Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

At the end of the day he hasn't shown enough in any of his starts to warrant a regular spot in the starting line-up.

That's just utter drivel though isn't it?

How?

Forest in the CC - was average

Blackburn in the CC - was poor

Man City - showed glimpses/good

Man Utd- showed glimpses/good

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn in the FA Cup - MOTM

QPR (came on in the 24th minute) - virtually invisible

Fulham - virtually invisible

Brighton - virtually invisible

Blackburn - poor

Guest neesy111

At the end of the day he hasn't shown enough in any of his starts to warrant a regular spot in the starting line-up.

How?

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn - poor

Obertan.

Scored v Blackburn.

Every other game = shite.

Also you talking shite, he changed the game v QPR for starters.

Daft bint next to me went 'Awww hey, you don't like him do you?', in response to me saying 'He's finally putting Ben Arfa on'.

She called him the 'laziest ratbag' shes ever seen or something along those lines. Incredible.

The lazy tag just goes to show what effect propaganda from the manager can have. I've honestly never watched him once and thought he was lazy. Losing possession cheaply at times and holding onto the ball too long are all valid criticisms (almost always in positions like yesterday where he's given twenty minutes to win the game cos no f***er else will) but the lazy thing, I simply do not get. Robert was lazy, I loved him and didn't care, but I could freely admit that workrate wasn't up there as an attribute. Ben Arfa? I simply don't see it.

Same here Wullie, everytime he loses the ball, he works his bollocks off to track back. He is not gonna put in a perfect sliding tackle and win the ball back but at the very least he does prevent the attacking player from making much progress. Case in point was when he (stupidly) lost the ball in our own half and went right down to right back position to cover the player.

I absolutely hate it when our fans have this dualism of if you are skilful, you must be lazy shit and it's really down to the vibes that Pardew has been airing. I appreciate what Pardew has done to get us into our current position, but man management wise, I can't help but feel that his treatment of HBA is the exact same thing that Souness did to Robert. You can see yesterday HBA's desperation to do well and how he's lost quite a bit of confidence to just skip by a player. He was really pissed off at himself the few times he dribbled the ball out but here's the thing, no other fucker was trying to win us the game!

How?

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn - poor

Obertan.

Scored v Blackburn.

Yeah wait, I was wrong about the QPR game (had the wrong game in my head), but right about all of the others so I'm talking shite? :lol:

Obertan doesn't start anymore so that argument is irrelevant.

Guest neesy111

Invisible against QPR when his introduction transformed the game. Invisible against Fulham when he scored. :lol:

If he's invisible then what is Raylor and Obertan? :lol:

Invisible against QPR when his introduction transformed the game. Invisible against Fulham when he scored. :lol:

Was wrong about the QPR game but just because he scored it doesn't mean he was good against Fulham.

The whole team was rubbish that day, him included.

Guest neesy111

How?

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn - poor

Obertan.

Scored v Blackburn.

Yeah wait, I was wrong about the QPR game (had the wrong game in my head), but right about all of the others so I'm talking shite? :lol:

On that logic then every game in history is irrelevant.

Ryan Taylor has had a better season that Ben Arfa by a considerable distance.

I wish people could view things more objectively.

Invisible against QPR? Was he fuck. He scored against fulham with a good goal and was very tidy in possession in the first half, he really contributed to the neat game we played. god knows what changed at half time but our defence collapsed.

Also what a bizzare statement Michael F. Imagine if they scored when Jonas gave it away in the corner, or when Guthrie misplaced his passes time after time, or from the goal kick from Cabaye's weak shot... he came on and tried to impress because he knos the management don't rate him enough (or believe in him) to start. He came on and nearly scored. I think normally he would score those as well because of his sheer ability when he's his normal relaxed self. I hate to think of people turning on flair, bet you'd prefer Ryan Taylor's grafting eh?

Yeah wait, I was wrong about the QPR game (had the wrong game in my head), but right about all of the others so I'm talking s****? :lol:

Obertan started the game before last.  :lol:

Aye, and Raylor had been given time. What about Ben Arfa?

Guest neesy111

Apart from his good start to the season, Raylor has been unbelievably average and a liability at times.

Guest michaelfoster

Shearmagic,

Unfortunately with some people on here he can not do anything wrong.

If he plays well - OMG he is the best player ever

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

If you made a list like that for the entire squad and chalked off everyone who'd had a few poor games, you literally wouldn't be able to put a team out by the end of it.

Ben Arfa has had 4 or 5 poor games from quite a small sample size.

I could find 4 or 5 poor games from everybody else, but it's from more games than the 8 or so that Ben Arfa has started.

He's played at left back for 90% of it yet you say he should be on the right wing. ???

Krul's had a better season too, better hoy him in midfield.

Looney tunes.

Guest hatem garrincha

Anyway, for those who've known/followed Ben arfa for a long time, it always has been the same situation with him in every clubs he went to. It has been continuously, repeteadly, endlessly the same situation : in the end in Lyon, during 2 years in Marseille and now in Newcastle. Really thought after all that (and his injury) he would have found his happiness in Newcastle and play regularly, every weekend in front of more than 50 000 enthousiast and football lovers fans...

But no, after all those years, he's still at the same point : on the bench most of the time, fighting to have a start and sadest thing among all, given a 20-30 minutes cameo to prove himself and then if he didn't, it would give THE excuse to the coach not playing him and THE excuse to his detractors to say "You see, that's why he didn't deserve a start!"...

Sometimes, often, you just want to shout at him: "What the f*** are you doing here! Wake up! Prove them they were wrong! Train even harder than the others if it's needed, spend your entire day/night working hard to not let the choice to the manager to make you play!"

He's 24 now, well 25 in March so he has wasted so much time. I fear he won't do the career he would have deserved and he'll regret it after. :(

Like someone said, gold in feet but nothing in the brain...

His situation at Newcastle have been completely different than previous stories in France.

He hasn't been in situation yet to even show that he's not the same player/man.

I'm convinced for my part that he can  be THE big hit at NUFC. He's not even at the age of Cantona's best days. Both have very similar profiles (big natural  talent, difficulties to succeed in France, relationships problems with managers - we all remember the '"you're a load of shit" adressed by Cantona to Henri Michel, national french team manager in 1988 - then a new and great career in England for Eric )

I really think it's an error to explain his current difficulties in the light of his past. It's also too easy for his detractors.

Guest neesy111

Shearmagic,

Unfortunately with some people on here he can not do anything wrong.

If he plays well - OMG he is the best player ever

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

:idiot2: