Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Very much a traditional LM (not winger) in a 4-4-2. A "CM" in our 4-3-3.

Would have fit well with the England squad at Euro tbh.

He is from Argentina.

http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/02/YOU_DONT_SAY.png

I think the Jonas in the first season here has obvioulsy lost that same explosive acceleration and a step or 2 of his pace over the years which may have set him apart as a much better attacking threat than he is now.

Agree. Now days he have big troubles to bet his man, too previous when he basically just made a "hit-and-run".

Guest henrique

I think the Jonas in the first season here has obvioulsy lost that same explosive acceleration and a step or 2 of his pace over the years which may have set him apart as a much better attacking threat than he is now.

Agree. Now days he have big troubles to bet his man, too previous when he basically just made a "hit-and-run".

Wouldn’t put a bet on it tbh.

Last summer Pardew was saying he couldn't see him playing Ben Arfa right midfield as he is number 10 who plays in behind the striker. Seemingly ben arfa has now made that right mid position his own. Do you think we are likely to see this change anytime in the season? I'm not totally convinced pardew still has him down as a wide man except when in a 4-3-3 formation or in a formation where he is basically a forward.

Hatem needs to be as free as possible in the last third. Playing three CMs behind him would enable that. I think he'll be usel differently in different games, and rightly so.

I'll just be happy to see him get more games for us than last season.

Got a nagging feeling that that may not be a foregone conclusion.

Newcastle's Hatem Ben Harfa (knee) will not play, while Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba, Fabricio Coloccini, Cheik Tiote and Yohan Cabaye are either suffering from knocks or short of fitness.

How real is his injury?

I thought we'd somewhat start with our best eleven, I guess it's far from it.... god damnit, we need to buy a DECENT medical team instead of any player, just ridic.

Guest firetotheworks

Newcastle's Hatem Ben Harfa (knee) will not play, while Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba, Fabricio Coloccini, Cheik Tiote and Yohan Cabaye are either suffering from knocks or short of fitness.

How real is his injury?

I thought we'd somewhat start with our best eleven, I guess it's far from it.... god damnit, we need to buy a DECENT medical team instead of any player, just ridic.

Our medical team is fine.

Hatem needs to be as free as possible in the last third. Playing three CMs behind him would enable that. I think he'll be usel differently in different games, and rightly so.

I'll just be happy to see him get more games for us than last season.

Got a nagging feeling that that may not be a foregone conclusion.

At least we'll have the Europa and hopefully a minimum of 2 rounds in each of the domestic cups.  We've actually got a half decent squad of players to rotate for more winnable cup matches.  When everyone is fit, we have options in most areas.  Just really lack decent cover full back and only really have two quality strikers.  Which is why I hope the 4-3-3 is adopted and we rotate Ba/Cisse a bit more as the central striker.

I think we might try and mix it up even more this season and not play the same players, formation and tactics all the while.  We changed it at times last season, but sometimes we seemed a bit flat and stale.

How real is his injury?

Don't be slagging off wor Davey.

Guest VanBarduck

I saw that Hatem trained perfectly well today , any chance he might get involved in the Spurs's game ? I mean even if he's on the bench , I happy with that

:love: