Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

The French word "culte" doesn't have quite the same derogatory meaning that the English "cult" has in common parlance. He might have been lost on translation here.

What I read on here doesn't look like Sufism at all though (granted, I have only met a couple Sufis in my life), looks like he was misled.

The French word "culte" doesn't have quite the same derogatory meaning that the English "cult" has in common parlance. He might have been lost on translation here.

What I read on here doesn't look like Sufism at all though (granted, I have only met a couple Sufis in my life), looks like he was misled.

L'Equipe have him down as using the word "secte" although in a "it was like a sect" way.

Reading it over again... The name dropping is pretty bad tbh :lol:

Did Adb Al Malik and his manager try to take advantage of you?

- "Yes, they indoctrinated me at a time when I was very vulnerable. Put the Sheikh on a pedestal, telling me that everyone who went against Sufism were enemies. They were conditioning me."

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

"Now we can no longer deceive myself. Besides, if I talk about this story today because it gives me nothing. And if it can warn other people ... because I could go into a kind of cult, a person known me! "

One of the Guardian's football jouronos tweeted this earlier:

@Paul_Doyle Paul Doyle

Strange development here, as rapper apparently launches legal proceedings against Hatem Ben Arfa after L'Equipe int/v: tinyurl.com/6t34e5n

Can one of our lovely French posters please shed some light on this?

HBA nearly quit football to become part of a Muslim cult - Sufism iirc and that it was a French rapper (Malik I think he was called) and his manager, that got him into it. His ego was too big to kiss the leader's feet though, so he left, it was part of his interview yesterday. Interesting lad, eh?

Searching for a father-figure. Told you.  ;)

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

but it is an old story that many people knew in Marseille

And that's why he is alleged his poor attendance

illuminated the rapper will withdraw its complaint

Hatem has just shattered the myth of rapper shows, became the bond of Islam informed the suburbs in the eyes of the intelligentsia.

Hatem has just shattered the myth of rapper shows, became the bond of Islam informed the suburbs in the eyes of the intelligentsia.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-q3sfy_bMHR8/TWNC8vS9xjI/AAAAAAAAAy8/F4g30YIBT-E/s1600/intriguing%2Bdog%2Bcigar.jpg