Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Rubbish performance, I hope he likes the bench because he'll have to get used to it with performances like that.

No.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just doesn't look fit at all.

Definitely lost a yard or 2 of pace but then again what do you expect after such a bad injury.

He's not actually very fast over long periods, it was always his acceleration and he's shown he's still got that imo.

Fuck off man, the "Ben Arfa iz mint" crew usually do my tits in, but the game was played almost entirely in our half when came on. He's not going to offer much when we don't have the ball.

Should've been on at half time when it was perfectly clear that the Vuckic gamble wasn't working. Pardew left the substitution too late again, and Dalglish got one up on him by bringing Gerrard on to give them their push.

Fuck off man, the "Ben Arfa iz mint" crew usually do my tits in, but the game was played almost entirely in our half when came on. He's not going to offer much when we don't have the ball.

Should've been on at half time when it was perfectly clear that the Vuckic gamble wasn't working.

Precisely. There's literally no comment to make regarding this game and Ben Arfa, other than "he should have started."

He came on at a terrible time. If he started it could have been different.

Pardew needs to stop this shit.

Liv had a very uncertain first half and that is the time Hatem should have been playing....You could see the whole stadium and the side lifted when Gerrard came on.

The amount of fapping that goes on over him on here is disgraceful like.

He hasn't done enough in a Toon shirt to warrant it.

So you dont rate him as highly as others do. Even you must realise he cant do much if we dont give him the ball.

Good players work hard to get the ball.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So you dont rate him as highly as others do. Even you must realise he cant do much if we dont give him the ball.

Let's start Shola then.

Do you think its like FIFA on XBOX or something? Run back to his penalty area, tackle whoever has the ball then proceed to take on the whole Liverpool team and score??

Should've been on at half time when it was perfectly clear that the Vuckic gamble wasn't working.

Precisely. There's literally no comment to make regarding this game and Ben Arfa, other than "he should have started."

This, and he muscled Enrique off the ball while Obertan stood a yard away and watched.

Let's start Shola then.

I'd take his work-rate over Ben Arfa's every day of the week.

Ben Arfa needs to work harder to get involved in games, he doesn't offer enough defensively so offensively it's imperative that he does his best to get involved.

Looks like I'm the only one who can view it objectively though.

And good teams make the ball do the work once they've got it... We didn't keep the ball effectively at any point when Ben Arfa was on the pitch.

Let's start Shola then.

I'd take his work-rate over Ben Arfa's every day of the week.

Ben Arfa needs to work harder to get involved in games, he doesn't offer enough defensively so offensively it's imperative that he does his best to get involved.

Looks like I'm the only one who can view it objectively though.

Agree with your point about defence/attack. Hard for him to get involved though if the ball doesnt even get close to him when he was on the pitch though.

Go back and watch the match again, give me an example where he didn't work hard enough to get the ball, either when we were in possession or they were. I bet you £20 you can't find one.

Was fucking mint as expected ;)

Seriously though, had no chance to get a strangle hold of the game attacking wise like a lot of others, including scapegoat.

Obertan is hardly a scapegoat when he's shit every fucking game man, he wasn't alone today so if that's the point you're making, fair enough. If you think he should start against Man U however....

Ben Arfa would have been great behind Carroll, not so much behind Ba. Not taking anything away from Ba, great player, but Carroll's hold-up play would have been perfect to make space for Hatem.. in this team now he needs to be on the wing, not in the middle.

f*** off man, the "Ben Arfa iz mint" crew usually do my tits in, but the game was played almost entirely in our half when came on. He's not going to offer much when we don't have the ball.

This, and he muscled Enrique off the ball while Obertan stood a yard away and watched.

Good point.  He wanted it, had the confidence to get it and bossed Enrique.  Obertan has none of that.