Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Dreadfully disappointing all round. Am sure he's devastated.

Was so looking forward to seeing him conjure up his wonderful stuff in the run in.

The only positive is that it's almost certain we'll have him with us next year now.

Time for Marv to really step up and continue his good form, it's really a very big chance for him. For the team he's the only one who can bring anywhere near Hatem's kind of creativity.

Out for the season sounds terrible, but, in fairness, it's only another two months. :lol:

I know he's been out for more than three already, but we all survived. To my knowledge, there have been no deaths directly linked to Hatem withdrawal.

Not sure about that one. There's been a few of our Frenchies MIA. May they all rest in peace. :(

:lol: True. They'll be back. Resurrected, like our saviour, in August.

Hatem be thy name.

:lol: Can't be having this level of sense in here, man.

It's the medical staff we should be looking at again at NUFC.  If they say he's fit, he's fit.

He was fit obviously but are those conditions really the ideal ones for a comeback game? Of course not.

tbf he'd have been training in/on similar conditions/pitch at the training ground.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

Be lucky to see him this year never mind this season.

I wouldn't trust the NUFC medical staff with a pet rat.

You better throw in the expertise of the Clairefontaine French centre too the, they clearly had as little an idea about the severity of this.

"He has only been with us two days after being at Clairefontaine during his rehabilitation. ” “They have handed him over in fantastic condition. I thank them for that"

Hatem Ben Dyer.

You better throw in the expertise of the Clairefontaine French centre too the, they clearly had as little an idea about the severity of this.

"He has only been with us two days after being at Clairefontaine during his rehabilitation. ” “They have handed him over in fantastic condition. I thank them for that"

are you aware of context, for example it's often said thet someone is doing well just after a heart transplant, it doesn't mean they are ready for a marathon, just better than the shape they were in.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Bad luck strikes again. Sometimes a niggle can go away or sometimes it can finish your season. The only positive thing is that Marveaux and Obertan will be able to fight for their places in the starting 11, and even when Benny is  back Pardew will have an excuse to rotate the team and keep everyone happy

Hatem Ben Dyer.

are you aware of context, for example it's often said thet someone is doing well just after a heart transplant, it doesn't mean they are ready for a marathon, just better than the shape they were in.

"fantastic condition" is somewhat better than "doing well". It was only a day or 2 later he was moaning about how unfit he was too btw, while still saying he could be back for the next game.

Guest icemanblue

Marveaux is a good example of how a seemingly innocuous injury can curtail a player's season. He had his op, spent his time recovering, and has come back with little (touch wood) issue.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

"fantastic condition" is somewhat better than "doing well". It was only a day or 2 later he was moaning about how unfit he was too btw, while still saying he could be back for the next game.

Give it a rest, man. I know it's a thread to discuss and debate Hatem ben Arfa, and now his injury, so I'm guessing all that's pretenced it too... but oh my word you're boring.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

Give it a rest, man. I know it's a thread to discuss and debate Hatem ben Arfa, and now his injury, so I'm guessing all that's pretenced it too... but oh my word you're boring.

LOVE it when lurkers call me boring :lol: Another one did it a few weeks ago saying I'd made 1 good post or something.

Put me on ignore, sweetheart.

Doesn't he spend most on his re recuperation at Clairefontaine or what ever is?

Yep. Bit of a concern for me, he's going to end up spending more time in France than Newcastle at this rate. Keeping him happy is a very good thing obviously, but it worries me that we don't see his recovery with our own eyes.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

LOVE it when lurkers call me boring :lol: Another one did it a few weeks ago saying I'd made 1 good post or something.

:lol: Lurker. I just chose to think about what I say (usually). I've read all your chat from the moment you signed up with your hilarious reasoning. You've just gone on and on and on about the same thing for weeks, man. Go outside or something.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

:lol: Lurker. I just chose to think about what I say (usually). I've read all your chat from the moment you signed up with your hilarious reasoning. You've just gone on and on and on about the same thing for weeks, man. Go outside or something.

sounds familiar  :shifty:

Hatem Ben Dyer.

15,417 posts :lol: You've made quite the impact on The Flasher. Back under your rock, lurker.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

15,417 posts :lol: You've made quite the impact on The Flasher. Back under your rock, lurker.

:lol: You shall be remembered as a wise man who's words touched a few, before they went to bed and forgot all about you.

Hatem Ben Dyer.

:lol: You shall be remembered as a wise man who's words touched a few, before they went to bed and forgot all about you.

Which is ironic considering what's just happened but yeah. Please go away.

I was always worried since Pardew said that Hatem didn't have an operation in December. Don't want to criticize anybody but that's the second time we've rushed him back to aggravate an injury which is a bit worrying.

Anyway.. get well soon Hatem!