Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He'll be gone in summer.

Think we'll go for zaha from palace to play the barfa role.

I agree he needs a full pre season and a settled run in a fixed position, just can't see him being here long enough to get it.

He'll be gone in summer.

I agree he needs a full pre season and a settled run in a fixed position, just can't see him being here long enough to get it.

Absolute nonsense to write him off like that.

Guest firetotheworks

He's getting treated shockingly imo. He's shown infinitely more than Shola and Obertan who have been given a ridiculous amount of chances. Ben Arfa works hard as part of the team like Pardew wanted, gets a couple of goals and an assist or two and he's dropped whenever there's the slightest excuse to. It's fucking bullshit tbh.

He'll be gone in summer.

Nah :nope:

I hope Pardew realises that he can play in a 4-4-2 soon. It seems simple enough to me, stick him wide midfield, let him roam a bit and link attacking play, he doesn't need to be the world's best, defensively. Perhaps the signing of Cisse is a sign of things to come, that we're becoming a bit more of a dynamic team etc. I'm really hoping so, watching constant long ball is a bit of a pain at the minute.

He's getting treated shockingly imo. He's shown infinitely more than Shola and Obertan who have been given a ridiculous amount of chances. Ben Arfa works hard as part of the team like Pardew wanted, gets a couple of goals and an assist or two and he's dropped whenever there's the slightest excuse to. It's f***ing bullshit tbh.

He hasn't been dropped

Pardew clearly doesn't trust him playing wide in 4-4-2 and has changed formation because of it, which doesn't make any sense to me. After saying he only wanted to play him in middle earlier in the season why you'd play Best wide and Jonas in middle is beyond me. Think Steve Kean made Pardew look a bit silly tonight, which is worrying.

So Pardew's changed the entire shape of the team for someone he's repeatedly left out and even took off at half time tonight?

Guest firetotheworks

He's getting treated shockingly imo. He's shown infinitely more than Shola and Obertan who have been given a ridiculous amount of chances. Ben Arfa works hard as part of the team like Pardew wanted, gets a couple of goals and an assist or two and he's dropped whenever there's the slightest excuse to. It's f***ing bullshit tbh.

He hasn't been dropped

Whenever anyone is there to be dropped or subbed, it always seems to be him.

This time it was the correct decision to bring him off. Very poor.

It wasn't correct IMO, he wasn't playing well, but he was nowhere near the worst player for us today.  Why not take Ameobi off, who was so shocking its hard to find words to describe it.  Certain players are protected above others no matter how they perform.

There's a difference as Ameobi's physical presence locks opponents defensive line, whilst HBA doesn't. Although, I didn't really think he was THAT bad in the first half, a couple of bad touches etc., but Ameobi is all bad touch so then again?

I really hope that we can try to change the long ball passing style into something more... interesting. If we only could get some passers into the team again...

This time it was the correct decision to bring him off. Very poor.

:thup:

The midfield was being overrun. He wasn't contributing.

If any other player was as bad as he was - everyone on here would be making up derogatory nicknames. When HBA is shite, then it is the fault of the players around him.

He's not as good as many of you hoped. Get over it. Hopefully he will improve his game and earn some playing time.

Was 100% the correct decision to take him off and strengthen the midfield today, even if it's unfortunate that the best player we could put on in that position was James Perch. We would have lost heavily without that tactical change.

Don't know what's up with him these last two games really, been utterly, utterly shit. He's always been a bit erratic before but never quite to this level.

Ben Arfa's performances are reliant on our command in the midfield area which was lacking today. Guthrie likes to move forward and the other CM spot wasn't filled by a natural CM. If we took Shola instead of Ben Arfa off for Perch, I think we may have seen an improvement in his performance.