Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Despite him being everywhere yesterday I do think team mates sometimes don't make runs when he's on the ball because they know the little beggar won't pass it. I saw it happen a couple of times yesterday, but I'm hoping it improves when Remy starts more matches. Once him and Gouffran started stretching the play, Ben Arfa started releasing the ball quicker I thought.

There was one moment yesterday where Ben Arfa was marked by 3 players, Debuchy came forward to help him, was completely alone but Ben Arfa decided he wanted to do it alone anyway. IIRC he did get the cross in or a corner tbf.

HBA just loves taking the piss out of the opposition, it can be frustrating at times but its worth it.

Yep not much has changed between the Simpson - Ben Arfa and Debuchy - Ben Arfa :) Hatem will still more often than not take it on himself and ignore Debuchy. Difference is Debuchy can actually cross and shoot so should be far more useful long term offensively.

Without too much 'dissection' of Pardew's comments; am a little disappointed that he played down his creativity and labelled some of the stuff he did as poor. What does he want from him?

One of the only things I give credit to Pardew for is managing Ben Arfa correctly and I think he still is here. Basically he's treating him as he is, a world class talent, so his standards are higher for him than of other players. Used to annoy the hell out of me 2 years ago when Pardew would constantly criticise Ben Arfa for something and then someone like Obertan would get praised. Further down the line now I can see what he's doing. Obertan was at his limits whereas Ben Arfa always had another level he can go to when he's focused.

He's right as well because for just over half of that game Hatem was making incorrect decisions, for example shooting from 30 odd yards when he's got people in the box etc.

2nd half was far better as he was shooting at the right times and crossing at the right times.

Agreed, Pardew isn't a totally inept manager across all accounts. His man-management is often very good with almost all our players.

His wife management is even better

Despite him being everywhere yesterday I do think team mates sometimes don't make runs when he's on the ball because they know the little beggar won't pass it. I saw it happen a couple of times yesterday, but I'm hoping it improves when Remy starts more matches. Once him and Gouffran started stretching the play, Ben Arfa started releasing the ball quicker I thought.

Saw it too many times throughout every one of his games at nufc, holding onto the ball and losing it.  He is lucky his name is not tiote.  Otherwise everyone will be begging for him to be ousted from the line up.  Funny enough even Pardew pointed that out yesterday saying he was pulling his grey hairs out due to hba not passing at the right time, and making the team disjointed. 

Really frustrating player, blessed with brilliance but lacking maturity football wise.  Hopefully that will come with time.  He has the ability to become so much more if he can sort out the fundamentals of his game.

Saw it too many times throughout every one of his games at nufc, holding onto the ball and losing it.  He is lucky his name is not tiote.  Otherwise everyone will be begging for him to be ousted from the line up.  Funny enough even Pardew pointed that out yesterday saying he was pulling his grey hairs out due to hba not passing at the right time, and making the team disjointed. 

Really frustrating player, blessed with brilliance but lacking maturity football wise.  Hopefully that will come with time.  He has the ability to become so much more if he can sort out the fundamentals of the game.

What a load of bollocks, sorry. If Tiote took players on all game long and scored the occasional wonder goal people wouldn't give a shit that he gives the ball away occasionally.

If we had more movement and better people to pass to other than Shola then he would. Just look at the second half yesterday for example.

Really frustrating player, blessed with brilliance but lacking maturity football wise.  Hopefully that will come with time.  He has the ability to become so much more if he can sort out the fundamentals of his game.

This is about as wrong as you could possibly be. Well done :thup:

Really frustrating player, blessed with brilliance but lacking maturity football wise.  Hopefully that will come with time.  He has the ability to become so much more if he can sort out the fundamentals of the game.

What a load of bollocks, sorry. If Tiote took players on all game long and scored the occasional wonder goal people wouldn't give a s*** that he gives the ball away occasionally.

If we had more movement and better people to pass to other than Shola then he would. Just look at the second half yesterday for example.

Nonsense.

What a load of bollocks, sorry. If Tiote took players on all game long and scored the occasional wonder goal people wouldn't give a s*** that he gives the ball away occasionally.

Nonsense.

Until Tiote assists two goals and scores one the same week, you should probably stay clear of comparing the two.

Nonsense.

Not at all. By the way I've followed your lead of highlighting the part of the post I'm responding to (all of it), in case there's any confusion.

Nonsense.

Until Tiote assists two goals and scores one the same week, you should probably stay clear of comparing the two.

Not comparing their abilities, they are two different type of players but I do compare the criticism that each player gets.

When hba loses the ball,  it's ok because theres no movement.

When tiote does it,  he's thick.

Nonsense.

Not comparing their abilities, they are two different type of players but I do compare the criticism that each player gets.

If you can't see any difference between Hatem losing the ball and Tiote losing it you should probably start watching a different sport.

Nonsense.

If you can't see any difference between Hatem losing the ball and Tiote losing it you should probably start watching a different sport.

Yes hba loses the ball high up the pitch is less of a danger.  Doesn't make it ok.

Nonsense.

Amazingly you're finding a way of making each of your posts worst than the last. Well done :)

Nonsense.

Yes hba loses the ball high up the pitch is less of a danger.  Doesn't make it ok.

Fucking hell :lol:

When Ben Arfa loses the ball it's because he's trying to do something like scoring the goal he did yesterday, Tiote loses it by not having a good enough brain and passing ability. Can't believe I had to type this out :lol:

Nonsense.

Most players like him does.... Suarez would constantly give the ball away last season but you take that because you know what he can do with the ball.

As others have said its not surprise he was more economical once their was more movement in front of him.

Nonsense.

f***ing hell :lol:

When Ben Arfa loses the ball it's because he's trying to do something like scoring the goal he did yesterday, Tiote loses it by not having a good enough brain and passing ability. Can't believe I had to type this out :lol:

More nonsense you forgotten last game he had vs Liverpool when we got tonked lol

Where did he loose the ball?  Then Liverpool  scored.  He was trying to score near the halfway line?  Hmm ok

Nonsense.

More nonsense you forgotten last game he had vs Liverpool when we got tonked lol

Where did he loose the ball?  Then Liverpool  scored.  He was trying to score near the halfway line? Hmm ok

Ask Bolton fans what they think of Ben Arfa with the ball at the half way line.

Nonsense.

Where did he loose the ball?  Then Liverpool  scored.  He was trying to score near the halfway line? Hmm ok

Ask Bolton fans what they think of Ben Arfa with the ball at the half way line.

Like anyone cares what Bolton fans think  :pardsgrin: