Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

f***ing tragic news.

Was really optimistic before this. Won't win this now.

I wasn't optimistic at all so if he's going to miss a game, might as well be this one. We were always going to get beat anyway.

:facepalm:

Don't understand this facepalm at all. We are more than likely to lose this game, so if HBA is less than 100% we shouldn't risk him. That's just sensible management.

"It looks as though we'll lose him for a few weeks and that’s a really big blow. Anyone who has watched our games will tell you what he is like.

His hamstring just isn’t right so it looks like we are going to have to take more time over it. It will probably keep him out for a while.

We originally thought it would be a mild hamstring injury and we gave it extra time and I was actually expecting him to be available a couple of weeks ago.

I rested him in our next game in the hope that he would be right for the last game the weekend just gone.

We gave it extra days to get him right but we will now need to take even more time, unfortunately.

He will be a big miss for us because he gives us a different attacking dimension from what we have got.”

-----------

Sound familiar? Moyes on Kevin Mirallas who was out for a few weeks with his hamstring. Came back and was taken off at half time vs Spurs and now probably won't be back until next month, which is a big blow due to the quality he gives us.

If there's something wrong with Ben Arfa's hamstring then it's surely madness to play him. You're asking for trouble.

Mirallas has looked very good this season. Very unlucky not to have scored more. Engineered some good openings for himself and has a bit of pace to him.

Was a bit disappointed when I discovered FF had classified him as a Forward. Think you've missed him.

"It looks as though we'll lose him for a few weeks and that’s a really big blow. Anyone who has watched our games will tell you what he is like.

His hamstring just isn’t right so it looks like we are going to have to take more time over it. It will probably keep him out for a while.

We originally thought it would be a mild hamstring injury and we gave it extra time and I was actually expecting him to be available a couple of weeks ago.

I rested him in our next game in the hope that he would be right for the last game the weekend just gone.

We gave it extra days to get him right but we will now need to take even more time, unfortunately.

He will be a big miss for us because he gives us a different attacking dimension from what we have got.”

-----------

Sound familiar? Moyes on Kevin Mirallas who was out for a few weeks with his hamstring. Came back and was taken off at half time vs Spurs and now probably won't be back until next month, which is a big blow due to the quality he gives us.

If there's something wrong with Ben Arfa's hamstring then it's surely madness to play him. You're asking for trouble.

Mirallas has looked very good this season. Very unlucky not to have scored more. Engineered some good openings for himself and has a bit of pace to him.

Was a bit disappointed when I discovered FF had classified him as a Forward. Think you've missed him.

Yup, he looks really good which is why it's so frustrating he's missing games. Presuming he's out for our next few games then he will have barely played half our league games up to that point. That's a worry.

The point is, stuff like "well he'll want to play" - so what? I'd bloody well hope a professional footballer would want to play. If he's injured, he's injured, imagine the fallout if he plays tomorrow and is out for a longer spell with a torn hamstring or something similar. I'm no medical expert but hamstrings are surely one thing you don't piss around with?

If there's a consistency to the injuries you're getting then that's what the club's time should be spent focussing on, not blindly rolling the dice with your best player's fitness.

Guest bimpy474

Hatem will say he wants to play.

Yes and I hope he'll play.

Would you be pissed off at the club if he then went on got a longer term injury?

Aye, much rather have him fit for Q.P.R than injured because he played against Man City.

Oh for a crystal ball :(

f***ing tragic news.

Was really optimistic before this. Won't win this now.

I wasn't optimistic at all so if he's going to miss a game, might as well be this one. We were always going to get beat anyway.

:facepalm:

Don't understand this facepalm at all. We are more than likely to lose this game, so if HBA is less than 100% we shouldn't risk him. That's just sensible management.

I was just taking for granted the manupstairs was being ironic?

Guest hatem garrincha

Hatem will say he wants to play.

Yes and I hope he'll play.

Would you be p*ssed off at the club if he then went on got a longer term injury?

Neil has already (see 2 or 3 messages below) pointed out that argument. So, don't piss me off Caj.

Guest VanBarduck

He'll play . This is just some mind game that Pardew is trying . The thing is there's been no picture of training yet on NUFC website ...  For instance Ben Arfa never suffered any knee injuries in his hole career and Pardew wanted to make us/them ? beleive he was out for Tottenham game , i don't know if he thinks this 90's football , when starting XI where particularely studied by the opponent team , just say is out or fit , don't make a fool of yourself !

Guest bimpy474

It may well be that HBA misses out but at the same time when an opposing team are preparing to play against us and he would be a major part of their preparations, it doesn't do any harm to throw them an occasional curved ball.

Aye, Mancini....right who can head it away......sorted.

He'll play . This is just some mind game that Pardew is trying . The thing is there's been no picture of training yet on NUFC website ...  For instance Ben Arfa never suffered any knee injuries in his hole career and Pardew wanted to make us/them ? beleive he was out for Tottenham game , i don't know if he thinks this 90's football , when starting XI where particularely studied by the opponent team , just say is out or fit , don't make a fool of yourself !

It sort of payd off against Spurs, though.

Think you're right btw. :thup:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=158532274&EditorialProduct=Sport

Can't see Hatem.

If this is a "mind game" it's pretty embarrassing.

Give over. You seem very easily embarrassed. :lol:

Only at things that are embarrassing. It's probably just a coincidence that he said this on Monday... http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/10/united-fans-are-shut-out-of-toon-training-ground-72703-32394944/

Wow, I missed that. So the reason you're struggling is because other clubs can counter your tactics? Like, say, your set pieces?

Sorry, I know it's a bit rude to :lol:. But, :lol:.

If this is a "mind game" it's pretty embarrassing.

Give over. You seem very easily embarrassed. :lol:

Only at things that are embarrassing. It's probably just a coincidence that he said this on Monday... http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/10/united-fans-are-shut-out-of-toon-training-ground-72703-32394944/

Wow, I missed that. So the reason you're struggling is because other clubs can counter your tactics? Like, say, your set pieces?

Sorry, I know it's a bit rude to :lol:. But, :lol:.

We've all been laughing at it so don't feel guilty :okay:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92734.msg4074134.html#msg4074134