Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Sigh.

Granted he is completely 1 footed and is therefore not in my opinion suited at all to playing right on the touchline on the right wing. Ba looked cattled and i was expecting HBA to come on and play up front with Cisse but it was Cisse who came off holding his groin. I'd have played HBA up front with Ba and brought Obertan on to play on the right when the substitutions were made.

Still think he was poor but amongst it showed a couple of flashes of skill. he's a very frustrating player and seems to have been elevated to god like status by some on here as with every game he doesn't play his reputation seems to get better and better whereas when he does play i fail to see what all the fuss is about as he had no impact at all really today.

He was undoubtedly poor today, aside from that one shot which narrowly missed. Ran the ball out of play on three or four occasions, decision-making was horrible and mostly looked rusty as fuck.

Funny that.

I thought he was s*** today and proved why he's not getting a game.

Please explain in more detail.

Because he didn't come on, skin 17 players and score a wonder goal.

FWIW I thought he played well today. Not brilliant, but well. Looked lively, wanted the ball and ran at defenders. Fair enough he lost it a few times, but c'est la vie when you've got a player who's in the team to create with his skill. He's still the most creative player we've got by a substantial distance.

What did Ryan Taylor do to justify him starting ahead of Ben Arfa then?

in the first half he pressed the ball well, he delivered some good balls into the box (one in paricular to Jonas who i thought was onside was class) and also made some good runs which took him beyond our forwards which is something our midfield seems reluctant to do.

Virtually everyone was shit in the 2nd half mind.

I thought he was shit today and proved why he's not getting a game.

Our only chances in the second half came from HBA.

Don't get me wrong, he was piss in parts but then he's hardly the type of player to excel in the role he's been given - coming off the bench for a few minutes to rescue a point. He needs a proper run in the side.

Don't get me wrong, he was piss in parts but then he's hardly the type of player to excel in the role he's been given - coming off the bench for a few minutes to rescue a point. He needs a proper run in the side.

He didn't come on to rescue a point though we were winning when he came on.

Don't get me wrong, he was p*ss in parts but then he's hardly the type of player to excel in the role he's been given - coming off the bench for a few minutes to rescue a point. He needs a proper run in the side.

Piss off man!! They scored a swcond after he came on. He created two chances on his own. I can remember him iving the balll away twice. What did Raylor give that HBA didnt? Please answer this question.

You kna' what I meant, and the point is still entirely relevant. You can't give some cunt 20 minutes to prove their worth, especially when they're in the position he is. He gives the impression of someone trying a bit too hard, which doesn't shock me when he was effectively relegated to the reserves for an average half against Blackburn (despite the fact Obertan has made a mockery of our shirt since he arrived). Pardew's man management of certain players leaves a lot to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, he was p*ss in parts but then he's hardly the type of player to excel in the role he's been given - coming off the bench for a few minutes to rescue a point. He needs a proper run in the side.

Piss off man!! They scored a swcond after he came on. He created two chances on his own. I can remember him iving the balll away twice. What did Raylor give that HBA didnt? Please answer this question.

I already have, see above. We were winning when he came on but it wasn't his fault we conceded. I thought taylor had a decent game and retained possession a lot better than HBA did.

p*ss off man!! They scored a swcond after he came on. He created two chances on his own. I can remember him iving the balll away twice. What did Raylor give that HBA didnt? Please answer this question.

I already have, see above. We were winning when he came on but it wasn't his fault we conceded. I thought taylor had a decent game and retained possession a lot better than HBA did.

But I can only think of two times he gave the ball away? In 30 minutes. In that same time, he nearly scored twice. Are you purposely looking to have a pop at him?

When you're about to defend a set piece against a physical side, Hatem Ben Arfa is just the man to bring on.

What a fucking stupid time to make subs. Jesus. :lol:

They were stripped and ready to come for a good couple of minutes before that free kick though. We had possession for ages with them waiting to come on without doing a lot with it and then should have a had a free kick to us as jonas was fouled immediately before Tiote was adjudged to have fouled their player to give away the free kick that led to the goal. instead of pissing about with the ball while they were waiting to come on (in view of the fact they were coming on to replace injured players) we should have lumped it into one of the corners to put it out for a throw in order to make the changes.

Some people just don't like flair players, plain and simple. It was the same with Robert, constant arguments with people who simply don't understand the game at the top level where ability is by far the most important attribute.

p*ss off man!! They scored a swcond after he came on. He created two chances on his own. I can remember him iving the balll away twice. What did Raylor give that HBA didnt? Please answer this question.

But I can only think of two times he gave the ball away? In 30 minutes. In that same time, he nearly scored twice. Are you purposely looking to have a pop at him?

Not in the slightest. i accept he isn't a right winger and shouldn't play there but i still don't think he played well.

Young kid behind me was actually ridiculously doing his nut with him for not hitting the target with the couple of shots he had!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people just don't like flair players, plain and simple. It was the same with Robert, constant arguments with people who simply don't understand the game at the top level where ability is by far the most important attribute.

I loved Laurent Robert though, i don't think HBA is anywhere near as good as Robert.

those discussions about robert seem utterly absurd looking back now.

And bellamy as well. can't believe people backed souness.  :jesuswept:

I loved Laurent Robert though, i don't think HBA is anywhere near as good as Robert.

If he was working under a manager with the same mentality as Robson he'd be proven to be every bit as good. I'm sure of that.

Plus in France they would call it absurd to be even comparing them both.

those discussions about robert seem utterly absurd looking back now.

And bellamy as well. can't believe people backed souness.  :jesuswept:

They were always daft even without hindsight.

Watch the season reviews around then, Robert was a fucking machine.

They're both French, ergo they're exactly the same. Should know that.

HBA hasn't been given the same chance that Robert was, then again Pardew isn't Sir Bob.

HBA is more talented than Robert ever was. but he's not found a way to be as effective in this league as Robert was at his explosive peak. I also think HBA, even playing as he is now with a few mins now and again, gets involved in the general flow of the game a little bit more than Robert often did.