Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Would rather not sell the lad at all to be honest. We should sell Colo while we are at it since he keeps getting injured. Actually Cabaye got injured at the weekend lets sell him, along with Krul. TBH we should have sold Shearer after he got injured preseason in 97.

Dreadful.

Should have eased him in with sub appearances, massive gamble and its backfired.

£25m + Carroll? Yes please.

Early contender!

I still can't get my head around the obsession with a lot of Newcastle fans still bringing his name up about re-signing him. He doesn't lead the life of a professional footballer that I would want at my club, let him waste his career away elsewhere thank you very much.

How can there even be a conversation about selling him? :facepalm:

This. Jesus titty-fucking christ.

Get him fit for next season, add some more quality in the summer and we'll be a canny force once again.

I share the concerns about his injuries and the future re-occurrance of hamstring problems, but talk of selling him is a bit premature.

Not going to lie though, for me this has overshadowed the excitement of playing Benfica.

The sadness I feel knowing I won't see him more is way beyond proportion, he's probably my favourite thing about Newcastle at this moment.

This piece of news completley took away all the joy I felt last night and the excitement of drawing Benfica. It'll pass but this is shit news. Really shit.

Guest icemanblue

Out for the season sounds terrible, but, in fairness, it's only another two months. :lol:

I know he's been out for more than three already, but we all survived. To my knowledge, there have been no deaths directly linked to Hatem withdrawal.

I can understand being excited about a skillful player however he hasn't done much for us since being here and the group of lads that are out there need supporting, might stop all the match thread talk of "wouldn't it be better if Ben Arfa were here" enjoy the team we have and try and put to the back of your mind we have him he seems to be made of glass and I cannot ever see him playing week in week out for us.

Out for the season sounds terrible, but, in fairness, it's only another two months. :lol:

I know he's been out for more than three already, but we all survived. To my knowledge, there have been no deaths directly linked to Hatem withdrawal.

Not sure about that one. There's been a few of our Frenchies MIA. May they all rest in peace. :(

Guest icemanblue

Not sure about that one. There's been a few of our Frenchies MIA. May they all rest in peace. :(

:lol: True. They'll be back. Resurrected, like our saviour, in August.

Hatem be thy name.

2 games in 5/6 months does sound terrible though

Is there any official quotes?

"On Hatem, the news is not so good. Looking at him, I think he's going to need an operation on his hamstring and it'll probably leave him missing for the rest of the year.

"So we've had to absorb that in all the good news that we've had."

Pardew is now resigned to being without Ben Arfa until pre-season and admitted: "I think that's the priority for him now because he's been a huge miss for us.

"He gives us that X factor. In a game like last night, where he could just open the door for us, we haven't got that luxury.

"Unfortunately for Hatem, that's the news he didn't want to hear but as far as we're concerned the team has responded well in his absence and hopefully we do that until the end of the year."

Guest icemanblue

Not really. He's been injured. Another broken leg, or a cruciate, would be worse.

Not really. He's been injured. Another broken leg, or a cruciate, would be worse.

I think that's maybe what I mean he hasn't had a "big" injury this year but still managed to miss most of the season, can already see it before it happens he comes back late preseason gets a game or two to get his fitness up and then pulls or strains something else and the cycle begins he is a technically gifted wonderful player the team time after time has to do without. whether that is related to the players weaknesses or our fitness/coaching staff I cannot really tell.

Gutted about this. If we weren't in the Europa League then it wouldn't be so bad, but we need his magic if we are to stand a chance of winning it.

Of course as a fan it's easy to question how this has happened given it was supposedly just a hamstring injury, but just got to trust that there were people far better qualified than me handling the situation and they were happy enough for him to play at Fulham and Anzi.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

Be lucky to see him this year never mind this season.

I wouldn't trust the NUFC medical staff with a pet rat.

You better throw in the expertise of the Clairefontaine French centre too the, they clearly had as little an idea about the severity of this.

Shit happens, it's a kick in the nuts but some of the over reactions are ridiculous.

Would rather not sell the lad at all to be honest. We should sell Colo while we are at it since he keeps getting injured. Actually Cabaye got injured at the weekend lets sell him, along with Krul. TBH we should have sold Shearer after he got injured preseason in 97.

Aye, because that's the same thing. Ridiculous post.

If his fitness continues as a concern next season then we'd be daft to pay him 60k a week, don't care how good he is. Unless you're telling me that the club will bring in a winger or 2 to compensate, in which case - fine, I'd love to keep him. As it stands we're woefully short in wide positions and a big part of that is that Ben Arfa is hardly ever on the pitch.