Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I'd be interested to see a diagram of all the positions Ben Arfa was in on the field each time he received the ball. I bet most of them were on the edge of his own box, and this is playing as a wide forward.

I'd be interested to see a diagram of all the positions Ben Arfa was in on the field each time he received the ball. I bet most of them were on the edge of his own box, and this is playing as a wide forward.

:(

He's been s*** lately because he's f***ing defending for a full 90 mins so that when he finally gets the ball he's in our own half and shattered

He is basically being asked to be a second full-back, or a defensive winger. it is the equiverlent of playing Ameobi as winger.... oh wait!

wtf do you want HBA to do, when your team is defending and under the cosh from the opposition,

just let HBA run around trying to look busy making no attempt and having no desire to win the ball back? all because " im suppose to be an attacking player"  what kind of excuse is that? 

so players that get played outwide aerent suppose to help out and track back? when the team is under pressure?

and dont forget, when he did have the ball today he did jack s*** with it apart losing it from hogging the ball to long, he had team mates beside him waiting, begging for him to make that simple pass to them.

What did Laurent Robert do "when your team is defending and under the cosh from the opposition"... f*** all. Even Bobby Robson said it was a bit annoying but what he gave us going forward more than made up for it.

Now I'm not for a second suggesting that Ben Arfa should be as lax defending as Robert was, but surely Pardew can find a happy medium in there somewhere?

At the moment he is being completely wasted.

laurent Robert you use him as an example?

Happy medium how?  ok you're Alan Pardew,  and Danny Simpson is getting smashed, pillaged, over-run by 2 lfc players their winger and left leftback.

"Hey dont worry Hatem you just let your 9 outfield teamates run their socks off and get their shorts dirty.  but you boy you just stay up there and wait for the ball to come to you because you're so special, like Laurent Robert under Sir bobby"

do me a favour.

He's been s*** lately because he's f***ing defending for a full 90 mins so that when he finally gets the ball he's in our own half and shattered

He is basically being asked to be a second full-back, or a defensive winger. it is the equiverlent of playing Ameobi as winger.... oh wait!

wtf do you want HBA to do, when your team is defending and under the cosh from the opposition,

just let HBA run around trying to look busy making no attempt and having no desire to win the ball back? all because " im suppose to be an attacking player"  what kind of excuse is that? 

so players that get played outwide aerent suppose to help out and track back? when the team is under pressure?

and dont forget, when he did have the ball today he did jack s*** with it apart losing it from hogging the ball to long, he had team mates beside him waiting, begging for him to make that simple pass to them.

What did Laurent Robert do "when your team is defending and under the cosh from the opposition"... f*** all. Even Bobby Robson said it was a bit annoying but what he gave us going forward more than made up for it.

Now I'm not for a second suggesting that Ben Arfa should be as lax defending as Robert was, but surely Pardew can find a happy medium in there somewhere?

Happy medium how?  ok you're Alan Pardew,  and Danny Simpson is getting smashed, pillaged, over-run by 2 lfc players their left wing leftback.

"Hey dont worry Hatem you just let your 9 outfield teamates run their socks off and get their shorts dirty.  but you boy you just stay up there and wait for the ball to come to you because you're so special, like Laurent Robert under Sir bobby"

do me a favour.

Wasn't he meant to be playing as a wide forward? He shouldn't have to be doing any defending at all from that position.

The main problem is that we shouldn´t be playing so deep. Of course Ben Arfa should defend. But then when we get the ball. Keep it! Attack! We just hoof it and everything starts all over again.

People doesn´t sees any problems with that?

Happy medium how?  ok you're Alan Pardew,  and Danny Simpson is getting smashed, pillaged, over-run by 2 lfc players their left wing leftback.

do me a favour.

We "smash and pillage" their full backs in return. Raheem Sterling has the exact same drawbacks as Ben Arfa does (with a lack of experience to boot). It would help if we pressed from the start and could hold onto the ball for more than 2 passes, like.

do me a favour.

Wasn't he meant to be playing as a wide forward? He shouldn't have to be doing any defending at all from that position.

thats so ridiculous,  wide forward are not allowed  to fall back and defend?  that is exactly what they should do when their own team is under the gun.

4-3-3 automatically becomes 4-5-1 when your team need to defend as wide fowards of the front 3 joins the midfield.  this is not something pardew invented, trust me.

another example, how many times did Demba Ba came back to defend our corners, freekicks etc?  he was in our own box and he successfully cut out more balls than our fullbacks.

so because he's a striker he shouldn't be near our own penalty box,

football is a team game, when you defend you defend as a team.

do me a favour.

A 4-3-3 should turn into a 4-5-1 when defending.  So yes - he should be defending.  No winger should let the opposition full back and winger double up on your own full back.

do me a favour.

A 4-3-3 should turn into a 4-5-1 when defending.  So yes - he should be defending.  No winger should let the opposition full back and winger double up on your own full back.

He was not playing as a winger, that's what I just said.

I can't say I've noticed Hazard, Podolski, Gervinho, Silva, Tevez, Oscar, Walcott or any of the other wide forwards in the Premier League spending most of the game on the edge of their own box doubling up on another team's wide forward, you've obviously been paying more attention than me.

do me a favour.

I can't say I've noticed Hazard, Podolski, Gervinho, Silva, Tevez, Oscar, Walcott or any of the other wide forwards in the Premier League spending most of the game on the edge of their own box doubling up on another team's wide forward, you've obviously been paying more attention than me.

He looked like he was playing as a winger to me?  We weren't playing a system that had 3 forwards and allowed them to do no defending.  I can't think of many teams that do.

do me a favour.

those players you mentioned dont always play out wide, silva, tevez, podolski hazard has had their fair share of games through the centre , as for the others thats on your exclusive list, are players playing in teams that can keep the ball all day long.

we cannot keep the ball. 

the arsenal widemen you mentioned arent exactly great examples considering their modest season they are having so far.

you know at barcelona , there's a little training regime they use,  im sure many would have heard about it.  the 6 second rule.

when they lose the ball , they get 6 seconds to win it back.  this is a team full of individuals just as technical and more even than gifted as HBA,. 

you only have to watch them play live, everyone of their outfield players break their balls to win the ball back, and i wouldn't call them having ten tough tackling individuals, but the hunger is there to win the ball.

ok granted they dont lose the ball that often lol but the point is, all their players regardless of position ,when the ball is lost, they all get busy and commit!

you know at barcelona , there's a little training regime they use,  im sure many would have heard about it.  the 6 second rule.

when they lose the ball , they get 6 seconds to win it back.  this is a team full of individuals just as technical and more even than gifted as HBA,. 

you only have to watch them play live, everyone of their outfield players break their balls to win the ball back, and i wouldn't call them having ten tough tackling individuals, but the hunger is there to win the ball.

ok granted they dont lose the ball that often lol but the point is, all their players regardless of position ,when the ball is lost, they all get busy and commit!

What happens if they dont win it back in 6 seconds?

Tito have them all in the dressing room for lashings, like?

Am I the only one who thinks he looks a yard off the pace? I know what people are saying about him being tired from all of the defending, but in the last 3 or 4 games he seems to be lacking that burst to beat players. Is it just a case of him being up against very quick full backs?

I'm sure he had a better explosive burst in the first few games and second half of last season.

Am I the only one who thinks he looks a yard off the pace? I know what people are saying about him being tired from all of the defending, but in the last 3 or 4 games he seems to be lacking that burst to beat players. Is it just a case of him being up against very quick full backs?

I'm sure he had a better explosive burst in the first few games and second half of last season.

Had the same impression that he is tired.

He's never been rapid, well not since the broken leg. He just has great acceleration and close control but would likely lose in a foot race against most full backs.

Agree though he was noticeably fatigued when chasing liverpool players but still went on a few long sprints in the 2nd half.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Keep seeing him pick the ball up outside our box and run well into their half, that is bound to knacker the shite out of you. Would like to see the runs start at midfield more.