Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Here's a handy cut out an keep guide to the two Ben Arfa factions:

Fanboys:

Ben Arfa should start every minute of every game regardless of form, opposition or system.

When Ben Arfa is mint, it's down to Ben Arfa. When Ben Arfa is ineffective, its down to the clueless mismanagement of the world's most cowardly football manager.

Haterz:

Would like Ben Arfa to work on his decision making.

Can see the logic of how we are *sometimes* better as a team without him.

Prontonisers : see above post.

Haven't seen that for some time. :lol:

The idea of dropping Gouffran. Ffs :lol:

He's playing well and works his socks off but why is he "undroppable"? You never heard of squad rotation before? It's actually quite common so I'd be surprised if you haven't.

I would "drop" Sissoko at home if we're going to play 4-3-3 like, not Gouffran.

He's our best, most consistent player. Teams generally don't tend to drop those.

What?

He's our best, most consistent player.

Whilst being happy to criticise HBA, that is quite a funny statement! Are you really saying that Gouff for all his work rate etc is our best player?

How many games does he go missing? Where is my criticism of Ben Arfa btw? You'll be going years back to possibly find any criticism from me. Any negative comments on HBAs performances have been placed at the feet of his manager who got him playing perfectly then decided (like he did with Cheick "Essien" Tiote) to change him.

Out of interest to those questioning my comment on Gouffran being our best player, who would you choose? All of our "better" players have had spells of being pretty poor. Remy is the only one I can think of but even he had 5 games without a game and when he isn't scoring he doesn't contribute much.

Gouffran is played out of position pretty much every game but how often are we moaning about his performances? How often isn't he one of out better players?

He's playing well and works his socks off but why is he "undroppable"? You never heard of squad rotation before? It's actually quite common so I'd be surprised if you haven't.

He's our best, most consistent player. Teams generally don't tend to drop those.

What?

Whilst being happy to criticise HBA, that is quite a funny statement! Are you really saying that Gouff for all his work rate etc is our best player?

How many games does he go missing? Where is my criticism of Ben Arfa btw? You'll be going years back to possibly find any criticism from me. Any negative comments on HBAs performances have been placed at the feet of his manager who got him playing perfectly then decided (like he did with Cheick "Essien" Tiote) to change him.

Out of interest to those questioning my comment on Gouffran being our best player, who would you choose? All of our "better" players have had spells of being pretty poor. Remy is the only one I can think of but even he had 5 games without a game and when he isn't scoring he doesn't contribute much.

Gouffran is played out of position pretty much every game but how often are we moaning about his performances? How often isn't he one of out better players?

What about today? What did Gouffran do today?

Pardew should have stood by Hatem's performance v Stoke, shown him some loyalty and picked him from the off.

Benching him again would have been confusing for the player, who has waited for his chance for a while now, and not good management.

Today it was back to desperately trying to make an impression as a bit part, and it showed.

He won't thrive under this manager now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'll want to be off somewhere else next season.

What?

What about today? What did Gouffran do today?

One game, you're just lucky I couldn't possibly point out the one game any of our other players have been poor, you cheeky bugger!  :knuppel2:

His performances the last two matches perfectly exemplify the issues some have with Ben Arfa. Arguably at his best against Stoke because he was creating chances without taking needless risks. Today, when we needed a goal, he reverted to making those runs that prove so detrimental to overall team play. Needs to stop taking the team on his shoulders when we're down, because he's not good enough to win matches on his own.

Pardew should have stood by Hatem's performance v Stoke, shown him some loyalty and picked him from the off.

Benching him again would have been confusing for the player, who has waited for his chance for a while now, and not good management.

Today it was back to desperately trying to make an impression as a bit part, and it showed.

He won't thrive under this manager now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'll want to be off somewhere else next season.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

His performances the last two matches perfectly exemplify the issues some have with Ben Arfa. Arguably at his best against Stoke because he was creating chances without taking needless risks. Today, when we needed a goal, he reverted to making those runs that prove so detrimental to overall team play. Needs to stop taking the team on his shoulders when we're down, because he's not good enough to win matches on his own.

His runs worked today

His runs worked today

Clearly.

Good comments. Don't think he will renew his contract. Pardew don't know how to incorporate him in his lineup.

His runs worked today

Clearly.

They did. He beat his man every time and won corners.

Although I do (violently) disagree that those runs are detrimental to the team's overall play I do agree that he needs to stop trying to win games by himself. He only tends to do that though when he's brought on pretty much to do that. We know and Pardew know exactly what he's going to do when he comes on. 9 times out of 10 he'll skin the fullback and either come inside on his left foot and try to score a thunderbastard, or he'll drop one short from the byline to anyone making a run to the 6 yard box.

He isn't involved in game plan any other way, that's what he's brought on to do. He's far more patient with the ball when he's allowed to see a game out from the start and is likely instructed to be so. That's why I find it baffling that Marveaux never makes a cameo now and then when we need a goal.

His runs worked today

Clearly.

A clear example of "if he doesn't score a goal or assist in his limited pitch time he's failed"

This is genuinely baffling to me, hence me rambling on like a cock end in this thread.

Although I do (violently) disagree that those runs are detrimental to the team's overall play I do agree that he needs to stop trying to win games by himself. He only tends to do that though when he's brought on pretty much to do that. We know and Pardew know exactly what he's going to do when he comes on. 9 times out of 10 he'll skin the fullback and either come inside on his left foot and try to score a thunderbastard, or he'll drop one short from the byline to anyone making a run to the 6 yard box.

He isn't involved in game plan any other way, that's what he's brought on to do. He's far more patient with the ball when he's allowed to see a game out from the start and is likely instructed to be so. That's why I find it baffling that Marveaux never makes a cameo now and then when we need a goal.

It's frightening that you even have to spend the time typing that out, it's so fucking obvious.

How many times has Pardew talked about getting to 60-70 minutes and then putting the "magic" on? Yet the fans who support this type of gameplan also seem to want that "magic" to consist of either sensible passes backwards, or clipping it into Shola from the halfway line.

His runs worked today

Clearly.

A clear example of "if he doesn't score a goal or assist in his limited pitch time he's failed"

This is genuinely baffling to me, hence me rambling on like a cock end in this thread.

Not what I was suggesting, but I do think he negates our other players when he takes things on his shoulders. Even if he does have limited success doing so.

It wasn't his worst game, but if he had played more patiently, I think we would've had more chances.