Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest Publius

The thing missing from his game is the willingness to release the ball early sometimes. That takes quick one twos out of the game and allows defenders to recover. I'm hoping if Remy and Gouffran start more that we'll see HBA hitting the front players quicker sometimes instead of wanting to dribble with it first.

Ah, as opposed to all the neat and quick one twos played by the rest of the team. I'm not surprised he doesn't release the ball often tbh. Considering the amount of times he creates space for someone else, and then they fluff it, or slow up, or pass it back. The movement around him is terrible and if he passes for a one two, chances are the other player won't read his movement. When he played for France briefly the one twos played with Benzema and Nasri were top class.

But yeh, i guess him and Shola/Cisse should be hooking up with more one/twos. Oh wait, neither of those two players are capable of controlling the damn ball and releasing it.

He should never be playing on the right of a 4-man midfield either. Why limit your only potent attacking force in this way?

Guest bimpy474

The thing missing from his game is the willingness to release the ball early sometimes. That takes quick one twos out of the game and allows defenders to recover. I'm hoping if Remy and Gouffran start more that we'll see HBA hitting the front players quicker sometimes instead of wanting to dribble with it first.

Ah, as opposed to all the neat and quick one twos played by the rest of the team. I'm not surprised he doesn't release the ball often tbh. Considering the amount of times he creates space for someone else, and then they fluff it, or slow up, or pass it back. The movement around him is terrible and if he passes for a one two, chances are the other player won't read his movement. When he played for France briefly the one twos played with Benzema and Nasri were top class.

But yeh, i guess him and Shola/Cisse should be hooking up with more one/twos. Oh wait, neither of those two players are capable of controlling the damn ball and releasing it.

He should never be playing on the right of a 4-man midfield either. Why limit your only potent attacking force in this way?

Correct x100.

Correct x100.

Disagree - against even half decent Premiership sides the middle of the pitch is not where he will find the space that he needs to cause maximum damage.

Guest bimpy474

Correct x100.

Disagree - against even half decent Premiership sides the middle of the pitch is not where he will find the space that he needs to cause maximum damage.

I bolded the bit i agreed with. And in many posts i have said Hatem, should be in a front 3 (right side) in a 4-3-3. On the previous page in fact, only about 8 posts or so ago. Didn't even mention being in the middle and neither did the post i quoted.

Not sure where you got that from tbh  :icon_scratch:

From the Mail:

'I try to score a special goal in every game,’ said Ben Arfa. `Against West Ham I tried a lot but they all ended up in the sky.

‘I have been practising more with my left and I have two weeks now to work on my right. If you want to improve you have to work hard every day.

‘It is fine for the fans to have doubts but the players cannot have doubts. If we start thinking too much and having doubts you end up down and don’t hit your best form. We do not doubt, we just try and try.

‘I am very happy here, especially because I am healthy and fit and I am doing good things. I try to do my best and I hope everyone comes to the stadium to enjoy and I will try to make everyone happy.’

:smitten:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408494/Alan-Pardew-guard-Yohan-Cabaye-decision-set-to-wire.html

Play him in the middle. Get the best out of him innit!

Widest right of a front three imo. Isolated against a full back.

They always double up on him though and our build up play is so slow we never switch it quickly enough to turn it to our advantage.

Correct x100.

I bolded the bit i agreed with. And in many posts i have said Hatem, should be in a front 3 (right side) in a 4-3-3. On the previous page in fact, only about 8 posts or so ago. Didn't even mention being in the middle and neither did the post i quoted.

Fair enough my bad call it seems. I assumed this was in support of HBA in a number 10 role, and against decent opposition I don't think we'll see the the best of him (yet). I like to see him in space fwiw. HBA did well in the 4-3-3 role the season before last so with the right players in the rest of that formation I take your point. 

He always talks sense man - pure self belief and positivity. Love that about him. His interview was great to listen to.

Hit fitness is essential to us.  Anyone else notice how well he can hold the ball up under pressure, get space and switch play, make a simple pass, or say fuck it and turn up field? Seen him do that a ton in the last 2 matches and towards the end of last season.

Guest VanBarduck

He always talks sense man - pure self belief and positivity. Love that about him. His interview was great to listen to.

Hit fitness is essential to us.  Anyone else notice how well he can hold the ball up under pressure, get space and switch play, make a simple pass, or say f*** it and turn up field? Seen him do that a ton in the last 2 matches and towards the end of last season.

He's very good at holding on to the ball now. He has strengthen up his upper body during his recovery.

Guest bimpy474

Correct x100.

Fair enough my bad call it seems. I assumed this was in support of HBA in a number 10 role, and against decent opposition I don't think we'll see the the best of him (yet). I like to see him in space fwiw. HBA did well in the 4-3-3 role the season before last so with the right players in the rest of that formation I take your point. 

Definitely ;) I think having him wide in a front 3 is perfect for him, cutting in, like yesterday but further up with much less defensive covering to do. Dreamy if Pardew would go back to it (still cant fathom why he wont).