Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest fumiste

Ba will leave NUFC soon for the African Cup and Pardew will have to use HBA and Best...

He'll need Best on the next two months and if he put him on the bench now , Pardew might be afraid to break his relationship with him.

HBA start on the bench since few weeks and i think that Pardew think that the biggest problem would be now to leave Best on the bench....even if HBA is better than Best.

Guest hatem garrincha

Ba will leave NUFC soon for the African Cup and Pardew will have to use HBA and Best...

He's capable of using Shola and Best.

He'll need Best on the next two months and if he put him on the bench now , Pardew might be afraid to break his relationship with him.

HBA start on the bench since few weeks and i think that Pardew think that the biggest problem would be now to leave Best on the bench....even if HBA is better than Best.

Good points, Best will be our main man for a few games so dropping him now isn't the best idea, imo.

I have faith in Pardew and the backroom staff that they are doing what's best for HBA and the team even if it's 'obvious' to everyone else that not starting him at the moment is a massive mistake.

Again, a tough away fixture, I see the merit in having Best over Ben Arfa. His absence from previous games (WBA, Swansea) was abhorrent management though. Seriously awful, and it makes his absence from these games that much more difficult to stomach.

HBA has performed exceptionally in limited game time, for my money. Made Kompany look like a mug, won a penalty at OT, scored against Bolton - the guy is a potent attacking threat. And I say this as someone who (internally!) questioned the levels of pre-season hysteria and hype surrounding his return.

I suspect Pardew's plans at Liverpool are founded upon a solid defensive unit and trying to nick one on the break (/route 1). In his mind, the system won't be able to afford HBA and Best's aerial ability will be integral to his plans. As a different would-be manager to old Pardew, I'd like to see us defend-via-attacking. This might seem foolhardy, but I do believe we have the midfield to dominate - Tiote and Cabaye have a very good record together, even if their first half display at Bolton was less than convincing. If you add HBA into the mixture, we really keep the opposition occupied with trying to handle us and look a really different team. Our wing play suddenly becomes more effective and we have options on the ball. He transforms the team a little into something less easy to read/pick up.

It's risky though, for sure. Playing Best seems the safer option, but it's just conceding momentum to Liverpool (and IMO - waiting to get beat).

The defensive work of Best consists of putting pressure on the opposition centre backs, he pretty much never drops off to pressurise the deep playmaker or holding midifelder. So it could be argued that Ben Arfa would do more defensively than Best, as he would sit a bit deeper and pressurise the playmaker (and from what iv seen, he does put pressure on players to defend, it's just that his style makes people think he isn't doing anything). Pressuring the playmaker is probably more beneficial than pressuring a centre back too as they are more likely to do something creative with the ball.

It's more risky to go into the game with the intention of losing possession and trying to defend, which will be the clear intent if we start with Best.

This horrible mob simply aren't good enough to be giving them that much respect. Their best midfielder and their best attacker are both absent, we should be going there with the full intention of keeping the ball and beating them, not more long ball shite.

Again, a tough away fixture, I see the merit in having Best over Ben Arfa. His absence from previous games (WBA, Swansea) was abhorrent management though. Seriously awful, and it makes his absence from these games that much more difficult to stomach.

HBA has performed exceptionally in limited game time, for my money. Made Kompany look like a mug, won a penalty at OT, scored against Bolton - the guy is a potent attacking threat. And I say this as someone who (internally!) questioned the levels of pre-season hysteria and hype surrounding his return.

I suspect Pardew's plans at Liverpool are founded upon a solid defensive unit and trying to nick one on the break (/route 1). In his mind, the system won't be able to afford HBA and Best's aerial ability will be integral to his plans. As a different would-be manager to old Pardew, I'd like to see us defend-via-attacking. This might seem foolhardy, but I do believe we have the midfield to dominate - Tiote and Cabaye have a very good record together, even if their first half display at Bolton was less than convincing. If you add HBA into the mixture, we really keep the opposition occupied with trying to handle us and look a really different team. Our wing play suddenly becomes more effective and we have options on the ball. He transforms the team a little into something less easy to read/pick up.

It's risky though, for sure. Playing Best seems the safer option, but it's just conceding momentum to Liverpool (and IMO - waiting to get beat).

Agree with all of that.

Just makes little sense. Best has been losing the ball in the last few games, long ball wasnt working. He doesnt provide anything aerially in our box when we defend so unless hes more on form going fowards he has nothing over HBA.

It's more risky to go into the game with the intention of losing possession and trying to defend, which will be the clear intent if we start with Best.

This horrible mob simply aren't good enough to be giving them that much respect. Their best midfielder and their best attacker are both absent, we should be going there with the full intention of keeping the ball and beating them, not more long ball shite.

What I poorly articulated with my last line.

Guest hatem garrincha

He won't change IMO. Ultimately it'll just end in tears, as it has elsewhere for him.

I'm sure it could be a complete different story at Newcastle.

Best's aerial ability means that we lose possession far too easily, it's laughable that Pardew keeps going on about what we don't get from Ben Arfa while completely missing what we don't get from Best.  All we've been getting from Best recently is a player who will run around up front without actually doing very much.  He'll chase the defender or keeper down without actually getting the ball or forcing any of the opposition players into a mistake.  They just let him run at them and make a simple pass to a team mate which completely takes Best out of the game.

I don't see anything safe about playing an ineffective Best, now I've said that he'll play the game of his life.

“He did really well? He scored. Hatem is a player that is looking to get back to his best. I still don't think he is there yet,” he said.

I don't care if he's doing it because he thinks Ben Arfa is miles better than the rest so he's judging him to a higher standard, but after all the s*** he's said to praise Obertan, I think this is f***ing ridiculous if its how its being portrayed here.

He'll probably p*ss everyone off and be moved on to another club soon, and right now I couldn't blame him. We're f***ing about with our best raw talent and I'm f***ing sick of it. How does he expect Ben Arfa to step in for Ba next month if he won't start him and says s*** like this?

Pards quotes dont necessarily suggest he'll bench HBA, thats just how theyve taken it. Hes just said hes not at his best yet.

On the recent performances of both players theres no reason to start Best again

agree with this, although if Pardew has said the 'he did well?' thing that's out of order imo, especially with the praise he gives the likes of obertan. the positive stuff he's said about HBA recently has been 'he thinks he can change games'. yeah alan, so do we, you're the only one who can't see it.

Pards quotes dont necessarily suggest he'll bench HBA, thats just how theyve taken it. Hes just said hes not at his best yet.

On the recent performances of both players theres no reason to start Best again

agree with this, although if Pardew has said the 'he did well?' thing that's out of order imo, especially with the praise he gives the likes of obertan. the positive stuff he's said about HBA recently has been 'he thinks he can change games'. yeah alan, so do we, you're the only one who can't see it.

Depends is he means start or off the bench, he changed the game against Bolton.

How many number 10s in the history of football are known for tracking back? The argument Pardew has sort of works if he was to play him as a winger, but that clearly is no longer the case.

Stop been a stuborn twat 'Pards' and play your best fucking strike partnership. For fuck sake.

Can't believe so many people are getting worked up at a little thing called management. Perch, Obertan and Taylor are the sort who need building up. A bit like Best, confidence doesn't appear to come naturally. Ben Arfa on the other hand needs some grounding to prevent over confidence.

Can't believe so many people are getting worked up at a little thing called management. Perch, Obertan and Taylor are the sort who need building up. A bit like Best, confidence doesn't appear to come naturally. Ben Arfa on the other hand needs some grounding to prevent over confidence.

All well and good if Perch, Obertan, Taylor and Best weren't getting the games and Ben Arfa was.