Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

after 'managing' the majority of the same group of players for some time now you would think he would have enough tactical nous to get the best out of each player, ie. what position suits which player best but it seems he's still in his "test, fail, tweak, re-test" mode.

Guest hatem garrincha

NUFC : 7 points. HBA directly involved in 6. Probably on the bench against Cardiff because he didn't play left back at Goodison.

Guest hatem garrincha

NUFC : 7 points. HBA directly involved in 6. Probably on the bench against Cardiff because he didn't play left back at Goodison.

Or maybe not.

The "maybe" is the problem  :lol:

Seriously.

I would actually be amazed in HBA was benched for Cardiff.

This. Just can't see it happening in the slightest considering Pardew has always known of Ben Arfa's lack of defensive ability, he would have been out the team a long time ago if he always judged him on this. One poor defensive game and he's out the side completely, not for me like .

Guest hatem garrincha

This. Just can't see it happening in the slightest considering Pardew has always known of Ben Arfa's lack of defensive ability, he would have been out the team a long time ago if he always judged him on this. One poor defensive game and he's out the side completely, not for me like .

He had a poor offensive game.

Look at the first goal et tell me if he was in position to put a "tackle" ( :lol:) or track back.

He had a poor offensive game.

Look at the first goal et tell me if he was in position to put a "tackle" ( :lol:) or track back.

Offensively he was still looking our brightest spark, fair enough he lost the ball a few times but at least he was having a go at them unlike some. However he allowed Coleman to drive on past on a couple of occasions and Mirallas and Coleman were looking a threat for the full 45 minutes whilst Baines was contained to an extent with Gouffran on other side.

I can't see Ben Arfa getting dropped for Jonas if that's what people are worried about. I think Jonas (has he ever been dropped by Pardew?) will more than likely see us go 4-4-2 with Jonas wide left and Ben Arfa wide right.

Guest hatem garrincha

I can't see Ben Arfa getting dropped for Jonas if that's what people are worried about. I think Jonas (has he ever been dropped by Pardew?) will more than likely see us go 4-4-2 with Jonas wide left and Ben Arfa wide right.

Or Jonas wide left and Gouffran wide right.

(After reading both Ryder and Douglas writing Cissé and Ben Arfa "might" be on the bench)

Remy Gouffran

Jonas Tiote Cabaye Sissoko

Dummett Colo Willo Debuchy

I'm guessing a lot on here think the line up will be something like that if you're going off what Lee Ryder says.

Guest hatem garrincha

Remy Gouffran

Jonas Tiote Cabaye Sissoko

Dummett Colo Willo Debuchy

I'm guessing a lot on here think the line up will be something like that if you're going off what Lee Ryder says.

For me, something like that yes.

Remy  Cisse

Jonas Tiote Cabaye Gouffran

Santon Colo Willo Debuchy

Krul

Couple of changes there.  If we're going 4-4-2 i'd think that could be a likely line-up.  Maybe HBA for Gouff but i'm undecided whether he'll bench him or not.  I wouldn't be surprised if he did but neither if he started.

I think more likely to go to 4-2-3-1 (4-5-1 the way we play it) such as:

Cisse

Remy    Cabaye      Gouffran or HBA

Jonas  Tiote 

Santon Colo Willo Debuchy

Krul

Could just as easily see Anita in there for Jonas.  He could do fucking anything to be honest, not a lot would surprise me and that's the biggest worry of all.

Lunacy to even consider dropping Ben Arfa, yet I wouldn't be surprised tbh. If Pardew does bottle it and revert back to 4-4-2 with the usual suspects, he should be sacked on the spot.

It depends on the result. Pardew will figure if we can keep it solid at the back, we might get a goal from Remy or Gouffran. After the first half at Everton he'll be more bothered about keeping a clean sheet and getting something from the game than playing fancy football.