Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Wasn't realy expecting him to play anyway?  Bar maybe getting on for 20 minutes if we were chasing the game.  It's always read like he hasn't got enough minutes in or been back for long enough and Pards' interviews have been pretty downbeat when asked about HBA.

As long as we have Cabaye, Ba, Cisse, Colo and Tiote we'll be alright.  Need to play 4-3-3 as well of course, or at least keep the direct approach to a minimum. 

Gutted as the rest of yous that he won't be playing as I'm up for the match and he's terrific to watch, but it's not the end of the world.  He would have been short of match fitness and rusty as hell.  Can imagine he would be losing the ball left, right and centre.

Wasn't realy expecting him to play anyway?  Bar maybe getting on for 20 minutes if we were chasing the game.  It's always read like he hasn't got enough minutes in or been back for long enough and Pards' interviews have been pretty downbeat when asked about HBA.

As long as we have Cabaye, Ba, Cisse, Colo and Tiote we'll be alright.  Need to play 4-3-3 as well of course, or at least keep the direct approach to a minimum. 

Gutted as the rest of yous that he won't be playing as I'm up for the match and he's terrific to watch, but it's not the end of the world.  He would have been short of match fitness and rusty as hell.  Can imagine he would be losing the ball left, right and centre.

All of which apparently have knocks. :lol:

I know Davey boy!  Hence why I mentioned them in particular  :lol:

Tiote and Colo just sound like the old 'carrying a knock' type injuries players conveniently get before International friendlies.  Cisse and Ba sound like they'll be alright. 

Cabaye I'm a bit unsure on, because like HBA, he's barely plaed for us in pre season.  Did play 3 out of 4 games in the Euros for France mind and he seems a naturally fit (Dreamboat) guy.

Fingers crossed!

I'm praying it's a bluff and he starts, but HBA never seems to be fit to play at the start of the season  :frantic:. Also as has been mentioned wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's not a knee problem at all and there is more to this one.  :undecided:

I'm praying it's a bluff and he starts, but HBA never seems to be fit to play at the start of the season  :frantic:. Also as has been mentioned wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's not a knee problem at all and there is more to this one.  :undecided:

There is certainly no problem with him and Pards, i saw them beofre and after the pools game laughing and joking together.

There is certainly no problem with him and Pards, i saw them beofre and after the pools game laughing and joking together.

Thats reassuring and good to know thanks for that (i'm not being sarcastic at all here btw). Puts my mind at rest a litlle bit, as he has had a reputation and it has worried me they could fall out. Pardew seems pretty good thus far at man management  :)

I'm praying it's a bluff he's out but wishful thinking on my part possibly. Love watching HBA and Spurs will try to cut our service to Cisse & Ba but with HBA he can tear a hole/score/create against any deffence, probably my favorite player for us at the moment  :)  One of those players who can light up a game and i get excited everytime he gets the ball. He and Cisse linked up well and were in sizzling form at the back end of last season. I was hoping they could start where they left off against Spurs  :undecided:

Hopefully he sort of pulls himself together and recovers quicker than expected and can be involved on Saturday. Really would like to have our top 11 for the opener but like OpNut mentioned above, not the worst thing in the world to have Marv & Jonas out wide. Marv has had an excellent preseason and Jonas is our reliable ball-carrier, calming influence on the squad, and excellent cover/understanding with Santon on the left.

Having said all that, I hope everyone is declared fit and HBA is on the pitch to terrorize the fuck out Spurs back-line

4-4-2 with Marveaux and Jonas out wide isn't the worst thing in the world.

Well it's probably the best we've got for now if HBA is out. Marveaux i really like the look of but very early days still and Spurs will be a big test for him. Can he be effective ? Let's hope so. Jonas we know what we will get and he'll possibly double up on whichever winger he plays against.

Guest BooBoo

Feasibly our attacking six could be:

Obertan.    Gosling.  Perch.      Marveaux

Shola      Jonas

:scared: