Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Craig-NUFC

Seems to have matured and has taken on board what has been said about him. Worked harder than in any other game I've seen and tracked back.

Tbf to Pardew it does look like his management worked because he is working hard. I do also feel he could become a good goalscorer from midfield so some encouragment I suppose :/

His talents simply aren't utilised enough. He's a great dribbler but also a fantastic passer, our players just watch him far too much when he's on the ball, it's criminal. If the team focus was around him, players would be moving all over but he's not, he's just the plan b on the wing, something different to our usual tactics who can weave some magic. Hopefully that'll change if he keeps winning his personal battles.

Seemed to be playing on his own at times with the lack of movement ahead of him, no one is bothered making a decent run for him..

That was very evident actually. He so rarely had any options for a good pass or through ball.

His talents simply aren't utilised enough. He's a great dribbler but also a fantastic passer, our players just watch him far too much when he's on the ball, it's criminal. If the team focus was around him, players would be moving all over but he's not, he's just the plan b on the wing, something different to our usual tactics who can weave some magic. Hopefully that'll change if he keeps winning his personal battles.

Just needs to gel with the team a bit better. There was one point where he was literally surrounded by Fulham players and no one came out to give him an option, as though they were expecting him to just wriggle through it himself.

I personally think he should play on the wing at the moment. He's got far more space and time on the wing than as a Nr. 10.

I personally think he should play on the wing at the moment. He's got far more space and time on the wing than as a Nr. 10.

I agree, wide playmaker suits him perfectly at the minute. It just seems the team expect him to run with it and not have to do anything, it's a bit of give and take. He'll make a pass if he sees it, he's not thick.

Just needs to gel with the team a bit better . There was one point where he was literally surrounded by Fulham players and no one came out to give him an option, as though they were expecting him to just wriggle through it himself.

To gel with whom exactly? With Strolla, the non-existant 'atacking' player? You mean, the invisible one?

Excellent goal and his workrate was very good.  His winning the ball from Ruiz led to him setting up Guthrie for the first.  He kept on trying, unlike the two "forwards" we used today.

Exactly.