see TBH, sending someone off every time two players square up is OTT.

That Dier foul could have been a straight red, IMO.  It was one of the rare occasions, when a foul didn't look as bad in slow mo.  In real time, it looked absolutely brutal and it was two footed, if memory serves?

I liked how he tried to let the game flow and it was good to see him not overreact at times.  However, there were so many blatant things he missed/bottled.  Dier at the end, Mason trying to hug and head butt Hazard, Rose and Walker probably could have gone, and all. 

Pretty sure it was blood, he was getting treatment for it straight after and his nose was bleeding. Gross

Pretty sure it was blood, he was getting treatment for it straight after and his nose was bleeding. Gross

Really?!  That is fucking rank.

Guest firetotheworks

How? By turning a blind eye to multiple red card offences? :lol: Having a stern word to the first couple of offenders to give fair warning is fine, but then failing to be authoritative and follow through with his warning is weak and meant they could continue doing it with little or no repercussions (ie. yellows at most).

Spurs and Chelsea were both sneaky cunts in the things they were doing, he was trying to keep a hold on the game. You could say that he should have been tougher with them, but that would have just had both sets of players rolling around knowing they could get people sent off imo. Had he not done it in the way he did it, I think it would have been just as bad but with play-acting rather than dirtyness.

How many of the spurs players should face retroactive actions?

If vardy got a ban after his red card dive, then tottenham will be without half their team the last 2 games.

Guest firetotheworks

Danny Rose should get a ban as well like, you pushed Hiddink into a trough. :lol: