Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Killuminati

Ben Arfa was excellent today and i wanted him to score so badly! Yes stoke were down to 9 man, but Ben Arfa was lika a tornado and deserves all the credit. He"s the only player who makes you connected and hypnotized when having the ball. When he looses the ball, you wish it was someone else who losed the ball...when he makes the rabbit magic happen, you are smiling and hoping Pardew realises what moron he is for not playing him. Its so much feelings about Ben Arfa when being on the pitch. The Last player that i can remeber who had this impact on me was Laurent Robert.

To be fair I'm unusure if Pardew can be called a moron for dropping him when we won so many points without him (with sissoko beasting ben arfa's position frequently).

I think Pardew should have found space in the team for him, he's clearly the most gifted player we have, but you can't argue with the run imo.

Really glad he's showed his class though, hopefully now we can find a way to include him from now on.

Guest Killuminati

To be fair I'm unusure if Pardew can be called a moron for dropping him when we won so many points without him (with sissoko beasting ben arfa's position frequently).

I think Pardew should have found space in the team for him, he's clearly the most gifted player we have, but you can't argue with the run imo.

Really glad he's showed his class though, hopefully now we can find a way to include him from now on.

Im not against the points made with Arfa being on the bench in previous games.  Its just hard to watch such talent being wasted on the bench and hopefully after todays show he will get another chance against Arsenal. We will need his pace and skills against Wengers team. I would drop Anita, with cabaye and tiote in the middle. Sissoko on the right, Gouff on the left and Ben Arfa having the "free role" to move where ever he feels like.

I've said before but if he's playing in a 'central role' on paper he really needs to be doing what Suarez is and moving into wide positions to receive the ball and stretching the defense, he needs to learn to take advantage of defenders trying to crowd him out and drag them out of shape.

Guest Killuminati

Yea your right and thats the problem with him. He has wasted away a couple of that "free role" appareances. He gets losed in the no mans land. But i would still gamble on him to play that role on sunday.

Magical today, the whole game

nope. good in the first 15mins or so, then faded like the rest of the team, again poor off the ball (not his defending but fuck me if he had half debuchys movement!!!!), then like the rest of the team looked good against 9 men.

I wouldn't start him against Arsenal.

nope. good in the first 15mins or so, then faded like the rest of the team, again poor off the ball (not his defending but f*** me if he had half debuchys movement!!!!), then like the rest of the team looked good against 9 men.

Dog s*** post, sorry man but that's utter drivel

because he looked so dangerous through most of the first half ?

because he was always open and creating space ?

don't get me wrong, he didn't have a bad game, just he only turned it on when they were down to 9 and stretched.

nope. good in the first 15mins or so, then faded like the rest of the team, again poor off the ball (not his defending but fuck me if he had half debuchys movement!!!!), then like the rest of the team looked good against 9 men.

Pardew got it wrong for me in the first half and he as much said that in the presser, or not (however you wnt to interperet), he should have had sissoko on the right and Benny in a nº10 role or very advanced midfield role. He changed the whole sides momentum and shouldn't havve...

Pardew got it wrong for me in the first half and he as much said that in the presser, or not (however you wnt to interperet), he should have had sissoko on the right and Benny in a nº10 role or very advanced midfield role. He changed the whole sides momentum and shouldn't havve...

i'm pretty sure the idea was that between remy and anita they'd be very fluid, gouffran was, cabaye and sissoko did a bit but were often stuck not knowing who should go or stay, ben arfa just stayed wide. honestly don't think it was tactics, especially as remy started hitting the wide right route up against their left back.

i'm pretty sure the idea was that between remy and anita they'd be very fluid, gouffran was, cabaye and sissoko did a bit but were often stuck not knowing who should go or stay, ben arfa just stayed wide. honestly don't think it was tactics, especially as remy started hitting the wide right route up against their left back.

You are right saying we were often stuck with players not knowing who should go or stay... Nobody looked comfortable attacking and that showed as we had very little effort on goal first half, probably being down to out of position and tactics.

I really think it is that simple as 4411, with the two forwards very free and roaming. Everybody should be tactically correct when defending as it is that simple if you have a clear message. Today just seemed "out of synch"??

Guest hatem garrincha

nope. good in the first 15mins or so, then faded like the rest of the team, again poor off the ball (not his defending but f*** me if he had half debuchys movement!!!!), then like the rest of the team looked good against 9 men.

Debuchy's movement ?  Come on Madras, it's not exceptional to see a (attacking) full back moving along the line.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

Shoulder barged the linesman :lol:

I was at the match with a couple of family members who are Everton fans. I spent the day leading up to the match talking about Ben Arfa and telling them how lucky they were to see him. I was as smug as Pards at full time.

How would the older posters say he compares in terms of pure natural talent to Beardsley and Gascoigne?

hard to compare as beradsley/gascoigne were much more central, ben arfa, for me can only be a wide man or one of two off a front man (essentially still exploiting the width).

techinique he is as good, they were footballers, he's a technician I suppose.

Debuchy's movement ?  Come on Madras, it's not exceptional to see a (attacking) full back moving along the line.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

theres was an occasion in the first half today when debuchy held a line outside their full back, started, ball never came, came back, went again, ball never came, onside all the time holding a perfect position for the ball inside the full back. think back to his movement at old trafford for the pass from remy, but today the pass didn't come. if ben arfa had that vision off the ball he'd be a diffreent sort of messi.

I can remember at least 6 or 7 great things he did in the first half. Mostly they were killer balls or crosses.

seriously ? not just benny put a ball therefore it's a killer ball. from the first half I remember one great N'zogbis cross by which it was a great cross even though he had time to see thgere was no one there but still done it.

bizarrely in the second half they still put two on him but his psychology had changed and he was free in his mind.

still wouldn't start him on sunday like.

How would the older posters say he compares in terms of pure natural talent to Beardsley and Gascoigne?

The big difference for me is that the two you mention were much more relaxed on the pitch, Ben Arfa always strikes me as a player who feels he has to do everything on his own and is always playing under pressure.

I'm not sure he has the level of self confidence that the other two had but he's got the skills to match them.

Dog s*** post, sorry man but that's utter drivel

because he looked so dangerous through most of the first half ?

because he was always open and creating space ?

don't get me wrong, he didn't have a bad game, just he only turned it on when they were down to 9 and stretched.

Created the only opportunities we had with two good balls, had a shot. Who was good in the first half? I can not believe after today people are picking holes in his performance. Ludicrous

Nobody's picking holes in his performance anymore than people are rewriting history. He did go quiet most of the first half, along with the rest of them. But he was shit hot after the sending offs