Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Pardew is preparing Newcastle to face Spurs in Saturday's early game, but Hatem Ben Arfa won’t be back until the Southampton game on February 24.

“He is genuinely sick and has missed four or five days work on the training ground," explained the manager.

“He has a good chance of being available for Southampton. But he is doubtful for the two European games when we initially thought he would be involved in those.

“Ben Arfa gives us something we don’t otherwise have in the squad. You cannot get away from that.

"He can ghost past people as if they are not there as he has shown in certain situations and his work rate has improved dramatically so that he has become a major function for us.

"So I am really looking forward to seeing him back.”

Pardew is preparing Newcastle to face Spurs in Saturday's early game, but Hatem Ben Arfa won’t be back until the Southampton game on February 24.

“He is genuinely sick and has missed four or five days work on the training ground," explained the manager.

“He has a good chance of being available for Southampton. But he is doubtful for the two European games when we initially thought he would be involved in those.

“Ben Arfa gives us something we don’t otherwise have in the squad. You cannot get away from that.

"He can ghost past people as if they are not there as he has shown in certain situations and his work rate has improved dramatically so that he has become a major function for us.

Damn.. :(

think he is only doubtful for the 2 Europa games as the first one will come too quick and they would have kept him here anyway to be fresh for the Southampton game.

Guest VanBarduck
He can ghost past people as if they are not
How many times I've read this expression used to describe Ben Arfa...first time back in 1999

when he arrived at Clairefontaine Academy. This boy is truly blessed by the Gods . Hope he can stay free from injuries and have the career he deserve .

think he is only doubtful for the 2 Europa games as the first one will come too quick and they would have kept him here anyway to be fresh for the Southampton game.

Possibly, but these games are important to our season, and Ben Arfa may well need the playing time to get his match fitness back up. Would be a real shame if he wasn't involved at all in the two Metalist matches.

Some more informations from the 10Sport about "the arsenal rumor" First : the price : the article says that Newcastle will not sell under 25 Millions + Hatem would not have a relegation clause in his contract (I don't believe it but...).

The article says also that we are already in discussion to sign a new contract.

Some more informations from the 10Sport about "the arsenal rumor" First : the price : the article says that Newcastle will not sell under 25 Millions + Hatem would not have a relegation clause in his contract (I don't believe it but...).

The article says also that we are already in discusson to sign a new contract.

Good stuff :thup:

Imagine if we actually convinced him to extend it!!! I dont expect him to but his personality isnt exactly normal - he's a maverick. I personally can't wait for him to get back in the team because - after Shearer - he's probably the best player I've ever seen play for us. An absolute delight to watch.

I'll say, if we finish on a high note this season and he's really enjoying his football. I think he'll sign another deal with us.  He loves us as fans and this January will have been a massive massive boost for him that we've the ambition he asked for. Prior to his comments we had thought we had Remy and just Debuchy. A week later and we signed 5 more and won 2 matches in a row, 1 being Chelsea which would have made a lad like him real happy to see.

HATEM Ben Arfa is still on track to make his long-awaited comeback at the end of this month despite being laid low by an illness.

The Frenchman has been struck down for the past week with a mystery virus, which meant he was forced to cancel an event in Paris yesterday where he was due to launch a charity.

And this means Ben Arfa will miss both of Newcastle United’s Europa League ties against Metalist Kharkiv.

However, while this has set back the Magpies’ inspirational No 10, Alan Pardew remains hopeful that the playmaker will be back in the squad to face Southampton in the Premier League on February 24.

The Newcastle United manager said: “Hatem is genuinely sick and has missed four or five days’ work on the training ground.

“He has a good chance of being available for Southampton, but is doubtful for the two European games. We initially thought he would be involved in those.”

Liverpool were this week linked with a move for Ben Arfa, a story that originally emerged from the Merseyside media. “To be honest, that comes and goes, I get it all the time. I have not really thought about it,” said Pardew.

“He can ghost past people as if they are not there, as he has shown in certain situations, and his workrate has improved dramatically so that he has become a major function for us.

“So I am really looking forward to seeing him back.”

Guest VanBarduck

Oscillococinum on medical prescription and he's fit for Metalist first game lol , the main problem when a footballer is sick is that most of medical drugs are blacklisted by Uefa , but this one should be ok . Get well soon Hatem