Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I agree with CD a little bit.  He can be amazing but frustraiting at the same time.  Just a little coaching and help his decision making would make a world of difference.  I wouldn't want him "over chaoched tho" to reduce his ability.

Didn't realise he was 27 !!

A lot of that is due to how little off the ball movement there is, we give Hatem zero to work with.

No coincidence at all how much more dangerous he became when Gouffran and Remy were both on.

His decision making does need work but it will improve with more movement in front of him.

Hopefully Pardew realises this but im not holding my breathe.

I agree with CD a little bit.  He can be amazing but frustraiting at the same time.  Just a little coaching and help his decision making would make a world of difference.  I wouldn't want him "over chaoched tho" to reduce his ability.

Just the thought makes me cry.

Despite him being everywhere yesterday I do think team mates sometimes don't make runs when he's on the ball because they know the little beggar won't pass it. I saw it happen a couple of times yesterday, but I'm hoping it improves when Remy starts more matches. Once him and Gouffran started stretching the play, Ben Arfa started releasing the ball quicker I thought.

Saw it too many times throughout every one of his games at nufc, holding onto the ball and losing it.  He is lucky his name is not tiote.  Otherwise everyone will be begging for him to be ousted from the line up.  Funny enough even Pardew pointed that out yesterday saying he was pulling his grey hairs out due to hba not passing at the right time, and making the team disjointed. 

Really frustrating player, blessed with brilliance but lacking maturity football wise.  Hopefully that will come with time.  He has the ability to become so much more if he can sort out the fundamentals of his game.

Jesus fucking Christ man :lol:

The thing missing from his game is the willingness to release the ball early sometimes. That takes quick one twos out of the game and allows defenders to recover. I'm hoping if Remy and Gouffran start more that we'll see HBA hitting the front players quicker sometimes instead of wanting to dribble with it first.

The thing missing from his game is the willingness to release the ball early sometimes. That takes quick one twos out of the game and allows defenders to recover. I'm hoping if Remy and Gouffran start more that we'll see HBA hitting the front players quicker sometimes instead of wanting to dribble with it first.

:thup:

My only complaint as well. He looked like a team player yesterday defensively as well. Sometimes I just hope it's the lack of movement rather than anything else since he was releasing the ball well when he came on against Morecambe.

His goal against West Brom 2 years ago is a classic example of him playing a quick one two.

my typo of r him being "over choached?  :lol:

A lot of that is due to how little off the ball movement there is, we give Hatem zero to work with.

No coincidence at all how much more dangerous he became when Gouffran and Remy were both on.

His decision making does need work but it will improve with more movement in front of him.

His goal against West Brom 2 years ago is a classic example of him playing a quick one two.

He can do it, no doubt, he sees things very early which is why I am hoping that with more movement in front of him we'll see him step up another level.

Both. :lol:

Both. :lol:

Done it again !  :lol: :lol:

I want to see him try and beat his man at every opportunity. Players who can do that  don't come along very often and he is a pleasure to watch and is the sort of guy who keeps me interested in what is often utterly mundane in football. Just enjoy a good thing while we have him.

He's 26 mate.

Some epic trolls in here as usual. The reason he doesn't get as much abuse as others and has "hero worship" as you like to call it is because he's comfortable our best player and for a lot of us one of the only reasons we were still getting excited for a match day.

If he was perfect he wouldn't be playing for us now would he? If he never lost the ball and always made the perfect decision do you think he would be playing for a mid-table at best team?

Some of the posts in here man :lol:

His decision making is occasionally questionable and sometimes he does too much, but you have to take the rough with the smooth with this kind of player. I'd rather see him lose the ball by attempting to skin one player too many than our other 10 players lose the ball by tripping over their own feet when they try to pass it five yards.

Some of the posts in here man :lol:

His decision making is occasionally questionable and sometimes he does too much, but you have to take the rough with the smooth with this kind of player. I'd rather see him lose the ball by attempting to skin one player too many than our other 10 players lose the ball by tripping over their own feet when they try to pass it five yards.