Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest hatem garrincha

The guy will always remain as " the biggest deception of french football since Anelka "  :(

Either that (but in term of disappointment, not "fraud". I personnaly don't think Anelka was a "deception". I think instead he was more gifted than Henry),  or... "the best french footballer since Zidane".

His trajectory so far remind me more Cantona's path before his departure to England. And the latter had his best years between 25 and 30.

I think he'll leave for Arsenal this summer , i'm quite sure . The guy will always remain as " the biggest deception of french football since Anelka "  :(

Fairly certain he won't. They can only have so many of that sort of player and no doubt Ashley would ask more than they would pay.

i like HBA and i'd have him in my team but i'm sick of all the excuses on here for him,  if he's as good a player as people on here make him out to be i shouldn't have to read stuff like

* he'll be fine with a better right back

* he'll be better with a better left back

* he'll be better when he has Ba upfront instead of Shola and Best

* we'll see the best of him when Cheick and Cabaye are alongside him etc etc

Those statements are all probably true but they will also make Obertan and Raylor better players as well.

i like HBA and i'd have him in my team but i'm sick of all the excuses on here for him,  if he's as good a player as people on here make him out to be i shouldn't have to read stuff like

Those statements are all probably true but they will also make Obertan and Raylor better players as well.

:thup:

We've already seen Obertan and Taylor regularly with Tiote, Cabaye and Ba in the same team.  So that excuse doesn't work for those two.

Also people were talking about a new left/right back to allow for a much more attacking player like Ben Arfa.  Something that also doesn't apply to Obertan our Taylor.  Since both are adequate defensively, but not so much going forward.

Here's a true statement, Ryan Taylor gets a goal every 913 minutes and an assist every 456 minutes, Obertan has a goal every 1253 minutes and an assist every 418 minutes, Ben Arfa has a goal every 290 minutes and an assist every 193 minutes.

All are in the league and not cup games.

Here's a true statement, Ryan Taylor gets a goal every 913 minutes and an assist every 456 minutes, Obertan has a goal every 1253 minutes and an assist every 418 minutes, Ben Arfa has a goal every 290 minutes and an assist every 193 minutes.

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/4a/b9/4ab965_515738.jpg

Guest mimifrench

You are totally right, but you just have to mention after all that that he just deserves the same chances to play as the others.

Obertan had his chances (mostof them in the begining) as Ryan Taylor, not sure if Ben arfa had the same...

very good but not sure what that proves,  i've seen every game HBA has played this season so know what he can do hence why i said i'd have him in my team.

You are totally right, but you just have to mention after all that that he just deserves the same chances to play as the others.

Obertan had his chances (mostof them in the begining) as Ryan Taylor, not sure if Ben arfa had the same...

Obertan partly got his chance at the start of the season when HBA got injured pre season causing him to miss the early games of the season and then had to bide his time to get his chance with the team getting off to such a good start. 

very good but not sure what that proves,  i've seen every game HBA has played this season so know what he can do hence why i said i'd have him in my team.

It proves excuses aren't needed to make a case for him playing, excuses are needed to make a case for him not playing.

I still think there is more to it than this player is better so must start.

The manager and coaching staff will see these players in training pretty much every day and see what is better as a group for the team and what type of football we can play as a team. Ben Arfa could possibly move to a better side who can afford to have that sort of player and be a massive success but that doesn't mean he will fit in any side.

Obertan might not be the best player at any one part of the game but his pace and even his lack of willingness to take a gamble might be an advantage in respect of the set up the manager and staff think will get the best results. Raylor obviously plays a more significant role by the fact he is more defensive and will play it simple.

:dontknow:

Efficiency. Or skills if you like.

John Carver has won 100% of the games he has managed in the premier league.

A one off occurrence proves what?

That stats are pretty much worthless over a small sample. How many games has HBA play compared to Raylor for example? and that's not even taking into account how many of those games Raylor has played in defence.

We all know as an out and out attacking player then HBA is the best of the three but this isn't 5-a-side football.

I still think there is more to it than this player is better so must start.

The manager and coaching staff will see these players in training pretty much every day and see what is better as a group for the team and what type of football we can play as a team. Ben Arfa could possibly move to a better side who can afford to have that sort of player and be a massive success but that doesn't mean he will fit in any side.

Obertan might not be the best player at any one part of the game but his pace and even his lack of willingness to take a gamble might be an advantage in respect of the set up the manager and staff think will get the best results. Raylor obviously plays a more significant role by the fact he is more defensive and will play it simple.

:dontknow:

I'm yet to see a valid reason for either Taylor or Obertan playing on the wing in place of Ben Arfa. Taylor did very well for Ba's goal against Villa but I doubt he'd do that again if he played for the rest of the season.

That stats are pretty much worthless over a small sample. How many games has HBA play compared to Raylor for example? and that's not even taking into account how many of those games Raylor has played in defence.

We all know as an out and out attacking player then HBA is the best of the three but this isn't 5-a-side football.

By your reckoning I could flick a coin once and claim that it would always fall the same way.  The time played is based over hundreds of minutes and not one or two.  It is 21 starts for Ryan Taylor, 16 starts for Obertan and 5 starts for Ben Arfa.

Guest mimifrench

But how can you compare Ben arfa to Ryan Taylor??

They've already been liknk up with eachother on the pitch in the past, right?

But taking risks is part of Ben arfa's play. It's mainly when you take "risk"/gamble in a game that you're likely to score more goals than the other side...

For example, if he didn't take that risk again Blackburn in the Cup, you wouldn't maybe/probably have qualified after...