Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Rice is a moron. He should just get away from the ball rather than trying to block it. Even if he stands 2m away and blocks the attempted FK he should be booked, foul given against you you retreat the required distance. Its not that hard. 

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

Declan Rice shouldnt have been sent off (glad he was though).

The brighton lad should have seen Red for his kick at him.

Disagree. Rice knows exactly what he is doing. He delays the game, and is trying to get away with it.

Great refreeing.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Rice is a moron. He should just get away from the ball rather than trying to block it. Even if he stands 2m away and blocks the attempted FK he should be booked, foul given against you you retreat the required distance. Its not that hard. 

If he was just stood there and matey blasted it at him. That would be the harshest second yellow for a long time, I think. Wasn’t like he was stood over the ball for ages blocking him. It’s more the fact that he slyly taps the ball away on purpose and then goes to jog off. 

He looked guilty as fuck afterwards and knew what he’d done.  The Brighton player probably did decide to

take a free hit at him and squeezed all the juice out of the situation to get Rice

booked, for sure. 

From the bits and pieces I saw of the game. Both teams were going above and beyond the usual levels of gamesmanship/cheating and shithousery. 

7 hours ago, Adam said:

If Rice just walks back back towards the ball and doesnt do anything, he does not get a yellow. Idiotic thing to flick the ball. 

Rice only has himself to blame, idiotic. Anything that upsets Arteta is a win in my book though. No one comes close to being as big a wet wipe as Arteta in the entire league 

Clear yellow card. Very happy to see it given.

The problem is like every  referee in the prem its completely random wheher you get it or not. They only give it once in a while. Funny when when it happens to arsenal though. [emoji38]

Anyone who has played the game will tell you that Rice knew exactly what he was doing. Don't give the officials a decision to make! Needless booking. 

In fairness to Rice, the Brighton lad was about to hit a moving ball, so shouldn't have been able to play it anyway. I think it's incredibly harsh, but he's a mug for doing that while on a yellow. And I can't be too upset with a red card for Arsenal. 

20 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

In fairness to Rice, the Brighton lad was about to hit a moving ball, so shouldn't have been able to play it anyway. I think it's incredibly harsh, but he's a mug for doing that while on a yellow. And I can't be too upset with a red card for Arsenal. 

This does not matter. Ref then orders to the freekick to be retaken. If you see a freekick for example given for an offside from 25 yards and the GK comes to take it, they usually throw it forward a bit and then kick it. If you then go and kick the rolling ball back saying it was in the wrong place, 100/100 yellow card. This is a small touch but pretty much the same.

The funny thing is, if that was Saliba giving the fk and Welbeck infront of him acting like a moron, Arsenal fans would be yelling for a 2nd yellow.

Watching at a mate’s house after a christening. So hardly the best place for expert analysis. But surely it’s a blatant pen on Isak? 

Did VAR not even look at it? He goes right through him to get to the ball. Even heard that prick Hinchliffe saying what great defending it was. 

Isak should have squared it and sometimes he seems to hang onto it too long. But even so, it’s still a foul IMO. 

3 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Surely he is on the foot there, didnt touch the ball at all?

Touched the ball after that first contact. Straightaway I wondered how that was not checked? Clear contact with Isak's foot first.

47 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

3 games into the season and every single one has had a massive VAR controversy :lol:

And had there been VAR in the Carabao Cup, it would be 4 out of 4 with their goal from a foul throw.

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

3 games into the season and every single one has had a massive VAR controversy :lol:

But the best part is this one won't go into folklore as being a VAR fuck up because it was never highlighted as one by the TV. There's plenty that goes unnoticed with VAR in addition to all the horror shows we already know about.