Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Ben Arfa is one of our better players that isnt in danger of being snapped up by other clubs this summer, not as much as the likes of Tiote and Ba anyway, and yet he'll probably be one of the first out the door. What sickens me more is he is being sold while the likes of Obertan stay and start. Pardew hasn't even given Ben Arfa a proper run out on the right of midfield either which makes this even more bizarre.

I can understand not starting him tonight, given our centre mid playing someone who works a bit more has its merits, I can understand not bringing him on when the game is all but lost.

I'll be fucking livid if he doesn't start, injuries permitting, from now till the end of the season with tote and Cabaye back and I don't care if he plays left or right.

I can understand not starting him tonight, given our centre mid playing someone who works a bit more has its merits, I can understand not bringing him on when the game is all but lost.

Obertan is not that player though. There is merit in starting Raylor for those reasons, certainly. But with him out should have been Benny.

Oh well I would loved to have seen what you could have done here but no doubt you will be off in the summer and who could blame you.

We've come full circle and gone back to the same situation as after the Chelsea match :lol:

The situation is beyond baffling for me. If you wanted someone to watch Bale tonight, Jonas was your man, not Obertan. This opens the door for Ben Arfa to have a go at LW and cause some problems. Instead Pardew bottles it and goes with what he thinks is the safe option in Obertan. Who, for me was at fault for several goals today if his role was indeed to track the LB/LW of Spurs.

So half time was the chance to rectify this, we're 4-0 down, may aswell throw the guy on and see if we can salvage some respect. Instead he goes for someone who's far less experienced and in my eyes not as talented in Shane Fergusson, (who I do like and rate btw).

Finally, at 5-0 down and nothing to lose, the decision is made to bring on Gosling. Just cannot understand this at all. My last glimmer of hope is that Pardew wants to wait until Tiote and Cabaye are back so Ben Arfa can truly have a free role and not worry about defending, however I can't see it happening and as such can't see Ben Arfa lasting here. Which is a massive, massive disappointment for me.

End of rant :lol:

I think tonight and the return of Tiote and Cabaye, two home games gets Ben arfa the chance to play with forwards making runs, those are two massive games for his time here. (really though he should play till the end of the season to see )

I think tonight and the return of Tiote and Cabaye, two home games gets Ben arfa the chance to play with forwards making runs, those are two massive games for his time here. (really though he should play till the end of the season to see )

He will be on the bench for the Wolves match and you know it.