Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Personally thought he got both the Yedlin and Perez decisions correct.

Lascelles never looked like getting there IMO and unless you can prove intent from Boly I can't see how you can send him off for the elbow. He didn't look at Perez, so if he was trying to elbow him, it was guesswork.

Mike Dean is still a horrendous cunt though.

Howay man, no one swings an elbow like that unless they're hoping to catch an opponent. :lol: It was ludicrous.

Had a look again this morning. Was canny bad like.  :lol:

:lol: There's loads of intent in the elbow. One of the most obvious red cards you'll ever see.

And FWIW, the red card wasn't - he wasn't the last man and they were both holding each other. Yedlin is very naïve for doing that as a defender where the attacking player is always going to be looking to fall over.

Same ref who failed to send off David Luiz when Demba Ba was clean through on goal at SJP a few years ago which was a far more obvious red card than yesterday. I'm not saying there's any sort of vendetta against us but we get some rough treatment off certain officials, not least this prick. He looks about 60 so at least he should be up for retirement soon.

Those goalscoring opportunity reds are really rare now as well, almost never get given.

That said, I don't think you can say it was blatantly wrong, you could argue he did have an opportunity to score. I'm not sure if 'last man' is in the rules.

It was an incredibly light touch by Yedline and a very soft dive, but I guess that's standard in football.

Personally thought he got both the Yedlin and Perez decisions correct.

Lascelles never looked like getting there IMO and unless you can prove intent from Boly I can't see how you can send him off for the elbow. He didn't look at Perez, so if he was trying to elbow him, it was guesswork.

Mike Dean is still a horrendous cunt though.

Nope.

Yedlin's wasn't a cut & dry case. First of all his shirt was being pulled first and Lascelles had to have a chance of covering. Of course it was all Yedlin's doing in the first place (don't get me started on this useless sack of shit), but it didn't warrant a text-book red card at all.

As for the elbow it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not (which it definitely was). It's a foul. You are impeding a player from getting to the ball. It happens to be in the box so it's a clear penalty. The shape of the left elbow tells me it was deliberate.

Woke up this morning still seething. English refereeing and football in general is making me hate the sport. Maybe it's because we're not doing well as NUFC. Everything about it though is just substandard at the moment.

Completely agree with all of this.

Just describe the play without video.

- defender loses ball

- attacker and defender challenge for ball

- attacker pulls shirt of defender while going for ball

- attacker wins ball

- defender pulls shirt of attacker

- attacker goes down

Plainly obvious if you play that out that to video Jotas tug allows him to win the ball, so clearly that should matter as he’s gained an advantage by grabbing Yedlin’s shirt.

Just describe the play without video.

- defender loses ball

- attacker and defender challenge for ball

- attacker pulls shirt of defender while going for ball

- attacker wins ball

- defender pulls shirt of attacker

- attacker goes down

Plainly obvious if you play that out that to video Jotas tug allows him to win the ball, so clearly that should matter as he’s gained an advantage by grabbing Yedlin’s shirt.

Exactly how I saw it, Yedlin is fouled first and imo VARS should show that and give the free kick to us the initial foul.

It's certainly gone way beyond fans just thinking their team is hard done by.

A court of law would struggle to say there wasn't something bent going on when you weigh up the hard facts of the last few seasons.

This. No doubt in my mind that dodgy shit goes on behind the scenes somewhere. The entire sport is rotten.

The red card stat for us is outrageous, it really is. Most teams have what, at least a few given in their favour each season, even the poor teams and the teams that get relegated and thereby have less possession and are fouled less etc. Over 140 games since we've had one, it's absolutely nuts.

It's certainly gone way beyond fans just thinking their team is hard done by.

A court of law would struggle to say there wasn't something bent going on when you weigh up the hard facts of the last few seasons.

This. No doubt in my mind that dodgy s*** goes on behind the scenes somewhere. The entire sport is rotten.

100%. The whole sport is set up to keep the money flowing, and if that means WWE levels of 'results management' by refs, the so be it.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dean had been paid off by Wolves. One of the worst displays of refereeing in memory.

What a surprise Dermot Gallagher on ref watch said both desicions were correct, f***ing joke!

At least Kevin Campbell said Yedlin was pulled back first Dermont disagreed said it wouldn’t have changed

What was his argument like? Was it "no Yedlin wasn't pulled back?" (He clearly was) or was it along the lines if "he was pulled back but no it doesn't count as a foul." If so, why? Shirt tugging is a foul regardless of how hard the shirt is tugged. Is it because it was on a Newcastle player? I'd imagine he wasn't challenged any further on it but I'd love to know what the fucking logic is behind that position.