Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

It's not even big team bias.  Taylor is a lifelong Man Utd fan, man.

Well documented and outrageous that he's allowed to ref them.

Blame lies with the FA.

Michael Oliver and Clattenburg have never been allowed to Referee our matches just a different rule book for us as usual. Also Taylor has never given Man Utd a Red ever in the Premier League in over 20 matches and gave a very dodgy Red against Man City last season I wonder which side of Manchester he liked growing up his stats for Manchester United says it all.

Blame lies with the FA.

Michael Oliver and Clattenburg have never been allowed to Referee our matches just a different rule book for us as usual. Also Taylor has never given Man Utd a Red ever in the Premier League in over 20 matches and gave a very dodgy Red against Man City last season I wonder which side of Manchester he liked growing up his stats for Manchester United says it all.

Taylor supports Altrincham Town not Man Utd/Man City.

Oliver and Clattenberg support Newcastle and therefore can't referee Newcastle or Sunderland

That's the difference

At least get you facts right

Guest firetotheworks

Blame lies with the FA.

Oliver and Clattenberg support Newcastle and therefore can't referee Newcastle or Sunderland

That's the difference

Taylor supports Altrincham Town in the same way Oliver supports Blyth Spartans. He doesn't.

ManDoon - Referee's must declare who they support each season, I presume its part of their contract, if they lied id imagine they would be in more bother.

Joeyt - Not sure as not sure if there is anything else they take into consideration as well as who they support.

Blame lies with the FA.

That's the difference

Taylor supports Altrincham Town in the same way Oliver supports Blyth Spartans. He doesn't.

Taylor was born in Wythenshawe but lives in Altrincham.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/manchester-official-anthony-taylor-allowed-12005260

Same reason Jon Moss doesn't referee us, he was born and supports Sunderland but lives in Leeds

Supporting them or not it’s incredibly unlikely someone from Manchester won’t be have a bias towards Manchester teams one way or the other.

It seems far less hassle to just get a ref from out of the area.7

This is where the FA shoot themselves in the foot

Guest firetotheworks

As always it's inconsistent as fuck as well. Mike Dean lives in the Wirral and says he supports Tranmere. He never referees Liverpool or Everton matches. Taylor lives 6 miles from Old Trafford, but it's fine because he supports Altrincham Town? Utter bollocks, I support Newcastle but I'd still have bias towards Gateshead, Blyth etc, it's only natural.

Guest firetotheworks

I mean like it would surely be incredibly easy to find out if he was actually a Man Utd fan and some evidence surely would’ve came out by now if he was

It's not even just about him supporting them. In plenty of other cases it's about any potential conflict of interest. Mike Dean in the example above, Kevin Friend, a Bristol City fan couldn't ref a Spurs game in 15/16 because he lived near Leicester. They're no different to Anthony Taylor's situation.

I mean like it would surely be incredibly easy to find out if he was actually a Man Utd fan and some evidence surely would’ve came out by now if he was

It's not even just about him supporting them. In plenty of other cases it's about any potential conflict of interest. Mike Dean in the example above, Kevin Friend, a Bristol City fan couldn't ref a Spurs game in 15/16 because he lived near Leicester. They're no different to Anthony Taylor's situation.

Aye, I agree with that. Just think it would have been pretty easy to prove if he was a Man Utd fan as suggested here

As always it's inconsistent as fuck as well. Mike Dean lives in the Wirral and says he supports Tranmere. He never referees Liverpool or Everton matches. Taylor lives 6 miles from Old Trafford, but it's fine because he supports Altrincham Town? Utter bollocks, I support Newcastle but I'd still have bias towards Gateshead, Blyth etc, it's only natural.

Believe Dean has moved to Wales now but he did referee Liverpool v Everton in 2016

ManDoon - Referee's must declare who they support each season, I presume its part of their contract, if they lied id imagine they would be in more bother.

Joeyt - Not sure as not sure if there is anything else they take into consideration as well as who they support.

He's from about 6 miles outside of OT. There's practically no way you're going to pick a non league side as your team really. He can declare what he likes really, unless they find him in a man u top how would they prove differently?

Greater Manchester/Lancashire is a bit funny as there are shit loads of teams who are in the 92 but usually "lower league" - you then get shit loads of people from these places who follow these clubs but also follow one of the Manchester clubs - Oldham/United, Altringham/City etc etc.

I fucking bet this cheating cunt is Alty/United.

Its not just about who he supports, if you live within 10 miles of a ground you are likely to in a position where your performance will be affected by the pressure you get from fans whilst going about your normal life.

The FA putting refs in this position is stupid, but with a relatively small elite list of refs enforcing this along with who they support is likely to result in some refs getting a disproportionate amounts of any one teams games.

A bigger pool of better refs with a good geographic spread is the answer to then allow a minimum radius to be applied to who does who

Its not just about who he supports, if you live within 10 miles of a ground you are likely to in a position where your performance will be affected by the pressure you get from fans whilst going about your normal life.

The FA putting refs in this position is stupid, but with a relatively small elite list of refs enforcing this along with who they support is likely to result in some refs getting a disproportionate amounts of any one teams games.

A bigger pool of better refs with a good geographic spread is the answer to then allow a minimum radius to be applied to who does who

:lol: It'd be a dream for the current crop of pricks to be competent first.

Apart from directly reffing your or your rivals team, who you support could theoretically impact on a lot of other situations when relegation and top end issues are coming to a conclusion at the end of the season.

Sadly the only two consistently decent refs over the last few years have both supported Newcastle.

Just get rid of them all, they wouldn't be missed, and bring in full time referees from abroad so there is much less chance of bias.

The PL buys in the world's best players and coaches so why not referees ?

I see Cardiff had a player sent off against Spurs for basically doing the same as Pogba did on Yedlin. Wasn't as bad as the Arter hack on Joselu, which apparently warranted only a yellow too. The amount of awful decisions we've been on the end of in the last 3 seasons is quite incredible, it seems to happen every week.

Also, I've only seen one replay but, didn't Pogba actually stamp on the back of Yedlin's heel too, making it dangerous as well as cynical?

Guest firetotheworks

The Cardiff tackle was a bit different to Pogba's imo like. :lol: Agree that Arter should have been sent off against us though and that we've had some seriously shit decisions go against us for what feels like forever.

The Cardiff tackle was a bit different to Pogba's imo like. :lol: Agree that Arter should have been sent off against us though and that we've had some seriously shit decisions go against us for what feels like forever.

The way in which they tackled was different, but they were both cynical, deliberate fouls and I would say that Pogba's was more dangerous as he caught him with studs right down his Achilles. I was so angry about that tackle at the time, especially after he avoided a booking in the first half for booting the ball away. The fact he was then heavily involved in Martial's goal nearly made me explode.

Guest neesy111

As if Cardiff had the audacity to challenge Ralls' red card last weekend.

FA have unsurprisingly rejected it

Should had got an extra game for a frivolous appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean generally not just this game, we literally only get any decision if it's blatent, and sometimes even not them (Young handball v Man U) whereas teams against us get 50/50 calls to them or absolutley ridiculous calls like that corner today.

It's not bias or sour grapes either, i'm commenting on what i'm seeing, we literally get fuck all from referees, it has been like this for a while.