Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Cisse

Gouffran    Sissoko    Ben Arfa

Looks so perfect, hard to think what is missing. Maybe if Cisse was like Sir Les in the air but we shouldn't really be playing the sort of football that requires that sort of ball into the box. So much pace, intelligence, workrate, ability to take on a man, technique, ability to hit one out of the blue etc..

:megusta:

On paper it's a brilliantly dynamic front line. With Cabaye and Tiote/Anita in behind them, it just reads like a superb team.

I find myself saying it every time we get an influx of new signings (ie, before they've had a chance to turn to shit)... but I can't think of a better front six since Bobby left.

A fit HBA today and we would've put that mob away. Ah well his time will come again

We should have put them away anyway so its quite irrelevant tbh.

No I agree mate I'm just saying that extra bit of quality in a game like this probably would've had us over the line. Agree though the chances were there and we didn't take them. Cisse or Gouffran stick one of those away and the game would probably have been over, they were rocking.

If it's true that all he's lacking is match fitness, it now looks like an exercise in stupidity not to have had him as an option from the bench.

Difficult to say though isn't it mate. I thought I saw quotes of Pardew talking about a lack of strenth in his legs. They have sports nutritionists/physios checking and working on his conditioning all the time. If the decision is that he's not ready for full paced action whatever the time on the pitch then you have to deduce that any sort of lack of condition represents a risk of injury.

He'll take us up another level in attack. We need his vision and quality in the final third, Cisse in particular needs another creative outlet.

Aye him playing as a right inside forward when Cisse arrived made it so easy for him to score goals.

Ridiculous how many times he either directly set him up or was a big reason behind a goal being scored, that hasn't happened this season due to a combination of injuries, tactics and overall the team just having no movement what so ever.

Hopefully it will have similar effect on Cisse again.

Guest VanBarduck
“I think Hatem will feature on Thursday (v Anzhi) but not sure Colo will as it is on Astroturf and he’s obviously got  aback injury, so that would be foolish on everybody’s part. I think there is half a chance for Colo on Sunday (v Stoke)”.
Pardew.

“I think Hatem will feature on Thursday (v Anzhi) but not sure Colo will as it is on Astroturf and he’s obviously got  aback injury, so that would be foolish on everybody’s part. I think there is half a chance for Colo on Sunday (v Stoke)”.
Pardew.

Martin Hardy :yao: a month :yao:

Guest VanBarduck

Pardew.

So there is a chance Ben Arfa will start against Anzhi , on a plastic turf during a blizzard in mother russia , but he wasn't fit enough to have a 10 min cameo on a beautiful saturday against Swansea  ;D. I honestly think Pardew was simply trying to delay the "Guti-throwed-out-of-the team" thing , hoping that Gutierrez would have put decents performance...

Pardew.

So there is a chance Ben Arfa will start against Anzhi , on a plastic turf during a blizzard in mother russia , but he wasn't fit enough to have a 10 min cameo on a beautiful saturday against Swansea  ;D. I honestly think Pardew was simply trying to delay the "Guti-throwed-out-of-the team" thing , hoping that Gutierrez would have put decents performance...

Guti is such a favourite, he was stripped of the captains armband for the game.

Until Hatem is fit and playing well, Guti is the best we have in the position.

/Previous supposed undroppable favourites.

-Harper

-Nolan

-Ameobi

-Obertan

-Simpson

-Williamson

... blah blah blah.

Pardew.

Guti is such a favourite, he was stripped of the captains armband for the game.

Until Hatem is fit and playing well, Guti is the best we have in the position.

/Previous supposed undroppable favourites.

-Harper

-Nolan

-Ameobi

-Obertan

-Simpson

-Williamson

... blah blah blah.

He's not at all. As an out and out right sided forward both Marveaux and Obertan offer more threat.