Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Another who has bought Pardew's propaganda rather than actually grasping the situation occuring.

The idea that he's a lazy player is complete and utter guff.

Well it's not, because I've seen it through my own eyes whilst being objective about things and not just :fwap:ing about him because I'm a fanboi

You've seen the game against Blackburn at home in the cup through your own eyes?

Use one game as an example?

K.

Have you seen it or not?

Another who has bought Pardew's propaganda rather than actually grasping the situation occuring.

Well it's not, because I've seen it through my own eyes whilst being objective about things and not just :fwap:ing about him because I'm a fanboi

You've seen the game against Blackburn at home in the cup through your own eyes?

K.

Have you seen it or not?

Yes, and it's the only time that I've thought.. 'okay, he might not be lazy'.

And then he let himself down by being lazy again.

Lazy!? :mackems:

It's ridiculous man. I guess people are expecting him to play as a second fullback or something. Just because he's not an excellent defensive player he is suddenly lazy.

Fuck me there comes a point when you can't just have 11 players on the pitch who can defend. At the top level the ultimate attribute is natural skill, that's why it's worth so much fucking money. Human capital.

Guest neesy111

Demba Ba's had a better season than Coloccini, think we've found our new centre half lads.

You're clutching at straws now.

Your argument is flawed because you just viewing the situation with your own rules.

and you're not? :lol:

You've said Obertan is irrelevant in the argument, so you making your own rules up.

K.

Have you seen it or not?

:lol:

Fair play, must have cost you a few quid to come from Australia for a cup game.

Pray tell me what you have seen with your own eyes that shows to you that he is lazy. You know that HBA is not wearing 23 right. Just a few examples would do

Shearmagic,

Unfortunately with some people on here he can not do anything wrong.

If he plays well - OMG he is the best player ever

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

I actually agree with all of this. I still don't tink Hatem has been as ineffective as people are making out though. He's been equally as effective as Ryan Taylor and / or Obertan in an tacking sense. Ryan Taylor has contributed most in a defensive sense. Hatem is the most talented of the three though. I don't think anyone can actually 100% wholeheartedly disagree with that.

Yeah but people are suggesting that we play a player that has little or no defensive abilities in front of Danny Simpson, who himself has little or no defensive abilities.

Sounds like a solid idea...

In front of Simpson...I don't think anyone suggested that.

Anyways, I'm on your side to a degree, I hate this whole bumming of Ben Arfa when some of our less able players get slaughtered even though they've been equally as important this season. It's wrong that any Newcastle player comes on and gets ridiculed or moaned at before they even do owt wrong. The ones yesterday for Hatem were more of a frustration at the team than him, mind.

Nevertheless, Ben Arfa isn't and hasn't been shit, he just hasn't been as effective as he may have been if he had been given more game time and / or starts.

Why not play RT at right back? Just a thought like. :lol:

Well that's what should happen, but it won't.

Why?????

Because Pardew will never drop Simpson.

K.

Have you seen it or not?

It did, about $5k or so.

At the end of the day he hasn't shown enough in any of his starts to warrant a regular spot in the starting line-up.

That's just utter drivel though isn't it?

How?

Forest in the CC - was average

Blackburn in the CC - was poor

Man City - showed glimpses/good

Man Utd- showed glimpses/good

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn in the FA Cup - MOTM

QPR (came on in the 24th minute) - virtually invisible

Fulham - virtually invisible

Brighton - virtually invisible

Blackburn - poor

I dont know if its my bias or if you are utterly crap at watching and analysing football. But against QPR when he came on we controlled the game. We were utter shite for the first 20mins until he came on, we then scored and were shite again. Against Fulham any creativity or anything positive came from him and him only along with Guthrie. He scored and had  an assist. His three worst game has come in three of four cup matches. He has been our best player on the pitch offensively for 4 or 5 games. (two of them against the leagues top team).

Im sorry but I dont buy this he hasnt been good enough, because he probably has a higher percentage of good games than anyone in this squad bar Krul, Colo and Ba. 

K.

Have you seen it or not?

It did, about $5k or so.

What position did he play in that game mate?

Guest hatem garrincha

At the end of the day he hasn't shown enough in any of his starts to warrant a regular spot in the starting line-up.

How?

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn - poor

QPR is the best game I've seen him play in a Newcastle shirt (I didn't see Blackburn in Cup)

Shearmagic,

Unfortunately with some people on here he can not do anything wrong.

If he plays well - OMG he is the best player ever

If he plays bad - Its all Pardew's fault, it was the tactics, it was the other 10 players, he's not fit, pardew has mismanaged him, he forgot to have his weatabix this morning, he did nothing wrong and its not his fault.

Its getting to the point where as soon as someone says anything negative about him they get jumped on.

I actually agree with all of this. I still don't tink Hatem has been as ineffective as people are making out though. He's been equally as effective as Ryan Taylor and / or Obertan in an tacking sense. Ryan Taylor has contributed most in a defensive sense. Hatem is the most talented of the three though. I don't think anyone can actually 100% wholeheartedly disagree with that.

Yeah but people are suggesting that we play a player that has little or no defensive abilities in front of Danny Simpson, who himself has little or no defensive abilities.

Sounds like a solid idea...

In front of Simpson...I don't think anyone suggested that.

Anyways, I'm on your side to a degree, I hate this whole bumming of Ben Arfa when some of our less able players get slaughtered even though they've been equally as important this season. It's wrong that any Newcastle player comes on and gets ridiculed or moaned at before they even do owt wrong. The ones yesterday for Hatem were more of a frustration at the team than him, mind.

Nevertheless, Ben Arfa isn't and hasn't been shit, he just hasn't been as effective as he may have been if he had been given more game time and / or starts.

Well, I haven't been meaning to come across on the side of 'Ben Arfa' has been/is shit.

He has been very poor in some games, invisible in others and brilliant at times in others, but it's not consistent enough and he doesn't deserve to be an automatic selection.

I don't think he's an automatic selection like 99% of the idiots on here, and I'm able to see when he does things wrong and what his weaknesses are, again, something that apparently 99% of the idiots on here aren't able to do.

He's also not the next Maradona, which apparently most people think he is. He has weaknesses, many of them.

How?

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn - poor

QPR is the best game I've seen him play in a Newcastle shirt (I didn't see Blackburn in Cup)

Aye dont listen to him, he is clueless. And pulls the general he is not Maradona which no one has ever said or come close to suggest.

How?

Chelsea - was poor

Blackburn - poor

Aye dont listen to him, he is clueless. And pulls the general he is not Maradona which no one has ever said or come close to suggest.

How many times do I have to post that I got the QPR game wrong? I was thinking of the Brighton game when I wrote that.

Might go modify that post.